FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dobieholics Anonymous

Author Topic: Dobieholics Anonymous
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is for those of you with a dobie addiction. Feel free to post here and get support from fellow addicts.

My name is ikantspel(my mother didn't like me) [Cry] and I'm a dobieholic, [Cry] I only posted one dobie, but am tempted to do it again. I was going to do one about this thread...please help me.
*more sobbing, followed by a blowing of the nose*

[ October 09, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: ikantspel ]

Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

A dobieholic.

Dude, you should shoot yourself.

[Wink]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, that made me laugh out loud.

[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
Note to self: Buy a gun so that the shooting of yourself can be accomplished. Oh yeah, and buy some cat food.

[ October 09, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: ikantspel ]

Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tieko
Member # 5594

- posted      Profile for Tieko   Email Tieko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know] So I was walking down the street yesturday and some guy in a trench coat ran up to me an handed me a HUGE bag with "Do Not Open: Dobies inside." written on it. Since I don't know exactly what a dobie is...I thought this might be the place, seeing that you all are dobioholics.
::Tosses the bag of dobies in the center of the group::
So whats a dobie anyway?

[Confused]

[ October 10, 2003, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Tieko ]

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Opens bag and gobbles down all the dobies.

A dobie is a thread that is a pun/take off/play on words of a real thread. Point are awarded for being as close to the original title as possible but stil being as far away as possible from the original intent. Links should also be provided.

For example, if I started a thread that went " I dig hole" about my experiences digging a hole in my backyard, with links to my website that has pictures of the hole, a good dobie thread would be "I dig Hole" with links to site with pictures of the group Hole and Courtney Love. You could do another thread with the title "I dig Holes" and link to a site with pictures from the movie Holes. The possibilities are endless.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I prefer the dobie title to not be identical, but to be a pun instead. I think it should sound almost the same, so it should have the same number of syllables, and not have any drastic changes in structure.

May favorite dobie ever is Should we go to war with a Rack? a parody of "Should we go to war with Iraq?" (which has, I believe slipped off of the forum).

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Icky. It was my favorite, too, no matter how guilty I feel about it.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, extra dobie points are awarded if your dobie gets more posts, or lasts longer on the 1st page, than the thread you ad dobie-ing.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.