FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How Do You Insult?

Author Topic: How Do You Insult?
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
A. You need to hit something personal, but something that the other person won't feel bad about. You have to hit on some characteristic that fits them, but not something that will get you slapped. Stay away from racial, religious, or sexual slurs.

B. Stay away from generic profanities (ie. "asshole"). Those are so boring.

And, because I don't want to put you in an awkward position, I'm going to list a number of things that you can use, should you have reason to toss me an insult. I encourage the other members to do the same.

Crooked Teeth and Orthodontic Work

Yes, I have orthodontic work. But not braces...Yeah, I'm one of the unlucky fools with headgear. I've also got a pallette expander. So, other than "brace face" (as I don't have braces), most orthodontic insults (like "metal mouth") will work with me.

Strange Facial Hair

Though I now shave regularly, I've had hair growing on my neck since I was two. That also happens to be the reason I use the pseudonym "Da_Goat" on the internet. My hair also seems to grow faster than most. So you could try "wolf on rogaine" or something to that effect...I don't know.

Teenager

I'm a teenager. That alone provides numerous insults. I'm angst-ridden. I'm a novice driver. I haven't sorted out all my emotions. Et cettera.

Homeschooled

Yes, I'm homeschooled. That's technically different than a "drop-out," but I often get called one of those. And, if the common stereotype holds true, I'm completely anti-social.

Attention-Whore

As this topic is a testament of, I'm an attention whore. Terrible, terrible, people.

Unemployed

I have no job.

Pale Complexion

I am really, really pale. I know you're all saying "Well, maybe you should get outside more. Arizonans aren't supposed to be pale", but...well...it's my mom's fault. [Razz] Dang those New English; and, more precisely, those New Hampshirians.

Okay, now it's your turn to help the rest of us out. Because, come on, we are going to want to insult you eventually.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I was born with a physical defect. My middle finger can't bend.

--|--

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My best insult ever.

A twenty something year old friend walked up to me in a crowded restaurant and said, "Hey, guess what just happened to me?"

I turned and without missing a beat said, "Puberty?"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
If you get to make fun of my overbite...

I get to laugh about your acne....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
The best one iv ever recieved would be from a guy new off the boat.

"Damn you Luke, you have the attention span of a cockroach with ADD"

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night in my religion class, we were talking about praying for our friends. The teacher asked "Who are your friends?"
My dear friend Abby, with whom I have been described as "brutally honest," made a big show out of pointing to me. Awww, sweet.
The teacher said "So you pray for your friend Annie? What do you pray for?"
Abby said, like a true friend, "I pray that her jokes will be funnier."

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steerpike
Member # 5179

- posted      Profile for Steerpike   Email Steerpike         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been called fat, ugly, and stupid. Consecutively, over the course of 3 seconds.

Da_Goat: eViL lurks 'round every message board.

Posts: 80 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. I feel so insecure all of a sudden.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
I follow an infamous insult from the most infamous of pirates Guybrush Threepwood.

*Ahem*

How appropriate! You fight like a cow!

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steerpike
Member # 5179

- posted      Profile for Steerpike   Email Steerpike         Edit/Delete Post 
You're as repulsive as a monkey in a negligee!

I look THAT much like your fiance?

Posts: 80 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
If he fights like a cow, does he do it like the cow in Kung Pow, by shooting the squirts of milk like bullets at his enemies?

-Rhaegar The Fool

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.