FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Need More Dates

Author Topic: I Need More Dates
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
How am I ever to finish my super-fruity halvah surprise? I've run out of dates!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew it was just a matter of time.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

But I bet you weren't expecting it in Hindi!
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
True.

[Hat]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
And there I was thinking you were on the prowl... *sigh* [Wink]
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin           Edit/Delete Post 
How does 2/19/2001 or 11/29/1988 sound? And I've got plenty more dates where those came from, so don't be shy about asking for more! [Big Grin]

Jeff

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

My sister was born on 8/8/88!
Homestar Runner
Member # 5724

- posted      Profile for Homestar Runner           Edit/Delete Post 
hee-hee...I like cheese 9/23/03
Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought halvah was made from sunflower seeds. What are the dates for? Is there some halvah permutation that I'm not aware of? What's the deal Annie?

-----
I can't tell you how pleased I was to discover that the tinfoil-wrapped blocks of a brownish substance that were being sold in the open air markets in Bucharest were halvah (which I had never heard of) and not hash. Of course, then I became addicted to halvah (particularly the kind that was rippled with chocolate).

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Sesame seed paste, actually. And almonds, usually. And honey. See, the dates only apply in "super-fruity halvah surprise."

OK, shut up. How many recipes do you know off the top of your head that call for dates?

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Fruit-nut bars.

Date cake (I've made three kinds).

Apple-date-nut cake.

Date pudding.

Spice bars.

Hmm, there are more, but that's all I can come up with just this sec.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Stop it! You're ruining my culinary goddess persona! Now I'll never get any dates!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after all that, I don't have many left.

So I'll just have to do this

*pat pat*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
If it makes you feel better, Annie, I'll still date you.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.