FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone feel like hooking up at BYU tomorrow? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone feel like hooking up at BYU tomorrow?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But, SM, what if you've seen that smile, somewhere before?
Still wondering what you mean by this, Trog.

So we're looking at 2:00 at the Wilk? Will we enjoy the fine dining experience that is the Cougareat?

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
SM, that's a line from Saturday's Warriors.

*is amazed that a BYU student didn't recognize that quote*

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

I've seen that smile somewhere before.
I've heard your voice before.
It seems we've talked like this before.
Sometime, who can be certain when?
But if I knew you then,
It's strange, I can't remember...

Feelings come so very strong
Like we've known each other oh so long

The circle of our love...etc. I'll spare you the rest.

<---Pathetically, knew these words of the top of her head.

Nasty aren't they?

Pat, why can't you do it until 1:50? You said your thing ends at 1:00

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in a mormon-minority area. Sue me. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
So where exactly are we meeting?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

That's true, the Wilk is pretty big.
hansenj
Member # 4034

...and crowded.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

...with mormons.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

What? [Angst] Nobody told me there'd be Mormons there.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
The Wilk = taco-salad-in-an-edible-bowl central. Or do they not serve those anymore?
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Don't ask me. I'm not blessed with a Dining Plus meal plan.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it me, or do those lyrics remind anyone else of the song Where or When?
quote:
It seems we stood and talked
like this before
We looked at each other
In the same way then
But I can't remember where or when

The clothes you're wearing
Are the clothes you wore
The smile you are smiling
You were smiling then
But I can't remember where or when

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Trog's seminar is somewhere on the third floor, neh? We could meet in the mezzanine above the food court where it's not so crowded, outside the computer shop. Is that considered the third floor? I forget.
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
HOLD ON!!! So what are the details in this dealy? Because I so wanna meet people, now that I'm finally so close to fellow hatrackers. I have this study thing at 1, but it's only for a half hour, so will you guys still be around at about 1:40pm? In any event, if tomorrow works out, we should so try to do something another time. I LOVE HATRACK!!!

((HATRACK))

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to admit my sneaking on here and reading this when at work. I also want to admit to singing "In our humble way" for 2 of the 6 hours of my extreme boredom there.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
♪ Working righteous Harry Carrey...♫

Hey, check out my post number! That only happens...*counts on fingers*...every thousand posts or so!!

[ September 26, 2003, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Seems like we have a lot of interest but not any planning. The third floor in front of the computer store sounds good. Damander can't come unless we start at 1:00. If we started at 1 and went to 3:00 (or whenever people need to leave) I think everyone could come at some point. What do you think? It might be hard for latecomers to find us in the mass of tables. Any ideas (non-embarrassing [Wink] ) on how they could find us?

(Oh, and I have to leave for class in about an hour and a half, but I can check back when I'm on campus, too.)

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

My last class today ends at 1:00. I have nothing to do between then and 1:50, so if you want to meet in front of the computer store then, that'd be fine with me.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

same here. Want me to hold a sign or something?
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there at 1:00 too.
Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Well, me, Damander, Jon Boy, and Ruth have all met before, so if you think you can recognize one of us, I think you'll be fine.

See you all at 1:00! [Smile]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I've never met you all. How am I gonna recognise anyone, or vice versa?
flyby
Member # 3630

I won't be able to be there at 1, but I'll be coming at about 1:30, or a little later. I'm gonna be carrying an Ender's Game book, so if the group of you see me, be sure to say something to me. I'm wearing red pants and a white shirt too, just as an FYI, and I think I remember some semblance what some of you look like from my look in the hatrack album a while ago. Hopefully I can find you guys. Laters!
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'll be at a nearby table doing my Arabic homework and I'll be wearing my BYU hoodie.

[ September 26, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

flyby
Member # 3630

I couldn't find anyone. Saddness...we have to arrange to meet again, because I so want to meet people. You don't know how excited I was to think I was gonna meet some Jatraqueros. Anyway, so yes, again this next time, I will actually find people. I have decided this must be so.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

We were looking for you, flyby. Sorry we missed you. [Frown]
hansenj
Member # 4034

[Frown] Yeah, it's too bad we missed you. We were keeping an eye out for you and your white shirt and red pants, but we never found you.

But hey, that just means we have to do it again sometime! [Big Grin] Tell me when, and I'll be there as long as I don't have a class.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Nevermind.

[ September 26, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

Were you guys right outside the computer store? Aww..this is major saddness that I missed out on. I looked all around for you, and I was like holding out my copy of Ender's Game so it would be obvious that I was looking for you guys. Oh well, definitely have to do something another time.
hansenj
Member # 4034

Yeah, we were sitting on the floor outside the computer store (there weren't any open tables). We went and got lunch downstairs at 1:00, but we were back upstairs by 1:30, so I don't know how you managed to miss us. [Dont Know]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.