FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Home: Hatrack (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Home: Hatrack
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found in Hatrack an indispensible friendship that I have never truly found. By this I mean that I stupidly thought that here I could find no harm - but I have found that, as in real-life, not all life can intertwine. I will forever feel a rush of happiness that overcomes me as I come home to Hatrack, but it can never be the same. I thank you all.
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
In that you mean, you feel hurt by my thread?
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

How I would love to ignore you, but it doesn't feel right
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

My thread was not intended to hurt you. If you feel it's an important part of your identity, then please feel free to tell me to go to hell.

I've been particularly insouciant lately, and apparently I was very cavalier with your feelings. I'm sorry, wieczorek. [Frown]

"Remember - Ralphie is frequently a big goober."

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to get back at Ralphie, I reccomend repeated posting in the Ender Burning thread. She would enjoy that kind of payback.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

::grins:: There is that.

Oh, sheesh kid - Gimme your AIM nick. I'll start the Ralphie Luvin' ASAP.

wieczorek
Member # 5565

Sounds amusing Chade.
Ralphie, I recommend not pleading for the ousting of a quote that resides in a book you've never read. Unless ofcourse you meant to be funny (something I suppose I need lessons in) by asking if my sig. was from a book.

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
wieczorek, I hope you don't find this question rude, but how old are you?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Do you find you to be immature and impulsive? [Big Grin] Hmmm...no. You can ask all you want! [Razz]
[Smile]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Was that an ASL reference? Saxon75! I had no idea you swung that way!
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Saxon, if you think my posts (after the thread based on my sig) are immature, you should be glad that I gave myself a half hour before writing my own thread - it could've been embarrassing...
[Smile]

Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Ralphie hasn't read Ender's Game?

She's a witch!

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
wieczorek,

How old are you?

Of course Ralphie has read the book. You'd be hard pressed to find a poster who had been here for over a couple of years who hadn't. Of course she was teasing you.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

But she turned me into a newt!
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

::still waits for wieczorek's AIM nick::
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Weezy, she's read it. It was a joke. Perhaps you need to spend a little more time around Ralphie to understand what she finds funny. It won't always overlap with what you find funny, but that doesn't mean it isn't empirically funny (nor that it is -- sorry, Ralphie, my honesty filter has kicked in).

She waited much longer than I did to comment on it, if you recall (and I guess I've made a liar of myself, as I'm now commenting on it again -- there goes the honesty filter). Quotations used as signatures seem to work best when funny, or thought-provoking, or sometimes both. Your quotation isn't funny, and while it can be thought-provoking, it most likely won't be so here, because everyone already knows it and where it's from. It's like those topics that have been discussed ad nauseum, yet still crop up now and then.

Most boards that have signatures have a feature that allows them to be turned off by the choice of the viewer. When you type it in every time, we don't have that option.

I'm not gonna tell you to stop posting with the signature. But by itself it doesn't add anything, and leaves me unwittingly with the (incorrect) impression that you have nothing of your own to add. I just think you're better than that.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

Has anyone else pointed out that Ralphie and the wiz are exactly 4000 members apart?

Methinks there's magic in the air!

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, PSI had no problem with the sig and doesn't get why anyone cared.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Old enough to realize that I'm supposed to be doing my homework, Kayla. [Big Grin] But I suppose I'll pay for that in the wee hours of the morning - hmmm...exaggeration... And you're going to keep waiting for it, Ralphie. I enjoy watching (metaphorical expression) you squirm.
*uses tong to poke at Ralphie's sizzling brain* [Big Grin]

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

That's really scary Ayelar. Thanks for pointing that out!
[Eek!]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
I enjoy watching (metaphorical expression) you squirm.

Whoa. I suddenly, truly, like you.

And I'm going to assume everything is right between us, since you're not using your sig AND teasing me.

It feels like I just won the lotto, only without the cash and hotties that come with big money.

wieczorek
Member # 5565

[ROFL]
quote:
Weezy, she's read it. It was a joke. Perhaps you need to spend a little more time around Ralphie to understand what she finds funny. It won't always overlap with what you find funny, but that doesn't mean it isn't empirically funny (nor that it is -- sorry, Ralphie, my honesty filter has kicked in).

She waited much longer than I did to comment on it, if you recall (and I guess I've made a liar of myself, as I'm now commenting on it again -- there goes the honesty filter). Quotations used as signatures seem to work best when funny, or thought-provoking, or sometimes both. Your quotation isn't funny, and while it can be thought-provoking, it most likely won't be so here, because everyone already knows it and where it's from. It's like those topics that have been discussed ad nauseum, yet still crop up now and then.

Most boards that have signatures have a feature that allows them to be turned off by the choice of the viewer. When you type it in every time, we don't have that option.

I'm not gonna tell you to stop posting with the signature. But by itself it doesn't add anything, and leaves me unwittingly with the (incorrect) impression that you have nothing of your own to add. I just think you're better than that.

[ROFL]

Well Ralphie - I suppose this is how friends are made? (That's supposed to be funny...) But don't think that you're going to get so lucky with the sig omission each and every time... [Wink]
[Smile]

-------

Kayla
Member # 2403

Well, he is 12 Ralphie, so don't get too excited.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ralphie, I think you should lower your standards for hotties. You could have me for a dime-bag and a plane ticket, babe.

[Eek!] [Cool]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

*stomps foot like a twelve-year-old* Why can't anyone get it right? There are two things wrong with your post, Kayla... [Mad]
[Smile]

Kayla
Member # 2403

Whoa, that's truly frightening. He's a she and she's only 11.
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Ha, that sounds funny. It actually sounds better than the truth!
[Smile]

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
<sighs dramatically>

I have been replaced as Ralphie's newest hizzo...

[Frown]

Was bound to happen, I suppose, but I had hoped, at least, to get smacked around some before she moved on...

If there's anything worse than feeling used, it's feeling unused...

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
<looks around cautiously to see if emotional manipulation is working>

<sees Ralphie glance this way>

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

TAK, with a member number of 381, why were you Ralphie's hizzo?

[Confused]

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

See what becomes of heroine building...
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

I spent more than two years dormant (left in October of 2000, returned to posting in, like April of this year)
Ralphie
Member # 1565

TAK - No one can replace you, baby.

No one.

wieczorek
Member # 5565

You can resume your position, Analog Kid (or TAK, I suppose) as Ralphie's hizzo. It sounds too much like "sizzling" which reminds me of bacon, and that's what's cooking up in the frying pan besides Ralphie's brain, so it doesn't sound too appetizing...
[Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad you've taken to posting more on this side. [Smile] I hope you stay.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

HEY!! Was that supposed to mean that I'm "no one"? I'm one of those people who can understand the double-negative concept, Ralphie. Besides, I voted for Dat Phan
[Smile]

wieczorek
Member # 5565

I hope I stay too (which is up in the air, because I'm quite often not responsible for my own actions, but I will gladly claim them!)
[Smile]

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

[Big Grin]

(i just can't think of anything appropriately witty to say after that)

wieczorek
Member # 5565

Hey, I can never think of anything witty to say - I just say what comes out and you've seen my posts...yep...
[Smile]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*kicks wieczorek in the shins*

Sorry, kid. You were askin' for it.

*looks around with beady eyes*

I'm thinkin' there's several other people out there who could use a good ol' fashioned shin kickin'. And I'm a thinkin' that I'm the man to do it...

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

That's kind of funny Bob. Considering you name isn't Bob and you aren't a lawyer, but at least you are a man. Or at least a guy. It's nice to know that there are some things you can count on.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*kicks Kayla in the shins*

You'd better watch it, Kayla. If that IS your real name.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Hey, at least my screen name isn't Kayla the Doctor. [Razz]
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Some lawyer you'd make, Bob.
Even a he-she can win a lawsuit over a bruised shin

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

I ain't no Lawyer, kid.

*gives wieczorek a pamphlet explaining when a joke is no longer funny*

wieczorek
Member # 5565

Urgh...why can't I tell the difference between the white and black lines, Bob?
wieczorek
Member # 5565

I'm starting to feel really pathetic at this point.
wieczorek
Member # 5565

I've been exposed as a he-she (which I'm sure is no longer funny [Wink] ), I've given up my sig and I'm suckling on the last bits of secrets I have hidden!
Where is Annie's ice cream thread? Oh, I know, down [Big Grin]
I believe that the more I write, the worse it gets [Grumble]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
wieczorek, you're all right. Glad you stayed. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Thanks
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.