FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let's blow each other up... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Let's blow each other up...
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Pads off to go play computer games....
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm occasionally available for:

Counterstrike
JK2 - Jedi Outcast
Neverwinter Nights and SoU
iNsane (have to find it, man that game rocks on a LAN)
UT and UT2k3
Quake 3
Starcraft: Broodwar

I tried Planetside during the beta, it was pretty fun then, haven't played since (I never wanted to commit to paying monthly for a game).

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
So what the hell are SoU and MOHAA?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

SoU = Shadows of Undrentide, the first add on for Neverwinter. MOHAA is Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Great, it's fully updated. When I get my new Halo from Amazon.com (they're replacing it because I lost my old password, damn), I'll be sure to rush out and die at everyone's hands.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm off for an hour or so of Capture the Flag, followed by some slight treachery, with a side of newbie slaughter.
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that was several hours of CTF, with a side of having my ass handed to me, without the treachery.
But I did play with someone named EnDer, or some form of Ender with random capitalization.

[ January 10, 2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Did anybody even try Soldat?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

Soldat???
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone up for some CS or UT?
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

quote:
Soldat???
I liked to it on the first page:

http://www.soldat.pl

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Tomorrow or Sat. I'll be up for some serious Halo CTF. Anyone want to find out how quickly they can lose?
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I'll play, assuming I am online when you are. Just tell me what server you'll be on.

Speaking of Halo...

[ January 15, 2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Sitting at home with a cold sucks. Is anyone up for any online games?

IM jester7918 (AIM) or hop into hatrack chat and let's get some games started!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tomorrow or Sat. I'll be up for some serious Halo CTF. Anyone want to find out how quickly they can lose?
So Lalo is a Halo pro? [Wink]

How do you play online? I'm too cheap to play Xbox Live if you're talking about the xbox version. I use Xbox Connect. It's free. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

I play on the PC, and to be honest, I'm looking for someone to play -- though this weekend may be a bad time. And I think I have next weekend booked...

Well, if it's possible, is anyone up to a CTF fight next Sunday? Somewhere between mid-day and midnight?

Lalo
Member # 3772

And heh, god no, I'm no Halo pro. I usually play in Blood Gulch or Danger Canyon, and beyond sniping, my killing's usually largely accidental. Still, I think I can put up a good fight if it comes to it.
Nick
Member # 4311

I don't have the PC Halo, unfortunately. I wish I did. How much is it? $40?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I'm up for Halo tonight if anyone wants.
ludosti
Member # 1772

What version of Halo do you have?

[ February 01, 2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

PC
slacker
Member # 2559

Sorry, I should have clarified that: what version for the pc do you have (1.0-1.31)?
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Our family is so totally addicted to Everquest we had to buy a second computer so we could group to play together. This game has stayed interesting for more than 4 years. It costs every month, but it's probably the cheapest habit any of us has.
Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

quote:
Sorry, I should have clarified that: what version for the pc do you have (1.0-1.31)?
I have the newest one (1.031 or something like that)
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

slacker and ludosti are the same person?
slacker
Member # 2559

Hrm...

I can try to connect to you. What's your IP?

Edit: lusti and I share a laptop, so sometimes I neglect to log her out (since she posts on that more than me). Sorry for the confusion. [Big Grin]

[ February 01, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: slacker ]

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I hate 1 on 1, let's join a game with other people or something.
Or I could play for a little while and then switch to a team game, whatever you want.

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I'll IM you my IP
slacker
Member # 2559

Ack! I just tried it, and I've got the psychedelic version of Halo. Let me reinstall and try it again.
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband and me playing HALO:

Me: "I got one! I got one!"
Him: "That was a Marine. Didn't you hear them swearing at you?"
Me: "Oh.....ooo! I got another one!"
Him: "Dammit! Now you're shooting me!"

Ok, done, lurking again now. [Smile]

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I should probably reveal my deep, dark secret now...I'm on dial up, so maybe I should connect to you.
slacker
Member # 2559

That sounds somewhat similar to the last time that lusti played rise of nations with me (except I was doing it on purpose).
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

quote:
My husband and me playing HALO:

Me: "I got one! I got one!"
Him: "That was a Marine. Didn't you hear them swearing at you?"
Me: "Oh.....ooo! I got another one!"
Him: "Dammit! Now you're shooting me!"

Ok, done, lurking again now.

Do you have the PC version or Xbox? Please say PC, we really need more people to blow up.
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

You got it reinstalled now?
By the way, are you logged into AIM? I tried to IM you but you weren't logged on.

ludosti
Member # 1772

Damn, the reinstall didn't fix anything. Time for a reboot.

If I can get it working right, I'll try to get more people in the chatroom to play.

Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
We have the Xbox version, sorry. I apologize for denying you the chance of blowing me up. [Taunt]

If I asked my Dear Husband real nice, we might get the PC version; we have friends in Sweden and stuff who have that version and want to play.

How does the chatting for that work? We have Roger Wilco. Is that all one needs?

[ February 01, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Sachiko ]

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Grr..Halo sucks right now.

How bout some CS?

ludosti
Member # 1772

I'm logged into AIM (i'm even in hatrack chat).

Message me @ jester7918

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I don't have CS, but I might be able to get it from a friend sometime this week.

By the way, I'm sbporter747

[ February 01, 2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I have war3 + exp, starcraft + broodwar, q3 +ta, tribes 1+2, AOM + exp, Halo, Counter-Strike *server up at r4v3n.com*, I have other games too... but those are the ones I play the most.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

Have any Hatrackers actually played with/against each other?
Why aren't more people posting in this thread?
I know I'm not the only one without a life, you people need to get in here so we may kill each other with glee.

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
What, no Call of Duty people? Sheesh ...
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

Just the demo, sorry.
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
I don't have CS, but I might be able to get it from a friend sometime this week.
You can download the Half-Life mod (which is what CS is based off of) here. [Smile]
TheTick
Member # 2883

Just curious, does anyone play Neverwinter Nights online? I haven't been home to play so I can try it, and am wondering how it plays, or if any Jatraqueros have a server of their own.
slacker
Member # 2559

I can fire up a server with a few minutes' notice if needed.

What I'm hoping for is that some people might want to try my modded mod for Rise of Nations (I altered the Uber Resources Mod).

Here's what it's got now:

-elite merchant
pack 50% faster
deploy 25% faster
move 33% faster
+1 to los
create 25% faster
33% more hp
groovy colors [Wink]

-larger population (up to 900 people!!)
-non-combat units don't count towards your population limit (cause you don't want your scholars screwing up your war [Wink] )
-Colossus wonder adds 150 people to your population.

-changes to nubian nation powers and wonders
nubian merchant hitpoints, rare bonuses, and merchant cost nerfed by half
porcelain tower rare income also reduced by half

-rare resource bonus increases
relics from 33% to 60% research speed
wine from 20% to 50% unit upgrade cost
papyrus, dye, furs, and silk from 25% to 50% library research cost
spice from 20% to 50% caravan income
salt, horses, and rubber from 15% to 30% unit cost
sulphur from 20% to 40% siege unit cost
amber from 10 to 40 market price offset
silver from 15% to 33% age cost
tobacco from 10% to 25% building speed
marble from 10% to 25% wonder cost
cotton from 25% to 40% unit creation speed
bison from 33% to 50% granary upgrade cost
copper from 20% to 33% unit hp
peacocks from 10% to 25% population cap (don't need colossus anymore [Razz] )
sugar from 10% to 25% reduced food cost
coal from 25% to 33% reduced timber cost
diamonds from 10% to 25% commerce cap
gems from 2 to 6 territory bonus
aluminum from 15% to 33% air cost and 25% to 40% air speed
whales from 20% to 33% ship speed
obsidian from 1 to 2 archer, fort, town, etc. attack
wool from 15% to 50% citizen cost and 33% to 50% creation speed
uranium from 5% to 25% nuke cost reduction and 10% to 33% nuke speed
titanium from 50% to 75% reduced attrition damage

-resource availability
rare resource availability spread out between the ages to prevent huge rare war at the beginning of a game
oil and oil wells available in enlightenment age to prevent sudden onset of oil in upgrade costs, refineries still require industrial age

-rare resource bonus resources
most rares have increased production by 200%
some have changed bonus resource type

Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

quote:
You can download the Half-Life mod (which is what CS is based off of) here.
I know, but I am stuck on dialup, which is why I'll have to have my friend download it. I actually have the mod version, but I don't have half life, so I need the stand alone version of it.

[ February 02, 2004, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Liquor and Fireworks ]

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently aquired Soldat and GunBound, so if anyone wants to play...*looks hopeful*...
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

I'm currently downloading Soldat, so I'll probably be up for that, I'll try to get one of my friends blessed with broadband to get me gunbound.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

I'd be up for Soldat. I kind of got sick of the prevalent idiocy of GunBounders, but if enough other people want to play, I'd be up for that too.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.