FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Counting down to ROTK (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Counting down to ROTK
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh its edited by now, we could steal it, I have friends who are violent as I am. Oh yea, Page 3
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

- posted      Profile for raphael   Email raphael         Edit/Delete Post 
i would also like it unedited . imagine 5 hours of rotk instead of 2 (or however long it is . ignore my ignorance)
and yes, me and my friends are planning to mob the studio or wherever your invited to join

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
5 days 'till TTT ex ed. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Glee
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Saruman has gone missing! [Mad]

BBC article

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
That is totally LAME!!! That means they yanked the scenes with the sweet-talking and the throwing of the palantir....and probably the 'climactic' death scene that wasn't in the book anyway. But it still sucks, he was our visible badguy!!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
32 days

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Personally I wanted to see Legolas shoot him throughthe throat, but oh well.It kinda sucks.

-Rhaegar The Fool

raphael
Member # 5870

i think its now 30 days.'(im not too good in math)
hey! isn't anyone counting anymore or am i the last LotR fan around here?

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh my GOODNESS, I can't believe they've let this picture out. This is a big kinda spoiler so be warned.

Flash forward for Frodo of what would happen to him if he kept the Ring.

Crazy huh?!

[ November 16, 2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Abrynne ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
YIKES!!!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

raphael

We did not give up. It is just that on the weekends I have to post from my slow home dial up and real life intrudes. During the week I can post from my work DSL connection. Also my ROTK countdown countdown computer clock is on my work computer. Don't worry, I will keep the countdown going every weekday.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
29 days
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

yay
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[Big Grin]
(need I say more?) [Wink]

raphael
Member # 5870

28 days [Party]
beatnix19
Member # 5836

TTT EE is sitting on my desk! Now I just have to wait for the work day to end so I can watch it.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Beatnix, I'm glad to know there is somebody as chuffeed about the EE as I am. It makes me feel slightly less embarrassed at my fangurly obsession.
[Smile]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I will get it for Christmas if my wife and kids know what's good for them. I can wait since I am going to see the EE of TTT at the theater in 28 days. Just 4 short weeks. Who am I kidding? 4 short weeks? These will the longest 4 weeks of my life other than when I was waiting for mcubed to give birth.

msquared

beatnix19
Member # 5836

Yea, I was the cool guy walking around Walmart this morning at 6:30 before heading to work. I guess its a little better than the midnight run I made for the Harry Potter book this summer.
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Im having a party and we are watching both EEs. Nerd Party: [Party]

-Rhaegar The Fool

beatnix19
Member # 5836

I'm having a party too. Of course, I'm the only person coming to my party. [Frown]
raphael
Member # 5870

AHHHHH
i just can't wait anymore!!!
why does time pass soooooo sloooooowly????

Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm half-way through watching TT EE! It makes a lot more sense than the theatre film. There's a lot more character and story developement. But if you don't like Ents, you're going to hate it...
I love the Ents, so I'm really happy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

where do you get it from?
raphael
Member # 5870

where do you get it from?
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
It's out in all shops which sell DVDs and Videos. I don't know if it'll be out in israel yet though. If not, check out Amazon or somewhere and get them to deliver.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Salon.com has a piece about the extended edition of The Two Towers, for those of you who want a general outline of what the added scenes are.

You'll have to sit through a 20 second ad before you'll be able to read the full article though.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I preordered it at Amazon. Now it would be some 2, 3 weeks until I can see it...
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Question: if Saruman is out of the story all together, how do they fit the palantir into the mix?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

I have TTT EE yay!
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*growls at Rhaegar*
[Frown] we can't get it yet... [Frown]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
beatnix19, you are my soulmate [Smile]

I did the exact same thing for the TT extended DVD and HP. *sigh* [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

****spoiler pic*****

The Wedding

*leaps up and down*

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

27 days.

msquared

Doug J
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Doug J   Email Doug J         Edit/Delete Post 
Going to see ROTK on our 5th anniversary. Such a wonderful wife i have. The movies are released ~our anniversary so i guess it is fate.
Posts: 7083 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

26 days.

msquared

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Oh, happiness! [Big Grin]
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

The entdraft scene is so goo. I love it. But if yoru remember old man willow from FOTR book, they put him in the entwash scene, the huorns are great.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*sobs*
can't watch...don't have...
[Cry]

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
<--- will be seeing the EE on Thankgiving, this is the one thing my Uncle is good for - he buys this sort of thing. It promises to make up for an otherwise very boring day of feasting. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to wait until the 19th !!!!! How long 24 hours can seem when it should be 0...
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The entdraft scene is so goo.
Rhaegar, is it really that goo? [Taunt] [ROFL]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Quite goo actually.
msquared
Member # 4484

25 days.

msquared

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*is thrilled* [Big Grin]
*dances a happy dance*
[Big Grin]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Ooooh, oooh...24 days!
[Big Grin]

Abrynne
Member # 5826

I really wonder what the actors think of This
When I first saw a shot of this thing I thought it was fake but then I saw it on T.V. and now this picture....
I wouldn't mind a ride on it but...yeesh! Weird huh?

**24 days**

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
That's just bizarre. Do people really think that an airplane is good advertising space?

23 days. [Wink]

[ November 23, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

quote:

That's just bizarre. Do people really think that an airplane is good advertising space?

i geuss they do
does it cost more to fly in that --im totaly going to.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.