FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Savvy?

Author Topic: Savvy?
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I must admit to you all that I am basically completely obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean, but I'm having a problem with this project my friend and I are attempting. [Blushing]

I need the help of some of you amazing internet-searching people.

I'm looking for a very specific image from the movie. Right after Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom "comandeer" ( [Razz] ) the ship towards the beginning, there's a shot where Johnny Depp looks over his shoulder holding something (his gun I think?) and smiles. You know which scene I'm talking about? It's in all the trailers, I think. We're also looking for a picture of Johnny Depp stepping off the sinking boat onto the dock at the beginning, but I'm not sure that one is findable.

Any help would be much appreciated! [Big Grin]

(And yes, I know we're silly. [Wink] )

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I will have them for you shortly....

[ October 17, 2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

For real?! [Big Grin]

You have no idea how excited I am...

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
One. But I'm not trying to steal lusti's thunder, or anything. Hers will likely be better.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Hmmm...this is proving more difficult than I'd anticipated.... [Mad]

I'm having difficulty capturing them. I'll do my best but this may take me a while....

[ October 17, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

*squeals in glee* (and I'm not lying, I actually did! [Wink] )

Thanks, Pop! That is just the part I was talking about. [Big Grin]

Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize for the quality and such, but at least for now...

Stepping off onto the dock, and another shot.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Pop's copy is alot higher quality, maybe even DVD rip, where'd you get?
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You guys are my heroes!!

Thanks, Suneun!

[Smile]

ludosti
Member # 1772

Yay for Suneun!!

*hangs head in shame of not being able to find a good way to capture it*

Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop's looks like it came from the trailer. It's a much smaller photo, which makes it look much higher quality. I think mine looks similarly nice at that size.

Mine's a divx compression of something, I'm not sure what. I'm not very good at telling tele-sync, tele-cine, and screeners apart. It's about as good as a copy gets this soon from the theatrical release. I think it's a screener (from VHS) because you can see the smudge in the bottom left corner. It was probably a screener ID# or something. Though the colors are a little washed out at times...

Who knows.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I googled for a website, played a trailer, froze it at that point, took a screenshot, and cropped the photo. And it took almost all the computer skills I have, which is why I would never enter one of those Adobe Photoshop competitions.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno , Pop - you're halfway there! And this week's theme is "Close Encounters of the weird kind." You know it's just calling to you.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, you should do something like "Papa Moose meets Donna Summers". That'd be werid.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
What about the drawing of that scene by the very talented wife of Chris Bridges?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

I really love that! [Big Grin]

Chris, does your wife sell prints of her sketches? I would totally love to have one if she did. [Smile]

Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Depp says "savvy" in Once Upon a Time in Mexico too. I wonder if that was really in both scripts or if it's a Depp-ism...
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
That line in Once upon a time in Mexico made me giggle.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.