FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MAFIA Schedule Change -- MAFIA players, please read

Author Topic: MAFIA Schedule Change -- MAFIA players, please read
Patsy
Member # 5699

- posted      Profile for Patsy   Email Patsy         Edit/Delete Post 
The game is on for Monday after all, if I can get the kill from the Mafia before I leave for Seattle in the morning. I started looking at my upcoming schedule and don't think we can take Monday off after all. I'm leaving for Denver next Sunday, so the game has to be over by Saturday.

I'm suspending the 'everyone must post at least once per day' rule just for tomorrow, since we weren't originally going to play then.

Also, there will be a rule change to make sure the game is over by Saturday. Starting Tuesday, the mafia will get to kill two each night.

If you're vehemently against this change, and have a better idea for making the game go faster, please let me know. By email, preferably.

You can face the peril, I'm sure. [Smile]

[ September 28, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Patsy ]

Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that'll effectively remove the abstaining option. As I see it, we simply won't be able to wait for an ID, it's going to become too expensive.

Hmm... Well, I'll be posting tomorrow some time I suppose.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Patsy

With the police I have trained it will be over by Wednesday. Can the townies lynch two mafia if the police release two names?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Feyd,
The abstaining thing has not stopped any lynching. At least two people have died every day, except the first where the townies have no lynch. In fact we are one person ahead since two people were lynched on the day that Damander and Narnia died. All the abstaining talk has done is make the mafia more obvious. We have at least 3 maifa down and a possible 4th right now. And that is in 5 days of lynching. Not bad.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Enough talk! Let's get killing!
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Her Royal Sweekiness
Member # 5747

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Sweekiness           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The abstaining thing has not stopped any lynching.
That's exactly Feyd's point, I think. With the citizens being morally upright and abstaining, the mafia get two chances to kill citizens instead of one, because They still vote.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Yes but it makes them targets. They have not been getting two townies every day. Look at the results. The townies have lynched only two townies in 5 days and 3, maybe 4, mafia. Compare that with a usual game. In most games there are at least half a dozen townies that get lynched.

I do not count the mafia hit. There is nothing that can stop that, short of the doctor, but so far the lynching with out evidence has only helped the mafia.

Overall I would say that the strategy has worked for the townies.

msquared

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.