FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm not-as-horribly sick on this sixth day *whimpering much more softly* (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm not-as-horribly sick on this sixth day *whimpering much more softly*
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that disturbing?

This is day 4 of the Katie'sColdDeathWatch. Am at work because there is too much to do, plus I'm starting to hate the seven walls of my living room.

[ September 18, 2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
<pats Kat gently>

have some chicken soup...

<holds out bowl of Campbell's>

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep all the time. Happens most when I'm washing dishes and I have rubber gloves on. [Grumble]
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*takes the chicken noodle soup, sniffling loudly*

Thank you, TAK. I almost said TAKy, but that doesn't sound nice. I appreciate this. The first day my throat hurt and I was so body-sick that after I took a shower I needed a nap. It's now progressed to coughing up verious phlegmy things and feeling like I'm going to throw up. Nurse said it is from all the snot in my stomach, which did not help the nausea.

*lays down in cubicle, pulling Harry Potter blanket over her*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds really similar to what I just got over. The thing that really struck me about that cold was the feeling of tears running down my face. My eyes would get really watery and then usually one tear would leak out. It was nice and cool against my skin too (darn fever).

I suppose I was just trying to come with something (anything!) to make the darn thing more tolerable.

Anyway, hope you get better soon [Smile]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
<tucks blanky in tightly>

Get some rest and get better soon, ma'am.

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Smile] [Smile] Thank you.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just getting over a cold, too. Obviously, I was infected while browsing Hatrack. Thanks a lot, Katie.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Eyes fill up with tears? Or snot...
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I told you I wouldn't kiss you. You can't blame this on me.
katharina
Member # 827

winky, sadly, I'm afraid that, considering the timing, it may not have been tears.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wahh... Ew.

My eyes sometimes fill up when I sneeze, but that's partly because I'm the queen of marathon sneezing. I rarely if ever sneeze only once, and have been known to sneeze up to 15 times in a row.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Not...tears, you say? Well, I can't say I've experienced that warm feeling as it rises in the back of your head. [Wink] Hope you feel better! [Group Hug]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Kat. [Frown]

::hugs Kat and doesn't cop feel, out of respect for sickies::

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*hugs Ralphie carefully, does NOT wipe nose on her shirt*

And on top of everything, Slash's "I'm sick" thread got more posts in the first hour than mine has total. [Frown] This is so sad.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

But yours doesn't have a pity title, kat... Yours has a title that people read and go "Oh... THAT'S gross...."

Besides, everyone's interested in a sick lizard-man...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Is that it?

I have an unfortunate tendency to smack someone's hand when I long for them to pat me on the head. Besides, it's kind of like the rose/thorn/brush outside Sleeping Beauty's castle - there's less traffic, but you know the ones who made it through really care.

I'll try a different title.

[ September 16, 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

katharina
Member # 827

There. [Smile] That's better.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Excellent pity title. I commend thee with soup.

(gives kat some soup)

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you feel well enough to type up a full inventory of your possessions? Of course I have dibs on the altima, but there might be other stuff I want that I don't know you have -- like historic Boy Scout patches. A list would be great. E-mail addy's in my profile.

Thanks.

P.S. Should you get better (which would be great, btw), I could use a replacement Tote 'n' Chip. Mine seems to be missing a few corners.

Thanks.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Zal - what in heaven's name is a Tote-N-Chip?

*googles*

Ah - I'll look in the hide-everything closet down the hall. *grabs the flashlight*

[ September 16, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a horrible allergy day. I feel for you. [Frown]

Chicken noodle soup and rest are good things.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Scouts who have their Tote-N-Chip in their possession can carry pocketknives of a folding nature. Any abuse of knife or axe safety observed by a leader will be grounds for losing a corner. When all corners are gone, so is the Tote-N-Chip and so is the right to carry a knife.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Wow....

I'm afraid I can't just hand you a Tote'N'Chip. Can you show that you deserve to have one?

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, colds suck. I haven't had a bad one since January which was close to pneumonia I think
*pours you tea, gives you a hot water bottle because they are cute and some more soup*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor kat. [Frown] (((((carefully antiseptic)))))

quote:
the seven walls of my living room
[Eek!] Well, there's your problem!

*makes kat some nice hot-honey-and-lemon*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((kat)))))

(((((Bob the Lawyer))))))

that sounds like the cold I'm finally getting over, and it was horrible [Frown]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Kat)))))
Get well soon!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*spins and twirls*

But really, I'm pretty much all better. Keep dishing up the kat luvin'. And don't come crying to me when you all get the death cold!

*visualizes hugging Kat but doesn't dare touch her*

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*air hugs BtL tightly* You are a sweetheart. Thanks. [Smile]

*sad* And still losing miserably to Slash's thread. He even got kacard to post there. Maybe its the aloofness. *practices aloofness*

[ September 17, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
kat: [Frown] Sorry to hear you're sick. *emails some of my mom's homemade chicken soup and a big box of lotion kleenex*
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Can a person be truly aloof when they have a stomach full of snot?

:feels inexorably drawn to the aloofness:

hmmm...guess so.

So, are you any better at all today? Hope so.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
you know what works wonders? Garlic. A whole mess a' garlic. Eat it in soup; swallow it whole - not only does it kill every little beastie in you, but it'll keep everyone else far enough away that you won't risk re-contamination. [Smile]

*gives Kat some garlic soup*

feel better, amiga!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, kat, you've infected me, too!

::sneezes::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you feel better soon, Kat.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you changed your thread title. I didn't read it before because I didn't realize it was a "kat is sick" thread.

Carefully hugs Kat but not too tightly since tight hugs are very bad for colds and often leave the hugee feeling worse.

Love ya!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for Cecily           Edit/Delete Post 
(((kat)))

5 days...and it's still as bad as when it started? ...Dr? Maybe? You may have an infection of some sort if your snot is not letting up.(especially if it's coming out yellow. EW!! Yeah, I know it's gross.)

I hope you feel better soon!! [Frown]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*makes Kat a medicinal tea*

*pat, pat*

I'm sorry you feel bad, and I hope it passes quickly.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't you come down with something this horrible around the same time last year?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
I started getting sick on Thursday night. Friday was really bad, but Saturday was good. Then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were bad, though there were a few times when I almost thought I was actually getting better. But the darn thing just won't go away!

[ September 17, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm ]

Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Kat - Dan is really, really sick. [Frown]

So, while I'm taking care of Meat Dan, I'll take care of Katie, too.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Group Hug]

I sent you a Boogie Mouse. I hope that helps.

Katie
doing her best to be CT

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Take NyQuil. [Big Grin] It's great. [Wink]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Get better kat. Or I'll burninate you.

[Smile]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

That scared the snot out of me.
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Glad *something* worked.

Feel better, ma'am.

katharina
Member # 827

You need a nickname.

I will call you Tannie.

Added: Still not right. Tanno? The Kid? TAKezzy?

Curse you for the hard-to-familiarize handle!

*still thinking*

[ September 18, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

glad to hear you're getting better [Big Grin]
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

*feels the love*

edit: How about just "Kid"? -- I understand how that could be difficult, since I am 10 years older than you...

[ September 18, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

He's TAK, Kat.

TAK. Kat.

OooOOooooh.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.