FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ROTK special showing with FOTR and TTT extended cities announced (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ROTK special showing with FOTR and TTT extended cities announced
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Already have my Map Quest map printed out.

I have never been there but it has to be similar to the Showcase Dayton South, where I usually see the movies.

Travle time according to Map Quest is 27 minutes. I am betting I beat that by at least a couple of minutes. [Smile]

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, another word of advice... 75s right before 275 is under construction. 2 weeks ago, I saw it backed up for miles. So you might want to plan on it taking a little longer. Usually, it is only about 30 minutes. Ive made it from that exit, up to the bookstore OSC was at last time, in about 30 minutes.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
The theater in Chamblee, GA is evidently not in the best of neighborhoods. I don't know that for a fact, but a friend who lives on that side of town calls it "Chambodia". Not really sure what he meant. Afraid to ask.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Only about 3 more hours until I go and get my tickets.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

It looks like my brother and his daughter will also be going with us. Now I just have to work out when to get down there to get a good seat for the movie.

I need the middle front row of the top section. The one with the railing in front of it. That way I can stretch out my legs(6'4") and have easy access to get in and out for potty breaks.

msquared

cyruseh
Member # 1120

Let me know what the ticket prices are like, so I can decide. Thanks!
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhm, not sure about there, but the tickets in Salt Lake were sold out by 9 this morning.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

uh oh... [Frown]
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
$90 dollars later, I've got tickets for the UltraScreen showing for me and two of my friends. I am so excited.

Our show starts at 2, which kind of sucks, especially since I've got a final that morning that's supposed to go until 12:05. Too bad I'm finishing in an hour and getting my arse out there. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I have mine. $25/each.

msquared

msquared
Member # 4484

cyrush

I just called at 2:55 and they still had some for sale.

msquared

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't able to get tickets. It's sold out. [Frown]

I know this is about a million-to-one chance, but does anyone have an extra ticket for the DC showing they'd be willing to sell me? *gets down on hands and knees to beg*

[ October 09, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Miro ]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

msquared, whats the schedule?
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
Yee HAW...Tucson!
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Ken and I have tickets!

::bounces::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

At Springdale the first movie starts at 1:15, the second at 5:30 and the last one at 10:00. I would be surprised if they are not sold out now.

msquared

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a ticket for the Salt Lake City showing.

My best friend got a ticket for me as bait to come and visit. He stood in line with his sister for 48 hours to get tickets. There's going to be a party.

I'm being tortured. I want to go!!!!

[ October 10, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie, I'll drop by and wish y'all well -- but I've resolved that I'd much rather watch those movies on my own schedule. [Smile] Sitting through ten hours seems more like an endurance test, a way of proving myself a "true fan," than something my old bones would enjoy anymore.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Yeah right Tom. I am 40 and have been waiting for this for the past year. I sit on my but for 8 hours doing somethng that I don't really like doing as a job. Sitting for 10-1/2 hours at something I really enjoy is not a big problm for me. It is just your contrary nature. [Smile]

msquared

unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Katharina we have tickets for SLC too! You deffinitely need to come down and see us. Unfortunately I don't think our little Elijah could sit through all the movies so he will be with a babysitter.
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

Hope is alive again. [Smile] The Baltimore theater doesn't start selling tickets until tomorrow, and my friend who goes to school up there is going to try and get them.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I read a thread and see that someone's sn is an EG character (without any puncuation), I find it quite intriguing... [Smile] ... the majority of the names have been taken (as I had first tried a bunch of other names), but I rarely see any posts from these original people. [Hail]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

SUCCESS!! My friend was able to get tickets for us!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

wieczorek - I'm flattered. [Smile] But if you look at unicornwhisperer's post, right above mine, you'll see that she has a much lower member number. So I'm not as original as some. [Wink]

msquared
Member # 4484

On CNN last week.
Special showing sold out.

How many of you bought extra tickest to scalp? Wish I had thought of that.

msquared

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Ellen Silla Lumen Omentielvo. Naur An Adraith Ammen Silla.

Rhaegar The Fool

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Here is a whole listing for people who want to get tickets.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=lotr+tickets

msquared

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.