FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Counting down to ROTK (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Counting down to ROTK
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.msnbc.com/news/997130.asp

Fantastic teaser/spoiler articles in this week's Newsweek. Tons of fun for the trivia lovers. It also outlines some of the cut scenes that we discussed in the other thread. [Frown]

22 days

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw pictures of the Gollum flashback scene earlier this year (in my 'New Zealand as Middle Earth guidebook - yes, I'm sad I know, but I can say that I've seen Isengard!) Anyway, I was assuming that it would be in the TTT EE, after the moment when Frodo tells Gollum his name. I was disappointed that it wasn't, Gollum's backstory is one of the things which made me really worried for the safety of Sam in the book - the fact that the ring made Smeagol kill his best friend. It really set up the psychological menace in the story for me, and made me pity Gollum even more, the bit in the film where he calls himself 'murderer' gets me every time. Poor little critter.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
The flashback scene will be in RotK. They talk about it in the gollum feature in TTT EE. but I also thought it would be in TTT when frodo and gollum were i the dead marshes, just glad it will be somewhere.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry - I missed the point of my own post - the site in the post above mentioned that the Gollum scene will be at the start of RotK, as the Gandalf flashback was in TTT. I like this way of introducing you back into Middle Earth without throwing you straight back into the action.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

21 days!! Exactly three weeks from today we'll be enjoying ROTK goodness. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
20 days.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
We is very excited.
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

- posted      Profile for raphael   Email raphael         Edit/Delete Post 
yep
Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*does a dance of anticipation*
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

- posted      Profile for raphael   Email raphael         Edit/Delete Post 
he he
I'll join you...

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS! 19 DAYS!

[Evil Laugh]

*does a dance of anticipation*

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
For the first time today I saw a trailer on TV for RotK. And I don't count video game advertisements.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I can't believe thay showed Shelob in the trailers! I kinda thought they wouldn't have shown what she looks like until the movie, like they did with the balrog. Oh, well. Pretty cool anyway.

[Big Grin]

Narnia
Member # 1071

18 days.

9 more days until we're in the single digits!!

[Big Grin]

msquared
Member # 4484

17 days.

msquared

[ November 29, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: msquared ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
That long? [Cry]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I haven't seen an advertisement for it, but Abrynne and I did see the lovely movie poster at the theater last night. This movie poster is how I wish ALL of them had looked. It shows beautiful parts of the story, with people's whole bodies and all of it fused together...instead of just their heads, like in TTT. Here are a few more.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
AICN has a few reviews up. There aren't too many spoilers, so it won't ruin anyone's day. The reviews are very positive (right, as if someone could write a bad review of it), which only added to my anticipation.

AHH! Must have Trilogy Tuesday NOW!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

http://www.msnbc.com/news/997117.asp

Some thoughts on the Oscar race. Let's send good vibes. Maybe this year will break with tradition. [Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*cackles with excitement*
[Big Grin]

msquared
Member # 4484

16 Days

msquared

Narnia
Member # 1071

Dang, you beat me!! I was going to be so clever and do it first! [Wink]

Oh well. One day closer!

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading an article about the premiere in New Zealand (apparently the City Council has renamed Wellington Middle Earth for the premiere), and I'm amazed at the length some fans go to.

Because the premiere is now, lots of people have flown to NZ from America and Europe to see the film early. But this woman beats them all:

quote:
Lynn Mackie, from North Carolina, has watched The Fellowship Of The Ring on the big screen no fewer than 69 times and The Two Towers 66 times. She has already spent more than $10,000 visiting Ring events around the world.
Wow! We don't get it in Australia till Boxing Day... oh well, 25 days to go.

[ November 30, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

15 days

msquared

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
From here

quote:
Once work finishes on his next project -- another remake of the classic "King Kong" -- Jackson said he hoped to return to making smaller New Zealand-based movies.

But it was possible a prequel to the "The Lord of the Rings," called "The Hobbit," could be made in future -- although the rights to the book had not yet been obtained, Jackson said.

[Big Grin]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Yay! only 15! Oh, happiness! [Big Grin]
I still don't have TTT-EE. [Frown] We got the non-extended one by accident, and now we can't find the extended one. [Frown]

Narnia
Member # 1071

14 days!!! 2 WEEKS!!!

[Eek!] [Big Grin]

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
14 days, joy oh joy oh joy.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*glee*
*giggles hysterically*
[Big Grin]

beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
13 days!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

13 days

msquared

Narnia
Member # 1071

I've always thought this countdown was a little screwy...we're going to end up with 0 days on the 16th when there will, in reality, be one day left? Are we just fooling ourselves and trying to make it seem one day closer than it is?!

OH THE HUMANITY!! [Wink]

msquared
Member # 4484

Narnia

I am counting down to Trilogy Tuesday and that is Day 0. I will be waiting in line at 9:00AM and the theater does not open until 11:30 or so and the movie does not start until 1:15 or so.

My count stands.

msquared

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

They're showing it on the 16th if you watch all three movies.
So it's really 14 days for me. [Frown]

Narnia
Member # 1071

drat. 14 for me too.

OH THE HUMANITY!

That's ok. I'll just sleep all day on Day 0 and it will be like it never happened! That's the plan! [Wink]

12 days

[Big Grin]

Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, only 4 days for me, as I'm seeing a preview showing on the 8th. [Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
*Giggles as only a man can*
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

11 days

msquared

Narnia
Member # 1071

Anyone that saw Primetime last night saw the clips of the premiere in New Zealand...holy cow. It looked like some party! It also helps that it's in the dead heat of summer down there. [Smile]
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
They already showed it in New Zealand? Ach, I'm so jealous!

I went through all 68 pages of that thread with the spoilers by the guy from the Screen Actors' Guild who saw an advanced showing (twice now). It sounds really really good! I'm beginning to get serious symptoms of severe anticipation.

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

18 hrs. and 45 min. [Big Grin]
(FotR extended showing. [Big Grin] )

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I'm starting to think that the Academy will never give LOTR any kind've real award. Maybe that's just me, but I get that impression.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

The movie premiered in New Zeland late last week and had the LA premier a day or two ago. It is still not out for public consumption.

10 days.

msquared

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Moooo.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

That's just the impression I get from things I keep reading.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
:: dances around with his RotK soundtrack ::

So pretty!!! Billy Boyd has such a dreamy voice.

Did anyone else splurg and buy the special edition RotK soundtrack from WB? And the Trilogy Supertrailer?
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Nifty fact #1 about the soundtrack: Billy Boyd DOES sing on it.

Nifty fact #2: Annie Lennox does one of the ending songs. I love her stuff...and her voice.

Nifty fact #3: Renee Fleming (possibly one of the top 3 operatic sopranos of ALL TIME!!!) is also singing a couple tracks.

Nifty (and extraordinarily scary) fact #4: Viggo Mortensen is singing the title track. Be afraid. The man can't sing. It's truly sad that no one told him and they let him record the song and even PUT IT ON THE CD!!! Now his mother is going to have to break it to him or something.

[Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Ok. Did some downloading. (Don't worry, I'm going to get the CD.)

Renee Fleming is a goddess. [Hail] Nuff said.

Viggo is not bad. They let him sing for about 15 seconds nice and low in his range so that it doesn't hurt us. He's been trained a bit since I last heard him I think.

Billy Boyd has a lovely Scottish tenor. Nice.

AHHHHH! Life is good here!!

Oh, and for all of you wondering about the Grey Havens...well. It's on the soundtrack, and it is followed by a song by Annie Lennox called "Into the West." So I think the Grey Havens is in the movie. Yippee!! [Smile]

[ December 06, 2003, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Its sorta in two parts there's the song that Narnia said and the song in it which is called "Use well the days" performed by Annie Lennox, which is on the DVD to the special edition sountrack.
Satyagraha

[ December 06, 2003, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Mmm, I've been cruising the IMDB boards recently, and it really is starting to sound as though the Academy has been gearing up for a long time to give the BP to Mystic River. I saw Mystic River, and I really didn't like the ending at all, which had no closure whatsoever. The Academy's always snubbed fantasy... I just hope maybe PJ will scrape by for Best Director.

And I remind myself that LOTR will be remembered as one of the greatest efforts of movie history, whereas Mystic River will probably be forgotten.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.