FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cocteau Twins and Socialization

Author Topic: Cocteau Twins and Socialization
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
So I just got back from this event called Cocteaufest. I got in for free and had a great time even though I had to leave so early.
Usually at parties I will stake out a corner and watch the crowd talk. Sometimes a person will talk to me, but I have trouble starting conversations with people I don't know.
There was also a very, very cute Asian guy at this thing I so badly wanted to flirt with, but I suck at flirting.
If you haven't heard Cocteau Twins go listen to them right now. They are sheer bliss. Their later music is ethereal and graceful.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
Cocteau Twins is great.

Erm. Yeah.

Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
As a cute Asian guy myself, I would just like to point out that we are very easy to approach. [Big Grin]

Seriously though, most guys are flattered by girls approaching them. While girls usually think guys approaching them at parties have an "agenda" in mind, guys on the other hand do not think like that.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
BOOOOYYY MEEETSSS GIIIRRLLLLL

WHA!

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
people still listen to the Cocteau Twins enough to have a festival (regardless the scale)?

concider me surprised.

Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, Beren, I think you've got that a little off. It's not that guys don't think the girls have an agenda, it's that we don't mind so much [Big Grin] . And of course it (generally) doesn't bother us so much if that agenda doesn't, in fact, turn out to be what we thought it might be.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a bit surprised too. They broke up quite a few years ago.
I can't believe I do that in front of people... wave my hands like that when I hear a cool song. *mortified*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i've got several cocteau twin albums on vinyl which were fairly easy to find. they do some very cool stuff.
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seriousfun
Member # 4732

- posted      Profile for seriousfun   Email seriousfun         Edit/Delete Post 
Their recording engineer is a great guy by the name of Lincoln Fong.

He now works for Pete Townshend of The Who.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.