FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Martian Logic

Author Topic: Martian Logic
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are OUR rules! Please note...these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's like camping.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Everything appears to be number one.

1. Men can't tell the difference between numbers. This is why he will forget any important date.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I know you're expecting me to be a wet blanket, but as much as it pains me to say it, you are now my hero, HDD.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum
Member # 2549

- posted      Profile for Possum   Email Possum         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone one of these is good enough to put a man in the dog house for 72 hours.
Posts: 201 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum
Member # 2549

- posted      Profile for Possum   Email Possum         Edit/Delete Post 
...but they are humorous
Posts: 201 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

quote:
A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

[ROFL]

True. You need a jackassdectomy. For that, you don't need a doctor, you need a lawyer. [Wink]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
I propose a deal: You learn to aim, we learn how to work the toilet seat, fair enough?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Whew. And people ask me why I don't date girls. These are why. I think this list is hilarious, and I have yet to find a girl I can figure out enough to have a serious relationship with.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
[Cry]
quote:
1. Crying is blackmail.
[Evil]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Damn, you've never asked me out. [Frown]
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
and
quote:
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
[ROFL]

The amount of arguments I could have avoided if i knew these before...

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
:Bump:

Can't let pat's love thread beat me.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.
As long as you remember that this applies to women as well. Nothing ticks me off more than a round guy who thinks it's okay to make fun of and insult round women.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Great set of rules... I--oops! Excuse me!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
There, that's better.

Let me just add: [ROFL]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This I COMPLETELY agree with! If you haven't said something, I'm not responsible for it!!!

If I haven't said something, YOU are not responsible for it.
quote:
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
Double amen. I HATE the "Why am I a jerk today" game.

[ September 16, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, HDD. All those points so right. All so true.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Crying is blackmail.

Sometimes this is true. Sometimes women have these little things called "emotions". Not all women are the same, and not all women are able to "suck it up". If you expect us to, then expect to have a bitter hag.
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted this only to be clued-in by HDD's bro, that it was already here.

Very, very funny stuff [Smile]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
This is classic! [ROFL]

What ever happened to the "guy rules" thread? [Dont Know]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's like camping.
[ROFL]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jexxster
Member # 5293

- posted      Profile for Jexxster   Email Jexxster         Edit/Delete Post 
I just never understood why my mom always told my brother and I to sit down to pee. It would seem that, sitting there on the floor of the bathroom, my aim would be even worse?

Seriously, I just don't see the advantage sitting to pee would bring.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
^^ [Big Grin]

Also, great list HDD. [Smile]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.