FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I think I overslept

Author Topic: I think I overslept
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I work Monday nights and have a class on Tuesday morning. Usually, no problem--it only lasts an hour. But this Monday we ran over by a good bit and then when I got home I decided to go ahead and watch the taped second half of a Buffy 7th season episode from FX. (7 o'clock episode, class is at 8.) So I didn't go to bed till after 10 AM.

Turns out I don't wake up so good when it's dark outside. I woke briefly at 9 PM or so, fell back asleep, and didn't get good and awake until 3 AM this morning. So that's nearly 17 hours of sleep.

Maybe that's the last of my sleep debt for a while?

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
17 hours of sleep in a row?! [Eek!]

:: brain explodes trying to comprehend that ::

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet jebus.

I only do that when it's medication induced.

*suspicious*

What are you on?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
A midnight work schedule. And caffeine.

Normally I go to bed by 8 at the latest and wake from 2-4 PM. However, the last couple of days I hadn't slept well. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*is impressed!*
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
*only got 6 hrs*
[Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
i have been conscious one day out of the last...5. i work overnight, and the idea is to sleep wheni get home, so i can get up in the early afternoon and actually get things done. i haven't been able to sleep at the right time lately, so when i do sleep, i don't wake up until it's time to go back to work. aaaagggh!
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand what that's like. I leave for work every day at around 4am, sometimes 3am. I work until about 1pm, and then I go to school from 4-9pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday, I go to school from 2-7pm. It's not fun. [Frown]
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.