FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This guy is one of the reasons I get panic attacks when I try to go to church (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This guy is one of the reasons I get panic attacks when I try to go to church
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*facepalm*
Posts: 37419 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SBRad:
Dude, you are not cool. Sounds like you are ALL broken by Marty's indiscressions. I have read through the entire thread and you are blatantly rude, threatening, trashy at best, and entirely pathetic. I actually went to River of Life as a teenager. Yes he could be super pervy in his sermons, but if he was wrestling (or losing the match) to these sorts of issues, of course it would come out!

Whoever you are writing these stupid things about Marty, you are wrong. You come off as arrogant, like you are the Great judge. If people are all messed up with God over Tingelhoffs mess than that is on them. Tingelhoff never said he was god, so people should learn that if they are going to insist on the Christianity business, they have to lean in to the god part and understand that humanity is different than God. But in the same way we want Christianity to tie our crappy lives up with a pretty little bow, we want our pastors to do that for us, too.

Pastors are human! "The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, who can know it?" I am not a Christian at all, but it's not because of Marty Tingelhoff, and at least after he was caught he kept it real and became a human again.

I'm not Christian because I can't fit my beliefs into what Christianity requires beliefs be fit into. I'm just not so narrow minded. Anyway, I do suggest you get a hobby other than tearing people apart from behind a computer screen. And while Marty did some stupid crap, he did do A LOT of good. I imagine he still does. He is just a dude, like all of us, his failing were super public...that's the price he has to pay for being god-famous.

Just capturing this part too in case he wises up and tries to cover his tracks
Posts: 15417 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all hilarious because Marty Tinglehoff is proving three things at once:

- he really is a genuinely pathetic asshole,

- he's really bad at impersonating other people, and

- he'll double down on his own bullshit even when he's obviously been made

Super great thread, everybody. I got screenshots just in case. Marty and "surrogates," you're a painfully dumb human being, but I don't feel bad about that because you're also garbage. Just go away. You will never recover your credibility.

Posts: 15417 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the part where Marty describes his own sermons as pervy.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I like how marty's version of Christianity is just him using theology to craft a victim blaming narrative excuse. "Yo so if Marty abused you It's still on you if it screwed you up mentally" yeah no you dipshit it's on the abuser, good Lord
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.