FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let's blow each other up... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Let's blow each other up...
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I know Hatrack had the whole Warcraft III clique -- and I mean "clique"; prissy bastards wouldn't let me join just cuz I don't have Warcraft III, huh -- a while back, but beyond that, I don't know of any real Hatrack gaming bloc.

And thus, this. I've recently bought the very underwhelming Titans expansion to Age of Mythology, so I can rock on that. I also own Halo and I have Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on order.

Now, I suck at computer games. And I've been known to, more than once, secure secret alliances with the enemy and march on my allies. But I'm really digging Age of Mythology, and if there's any number of Hatrackers that want to hack each other to bits, I really think we should get some kind of game system going.

I promise I won't march on my allies.

Except Jose.

But he already knows that.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

Halo
Lalo
slacker
Lime
Wetchik
Geoff
prolixshore
Zevlag
Liquor and Fireworks

Age of Mythology
Lalo
Tom

Homeworld/Homeworld II
Lime
Zevlag

Jedi Knights of the Old Republic
Wetchik
Lalo
Zevlag
Rhaegar the Fool

Final Fantasy
Caleb
Zevlag

EUII
Robespierre
Bokonon

Warcraft III (presumably with expansion)
Lime
Wetchik
Zevlag
Lalo
Ludosti
Twinky (?)
slacker(?)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert (2)
slacker
Wetchik
Zevlag
Ludosti

Eve: The Second Genesis
Lime

Starcraft
Wetchik
Zevlag
Liquor and Fireworks
Maccabeus
TheTick (Broodwar)

Counterstrike
TheTick
Ludosti

Half-Life
Wetchik
Zevlag

Everquest
Dan Raven

Utopia
Paul

Rise of Nations
slacker
Ludosti

Counter-Strike
slacker
Zevlag

Unreal Tournament (UT2k3)
Lime
Zevlag
TheTick
Ludosti

Quake varients, like Jedi Knight or Wolfenstein
Lime
Zevlag
TheTick
Liquor and Fireworks
Rhaegar the Fool

Broodwar
Paul
Frisco
Zevlag

Red Faction II
Frisco

Diablo II
Paul
Lalo
Lime
Zevlag
Ludosti

iNsane (http://www.codemasters.com/insane/)
Zevlag
TheTick

NeverWinterNights
Zevlag
TheTick (Shadows of Undrentide)
Ludosti

Serious Sam (2)
Zevlag

Ghost Recon
Liquor and Fireworks

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Liquor and Fireworks

Blackhawk Down
Rhaegar the Fool

Raven Shield
Liquor and Fireworks

NFS Underground
Liquor and Fireworks

007 Nightfire
Liquor and Fireworks

NOLF 2
Liquor and Fireworks

Civilization III
Maccabeus

Take Over The World
Pinky
Brain
David Bowles

[ January 09, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Lalo ]

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Blows Lalo up*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
*Hoses Lalo and Hobbes down with the Fuel Rod Gun*

I'll be getting broadband (yay!) next Wednesday - having a Hatrack gaming clan would be really, really cool.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I'm tied to Evercrack.

MUST LEVEL.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
There is not game but Red Alert, and the heavy tank is its only prophet.

Also, EU II is fantabulous to play over the interweb.

Edited for spite.

[ October 24, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Robespierre ]

Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Titans worth it, Eds? I dug the original, but haven't picked up the expansion.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I've still got the rules.ini file for Red Alert 2 that really shakes things up (and makes them a bit more fair).

I've got pretty much all of the popular online games (including Halo), and am interested in forming our own clan.

Speaking of which, is anyone up for some Rise of Nations or counter-strike?

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie, my best friend and I are planning on getting Final Fantasy XI for PC Online when it comes out next Thursday. Did you play FFX or any other FF incarnation?

I've never really done online gaming with any commitment, so this is new for me.

Check out www.squaresoft.com and see what you think of the game. It would be very cool if we could have a Hatrack party put together. Heh. We could take over the world when the conquest system starts in December! [Big Grin]

What do you think?

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I still play broodwar (occassionally) and diablo II, though I am waiting impatiently for 1.10 [Smile]
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
And if you want to play the BEST GAME EVER go to

games.swirve.com/utopia

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And if you want to play the BEST GAME EVER go to

games.swirve.com/utopia

I played this game when it was called Barron Realms Elite. You can still play it on harf.no-ip.com the telnet bbs.

Its totally not the BESTEST GAME EVAR!!!!!!11

[ October 24, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Robespierre ]

Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

erm, different game I believe, dude. Utopia was never Barron Realms elite.
Lime
Member # 1707

We should start listing games that we have and enjoy playing and then get together for some MP enjoyment

My list:

Halo
Homeworld2
Homeworld
Any Quake 3 FPS variant (Jedi Knight, Wolfenstien, etc)
Unreal Tournament

I could also probably get my hands on some Warcraft III, Diablo II, or other games as needed.

I might be interested in Eve: The Second Genesis once I get broadband - there's another MMORG that I was interested in, but I can't remember it. Anyway, suggest us some games and we can see what to do about getting them and getting together. Sound good?

[ October 24, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up for an EUII game.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
slacker:
quote:
I've got pretty much all of the popular online games (including Halo), and am interested in forming our own clan.

I love Halo. I just rented it at www.gamefly.com (netflix but with games). I have broadband, an XBOX, and Halo. I'll play ya. [Wink]

Also, I have KOTOR.

Computer games:
WarCraft III+expansion
Red Alert+both expansions
Red Alert 2+expansion
StarCraft+expansion
Half-Life and all mods

Well, I have a lot more computer games, I just don't feel like listing my 25+ games.

When I have time of school/work, I'll play during Christmas break from college. [Smile]
nickmayo@comcast.net
[Wave]

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody on Hatrack likes Final Fantasy? Am I on the wrong forum?
Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't consider Japanese CRPGs to be real RPGs of any kind. They're statistics-crunching games, like those baseball management simulators.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been into Battlefield 1942 for a while, and I just switched to Halo. Halo is definitely more of a thrill ride, though the preponderance of children gets a little annoying. "You got to the Banshee before me! Well NYEH!" [sticky grenade] "Take that!" Jerks.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

Caleb: I love FF, but I don't know if I'll get XI. I'm currently playing FF Tactics Advance, and it's taking up a significant portion of my time. [Big Grin]
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Heya, I like Final Fantasy, but I won't be getting XI for a while, if ever. First off, my computer really has no possibility of being able to handle it. Second, all the servers (from what I hear anyway) are in Japan, and unless something changes soon, that means quite a bit of distance based lag, etc. And third, I'm firmly entrenched in UO at the moment, and will possibly be migrating to UX:O when that comes out early next year. Oh, and FYI you can't choose your server in FFXI unless someone buys a worldpass in game. Sorry, hate to be the bearer of bad news [Dont Know] .
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

Yes, you have to have a friend in a world get you a worldpass in order to access that same world.

On statistical number crunching, Tom, isn't that basically what ALL rpgs are?

I do agree with you in some respects; it can often be pretty tedious, but to me it's because some of the number crunching statistics can be fairly creative. My hope is that FFXI will be story-driven enough to make the game worthwhile and interesting, and in my experience that's what Squaresoft is good at doing.

Plus, I'm fascinated by the possibilities that open up with a multi-player ff game.

But if no one wants in now, I'll be sure to tell you all how it's going down the line. [Smile]

slacker
Member # 2559

Since I'm at work, I'll have to try to remember my catalouge of games that are installed (or that I've got on my file server):

HL/CS/Op Force/Blue Shift
Quake (all)
Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge
Warcraft II/III
Halo
UT
UT2k3
Comanche 4
MOHAA & Spearhead
SNES9x (SNES emulator that lets you play over the net)
Rise of Nations
Age of Conquerors (and expansion)
There (the game)

I'm sure that there are many more that I'm forgetting, but that's all I can think of right now.

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Random comment which has nothing to do with the world of gaming, which I know nothing about:

quote:
underwhelming
You are the first person I have ever seen use that word not in a joke sense.

Now I am waiting for someone to use the world "whelming" all by itself. (It means the same as "overwhelming")

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone ever played Tribes(interactive computer game)? The whelming weight of memorizing short key strokes is more tedious than overcoming.

Edit-to use the word "whelming" [Wink]

[ October 24, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
You kidding me? You didn't need to know more than a dozen of those keys to start playing Tribes (turrets are useful, but who really needs to know how to deploy them? Or drop beacons?). The rest could be easily picked up as one grew more familiar with the game.
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I don't think it counts unless you use it without being told, though....

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Up until recently, all I played was BroodWar.

Now, due to the fact that you can stick a remote charge to an opponent's face, I have begun playing Red Faction II.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried Planetside? Like it? Hate it?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
ae - I was trying to use "whelming" in a sentence about Tribes...yeah... [Razz]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

Oh yeah, I've got Tribes 2, but I never play it anymore.
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
What about "well and thoroughly whelmed"? [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Halo is my number one addiction. Who wants to play? I'm always up for a game.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
GunBound
Soldat (the site seems down right now, but it should come back up soon)

And they're practically free (Soldat is technically shareware, but there's no time limit; all you get by registering is an mp3 player and some different templates), so anybody can play them.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Tom, I'm still not sure about the Titans expansion. The only two changes seem to be the introduction of a new Atlantean civilization (good) and the gift of each race with a titan, a giant, occasionally self-healing, super-powered behemoth that can smash just about any building with three good hits.

I hate the titans. I thought the dragon was a bit over the top -- these titans are ridiculously powerful enough to unbalance any sense of actual warfare. But then again, I prefer the big epic wars with sieges and sorties and battles at sea; if you prefer to have super-powered gods leading your troops into battle, you'll love it.

Caleb, dude, I don't think I have the time, connection speed, or patience to do a full-fledged online RPG like Final Fantasy. If a large current of support for a final fantasy party in Hatrack comes to be, I'll seriously consider buying the game; but as is, I can't afford to buy a game that I wouldn't be able to spend much time with.

So, going through the list, it seems the two most popular games are Halo and Warcraft III (plus expansion?).

Halo
slacker
Lime
Wetchik
Geoff
prolixshore
Zevlag

Age of Mythology
Lalo
Tom

Homeworld/Homeworld II
Lime
Zevlag

Wetchik
Lalo
Zevlag

Final Fantasy
Caleb
Zevlag

EUII
Robespierre
Bokonon

Lime
Wetchik
Zevlag
Lalo (?)
Twinky (?)
slacker(?)

slacker
Wetchik
Zevlag

Eve: The Second Genesis
Lime

Starcraft
Wetchik
Zevlag

Half-Life
Wetchik
Zevlag

Everquest
Dan Raven

Utopia
Paul

Rise of Nations
slacker

Counter-Strike
slacker
Zevlag

Lime
Zevlag

Lime
Zevlag

Broodwar
Paul
Frisco
Zevlag

Red Faction II
Frisco

Diablo II
Paul
Lalo
Lime
Zevlag

INSANE (http://www.codemasters.com/insane/)
Zevlag

NeverWinterNights
Zevlag

Serious Sam (2)
Zevlag

It's my guess that Halo and Warcraft III will be the two most popular. I'd also love to play AoM with some Hatrackers (I call dibs on Tom's team!), with or without the expansion.

I'd love to see some Jedi Knights of the Old Republic here, if there's any sort of a decent multiplayer for it.

A friend just challenged me to a AoM fight (I'm going to lose), so I gotta end the post.

[ October 25, 2003, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: Lalo ]

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
You can add me for the following games:

Halo
Homeworld/Homeworld II
Final Fantasy
Starcraft
Half-Life
Counter-Strike
Broodwar
Diablo II

INSANE (http://www.codemasters.com/insane/)
NeverWinterNights
Serious Sam (2)

[ October 25, 2003, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Heh. Wow. I lost fast.

Okay, dude, consider yourself added. I think I'll move the list up to the first post, for easier reference.

slacker
Member # 2559

Grr...I hate the lamers on CS sometimes..

I was running the tables in a round on cs_assault (25-8), when some lamer gets pissed that I was sniping on the roof with the Commando and starts calling me a h4xor. [Roll Eyes]

Yeah, I need hax when he's huddling in a corner standing still..

Anyways, anyone up for some CS or Halo? Meet me in hatrack chat if you want to.

Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
I would play, but I don't have time, and I don't have the 1.6 version. [Frown]

I'm cancelling my free trial to XBOX live because if I don't, I'll have to start paying for it. [Big Grin] So, that takes Halo and KOTOR out of the picture. [Frown]

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

You can download free programs off the net that will let you play your xbox on other networks (read: non xbox-live networks).

linky

slacker
Member # 2559

Anyone up for a game of Halo?
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
man. I think I need to get my own comp and some real games...
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, Halo, CS, whatever tell me where...

I'm in Hatrack Chat.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

Ok, I'm gonna use Anandtech's server tonight. Here's the server info:

24.87.160.211:27015

It's a 24/7 cs_assault server (which can only be topped by a 24/7 cs_militia server).

If anyone happens to have a fast connection (inbound AND outbound) I'd like to talk to them about setting up a server on it (I can provide the hardware).

Oh well, back to trying to get someone else to play online.

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really good at any of them (I play like a girl [Razz] ), but I play CS, UT, Starcraft, WarcraftIII, DiabloII, Red Alert, Rise of Nations, and NWN. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody up for Halo?
(Just in case anyone ever runs into me while I'm in multiplayer, my name is curiosity)

Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
JK2 aka Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast

{Goth}RhaegarTheFool[CM]

Blackhawk Down

Rhaegar The Fool

KOTOR

RhaegarTheFool <- Looking for a clan, but I'm mostly on JK2 when I Multiplay.

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
I have MOHAA, Halo, Wolfenstein ET, Ghost Recon, Raven Shield, NFS Underground, StarCraft, 007 Nightfire, and NOLF 2. However, I have only played Halo online, but I am willing to play some of these, I suppose.
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, continue gaming, while I slowly take over the world behind your backs...

:evil snicker:

Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

as long as we can still play Halo, take the world
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I have StarCraft!

I've also got Civilization III, but that's not on the list.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.