FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help with a survey (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help with a survey
Elsha
Member # 5680

- posted      Profile for Elsha   Email Elsha         Edit/Delete Post 
I lurk around alot, but I haven't posted yet. Hopefully you can help my friends and I with a survey that our school district has banned. They do not allow a "sex survey" during school hours, or even on school grounds. This survey is for a class called Theory of Knowledge (International Baccalaureate required class) and we need input from a variety of sources and ages.

All the questions are optional and you don't have to answer all of them to be included in the survey. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. Age
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials?
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex?
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion?
5. What religion, if any, do you practice?
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please please please help my friends and me out! We're hoping to have about 100 results to work with. Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age-15
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials?-yes
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex?-no opinion
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion?-contraseptive
5. What religion, if any, do you practice?-no comment
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control?-yes

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age - 19
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? Yes
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? I don't condone it, but I accept that it happens.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Abortion
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Lutheran Christian
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? No, not having sex is. Contraceptives are a way around it. [Wink]

[ October 23, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Wetchik ]

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age -- 33
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? -- yes
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? -- Marital status is not a primary concern for me. Age and maturity are, some of which may be reflected in rates of marriage (or not).
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? -- contraceptive
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? -- non-practicing Catholic
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? -- yes, but not as critical as literacy

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
1. 24
2. Yes
3. Believe in it...like does it exist? Yes. And I don't find it necessarily wrong, either.
4. It can be both. If an egg has been fertilized, then it's abortion. If not, it's merely a contraceptive.
5. None
6. If the population is to be controlled by man, limiting birth is a more reasonable alternative than killing old people. I don't think population needs to be controlled, though. Mother Nature is doing a fine job.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 18
2. yes
3. I think it's wrong.
4. I don't know enough about it to form an educated opinion.
5. Evangelical Christian
6. yes

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
1)21
2)Yes.
3)You betcha.
4)A little from column A, and a little from column B.
5)Bagism.
6)I think it's about time we started the long process of terraforming and colonizing other planets, and thus population control should not be necessary. But to answer the question more seriously, I don't believe in contraceptives for the sake of population control.

[ October 23, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Fitz ]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age = 25
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? = They're awesome.
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? = That it happens? Yes. That it should? No.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? = Don't know enough about it.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? = Mormon
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? = Well, yeah, that would make sense. It's that or pogroms. Still begs the question, "What level of population control, if any, is necessary?"

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I agreed with Frisco way too much, not having read his answers before taking the survey. [Goes to wash.]

[ October 23, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: A Rat Named Dog ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screechowl
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for screechowl   Email screechowl         Edit/Delete Post 
So you can have a real contrast, here are my 60's era liberal views:

1. Age Over 55
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? Any medically sound contraception is acceptable
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? Yes. It is an idividual's decision to make
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Contraception
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Whatever I want to...still.
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Yes

Posts: 440 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamwalker
Member # 4189

- posted      Profile for Dreamwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
1. not a fair question.. oh alright 36
2. Hmmm stupid lumping together of different types of contraceptive.. condoms/barrier type methods o.k. abortion inducing (iud etc)not o.k
3. I don't condone it, but I accept that it happens.
4. abortion
5. Catholic
6. No

Posts: 141 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
A question for those who consider the morning after pill a form of abortion.

Why?

I may be totally wrong, but a large percentage of the time an egg isn't even fertilized, correct?

::rolls around in filth in an attempt to make Geoff feel better::

[Wink]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age: 21.
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? Yes.
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? Um, it happens, but I no longer condone it.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Not sure.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Christianity.
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Yes.

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamwalker
Member # 4189

Frisco start another thread about the morning after pill if you are really interested- it would derail this one [Smile]
Posts: 141 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 34.
2. Yes, but not all forms/methods (some people I've known consider an abortion a form of contraception, for example).
3. For me it would have been wrong; for others it's not my place to say whether or not it's right or wrong, but I still think it unwise.
4. In the "not knowing enough about it" category, but I'd tend to err on the side of caution (see #3).
5. Protestant (Baptist, sort of).
6. Birth control in the physical/chemical sense, not necessarily, but in the wise-choice/planning control sense, yes.

If you've been lurking for a while, you probably already realize that you won't get simple yes/no answers from many, many Hatrackers. You expected that, right? Oh, and welcome!

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamwalker
Member # 4189

quote:
If you've been lurking for a while, you probably already realize that you won't get simple yes/no answers from many, many Hatrackers. You expected that, right? Oh, and welcome!
welcome [Smile]
and many of us would argue that the phrasing of the questions, and the questions themselves, tell us much about the beliefs of the person asking them. So simple yes/no questions are firstly asking us to play along with someone elses belief structure before we even get to answer the question.

[Wink] Did you write the questions yourselves or are they set for you?

[ October 23, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Dreamwalker ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age 29
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? Yes -- some methods
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? no
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? contraception
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Judaism (Orthodox)
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? I'm not sure that control is what is needed; but no, education is what is needed more than anything

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age: 17
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials?: Yes
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex?: Depends on the relationship.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion?: It's a violent contraceptive or an extremely mild form of abortion; both.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? None
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Yes, because there's no way that six billion people are going to stop having sex just because someone said so.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age - 20s

2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? - Yes

3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? - Yes

4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? - Contraceptive

5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Judaism (Orthodox)

6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? - Probably

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age 15
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? I do not condone it.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Don't really know, but I would think contraceptive
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Evangelical Christian
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? I'd prefer euthanasia, but since some crazy liberals have a problem with it I guess killing babies will have to suffice.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age

Yes

Indifferent (I will no do it, but I can't condemn it for everyone)

4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion?

Contraceptive I suppose, not sure on the actual function of it.

Methodist (if I had to pick and organized religion)

Yes, I personally do. Enforcing that worldwide isn't really an option though, now is it?

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Age: 19
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? It happens. I don't think it's necssarily a good idea, but I'm not terribly concerned about it happening among people who are mature enough to deal with it. I don't approve of sex for the heck of it. I think sex is only something for people who are in love and are committed to each other, not just for random flings because it feels good.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Contraceptive
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? I'm a practicing Catholic
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? It's an important element.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ October 24, 2003, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Nato ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 25
2. Yes
3. It happens, but I wish it didn't
4. I'm not sure (it doesn't fit my definition of a prophylactic since it is "after the fact", but I don't know if I'd consider it a form abortion or not)
5. LDS (Mormon)
6. Yes (whether population control is necessary is another matter entirely)

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age: 18
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? Yes, though I would prefer a method that prevents fertilization rather than implantation. A zygote might have a soul, who knows?
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? Not particularly. It's more of a grey area than adultery, though.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Wikipedia on emergency contraception. According to this article, the morning after pill can prevent implantation or ovulation. So I would say it is both and depends on the circumstances.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Christianity
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? I think that technology and education are important (the developed world doesn't have a big overpopuation problem) but birth control should be made available wherever feasible.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 28
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. It's an abortifacent.
5. None.
6. Yes.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elsha
Member # 5680

- posted      Profile for Elsha   Email Elsha         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everybody! I knew that when I posted that the answers probably wouldn't be yes/no, and that's great. Additional views and opinions will make the survey all the better. [Smile]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age: 18

3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? No opinon, really. What happens between two people is their own business, not mine.

4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Contraceptive

5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Roman Catholic (can hear the gasps)

6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Yes and no. They don't work all the time.

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 24
2. yes
3. sometimes
4. don't know enough to know what i believe
5. not currently practicing
6. population control doesn't concern me so much as keeping irresponsible people from having, and raising poorly, innocent kids

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 18
2. Yes
3. I believe it exists. I believe that it's wrong too.
4. From the little I know of it, it acts more like a contraceptive (doesn't it simply flush out the uterus via hormonal release? [Dont Know] ).
5. Mormonismism (the extra "ism" is for Cool. I'm tired [Wink] )
6. Best solution for population control. Is population control the best solution? I doubt it.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tzadik
Member # 5825

- posted      Profile for Tzadik   Email Tzadik         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age - 27
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? YES – when married
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? NO
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Not an issue when married (or shouldn’t be)
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Christian
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? NO

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age-- 30
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex?Yes
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion?If sex resulted in a fertilized egg, abortion. Otherwise, it's just a safety precaution.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice?None
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control?Yes, but included with education

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 19
2. Yes, I believe they exist, No, I don't think they're neccessarily immoral- but I do think maybe they're a tad weird.
3. Pre-marital sex? Well, if you mean pre-commitment sex, when a commitment is by one party and not another, then absolutely I think it's wrong. Otherwise, I guess indifferent, just probly not for me
4. I'd say it's a pretty scientific fact that its a contraceptive, albeit an unhealthy one.
5. Animism, mixed- monotheistic
6. Oh, good grief, if you mean murdering unborn babies or infants like in China, then no, what kind of sicko do you think I am. Think out of the box- space and marine colonization!

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug J
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Doug J   Email Doug J         Edit/Delete Post 
1: Age 26
2: Yes
3: Yes
4: Abortion
5: Non-practicing Lutheran
6: No

Posts: 7083 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age - 25
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? - absolutely, this is an invaluable option for married couple who fiancially, mentally, or even physically can not support the birth of another child.
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? While I have participated ( my first child walked down the isle with my wife) I can't say I honestly believe it is a good choice. Unfortunately we human beings can be very weak minded creatures when we are young.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Abortion
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Christianity
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? i think it certainly helps.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 34
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Still up in the air on this one.
5. Methodist Christian
6. Yes, but only one cornerstone. Literacy, planning and resource management are the others.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
1) 21
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Contraceptive
5) No exact religion
6) Yes.
I must add that I'm French so maybe I won'"t count in Your pannel. Good luck !

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age

Of course.

Not everyone gets married. Not everyone should. Not everyone CAN. Safe sex is always acceptable among consenting adults.

If it kills, it's a killer. If it prevents, it prevents.

I do not "practice" any organized form of spirituality.

No, but yes? I mean, the POINT of birth control is to prevent pregnancy, and therefore it's the most poignant method of limiting offspring, short of abstinence, which is of course very undesirable for most of humanity. But controlling one's offspring and controlling the population at large are two entirely different things. If I answer yes to this question I feel like I'm endorsing both of those at the same time.

[ October 24, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Caleb Varns ]

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You realize that each of these questions, in and of itself, can start an argument here? All of them accept the Age question are very open and have a lot of explanations to go with them.

1. Age--49
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials?--Yes
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex?--Yes, but not for everyone.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Undecided, and with other options availalbe, have decided not to use it.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? This would take a majore sized book to explain. Put it down under Personal Quest
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Yes, but so is Education and Attitude Modification Programs (Advertise that Sex is not a sign of Machoism, Abstinence is. Advertise that any form of Birth Control has a failure rate. Advertise that, you are ready for sex when you are ready to be a parent.)

SPEAKING of Arguments, here is a thought that just crossed my mind and will most likely derail this nice thread:

"Abstinence is not the only 100% guaranteed form of birth control. So is homosexuality."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, abstinence failed once, so maybe it could be argued that homosexuality is better? *steps out of thread*
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
:: interrupts thread to express excitement over mention of TOK ::
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age 22
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? I believe that people use them, and I also believe that it's perfectly acceptable to use them.
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? I believe that it happens, and I believe that it's perfectly acceptable between consenting adults.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? I don't know, and I don't care enough to find out.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? I don't practice any, but I grew up with and still have a fondness for Christian Science.
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Well, there are plenty of other ways to control the population, so no, it's not necessarily fundamental. But I do think it's a good idea.

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
7. Do you believe that every sperm is sacred?
Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1. Age

1. 24
2. Yes
3. Yes, I have no problem with it.
4. Contraceptive, but would have no problem if
it were considered abortion.
5. Atheist
6. Yes

Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age 31 (for about another month).

2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? Sure.

3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex?Sure. My views are pretty much identical with CT's on this one (big surprise).

4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? Technically, it's an abortifacent, but I view it as a contraceptive.

5. What religion, if any, do you practice? I was raised athiest, and don't subscribe to any formal religion.

6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Again, I'm with CT. There are other, more important elements to population control, the most important of which is education. Birth control is certainly a piece of the puzzle though.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age: 22
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? yes
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? I think it is wrong.
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion? I don't know the details of how it works.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? Methodist Christian
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? No, if by birth control you mean pills, condoms, etc.

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age 42 (and SINGLE - if anyone is looking...)

2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? yes

I believe it happens (me included). But I still think it is wrong (sin), as a Christian.

Abortion

5. What religion, if any, do you practice? fundamentalist Christian

6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Yes, but education is also very important

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacey
Member # 3661

- posted      Profile for stacey           Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, wonder if I should really comment on this since my mum and sister are also Hatrack members and they have pretty much opposite views to me.

1. Age-17
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials?-yes
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex?-yes
4. Do you believe that the day after pill is a form of contraceptive or a type of abortion?-contraceptive
5. What religion, if any, do you practice?-none
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control?-dunno

Posts: 315 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Age 21
2. Do you believe in the usage of condoms or other contraceptive materials? Definately!
3. Do you believe in pre-marital sex? Yep - I don't think it is wrong in itself. I do however believe that sex is a big thing and should not be rushed into.
5. What religion, if any, do you practice? None
6. Do you believe that birth control is fundamental to population control? Yes, certainly. I also think education is necessary and desirable, but given a large proportion of the world population are illiterate and live in abject poverty, I don't think it is a practical global solution by itself.

I should add: For the purposes of data collecting, hatrack probably isn't a representative sample of the wider community - just something to keep in mind. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
Something to add, the day after pill does destroy and egg that has been fertilized. Several people have said they didn't know how it worked so... there you are.
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
1. 18
2. Yes
3. No
4. Abortion
5. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
6. No

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.