FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Perfect Holiday Thread (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrack Perfect Holiday Thread
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*sings more Christmas Carols*

Raia, are you a soprano?

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Why, yes I am!! [Big Grin] [The Wave]

*sings soprano songs*

Are you, Eru?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. Alto! [Big Grin]
We get all the cool parts. [Wink] (and all the hard ones...)
But hey, we can sing together!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Sweet!! [Big Grin]

*breaks into two-part harmony with Eru*

[Hat]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[Big Grin]
*sings with Raia*

Man...now we REALLY need to get together. [Frown]

LOL, now if Marek and Rhaegar are tenor and Bass... [Wink]

[ November 19, 2003, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
i don't know which of the singing groups I fall into, I think it is the one called stringed accompanyment [Wink]

But yeah we do really need to get together [Big Grin]

and hey that means I could see Raia again, *dances happy dance* [Big Grin]

((((((((((((((((((Raia)))))))))))))))))) [Kiss]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Awwww, yeah, we really do!!! It's so sad that we can't!!! [Frown]

Rhaegar's a bass, I know that... and Marek claims he doesn't sing, but that's silly, everybody sings. [Big Grin]

(edit: [Blushing] Awwwww... ((((((((((((Marek))))))))))))) And Marek, you can be our tenor! [Smile] )

[ November 19, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a mezzo - can I join in?

mmm, 3 part harmony...

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oooh! Mezzo! Of course, Imogen, the more the merrier!! [Smile]

Now, if we can just get a baritone, our 6-part harmony is complete. [Big Grin]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

LOL [Big Grin]
It's the Hatrack Choir!
[Big Grin]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*cough* I checked my e-mail *cough*

*sings with Raia, Marek, and imogen*
[Big Grin]

imogen
Member # 5485

ooh, can we sing Oh Night Divine ?

::Starts singing::

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*sings "Oh night divine"*
[Big Grin]

imogen
Member # 5485

As it's the perfect Holiday thread, I'm singing and eating at the same time. Further I am managing to do this without spitting food on anyone, looking disgusting, or missing a note.

No sense letting carols get in the way of all this good food. [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

I like that! The Hatrack choir!!

And *coughs* I replied *coughs* [Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*cough* I got it [ROFL] *cough*
*giggles*
It's like chat!
[Big Grin]

Raia
Member # 4700

Hehe, yes!! Hooray!!! [Big Grin]

And sorry about the length... I got a little carried away...

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

It's OK. I thought it was kinda funny. [Big Grin]
But my parents aren't like that at all. [Wink]

*brings in warm cookies*
yummmm..... [Big Grin]

Raia
Member # 4700

Mine aren't either. Ask blacwolve. [Wink]

*eats cookies* YUM!

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
::runs in, spikes egg nog to make it really good, runs out::

I can play piano if you like. I also come bearing many cookies, especially the chocolate teddy bears my mom makes. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Yay! As Raia said, the more the merrier! Not only can we have out own chior, but we can have an orchestra, too!
[Big Grin]
*eats teddy bear cookies*

Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I will gladly join the hatrack orchestra, *unpacks viola* but I still say I am not a person who belongs in a choir, I can sing loudly, but it is a horrable noise, and high volume with low talent is far too prevalent already and I'm not planning to add to it. I will happily cheer like crazy for the choir, and am a huge fan of at least one member of the group already.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Raia)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) [Kiss]

(I'm not showing too much favoriteism since Raia is the only the one here I have ever heard sing)

[ November 20, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Yay! Marek in the orchestra! [Big Grin]
Actually, I can't sing very loudly. I'm pretty quiet. And I can't sing very well anyway. But I can pretend! [Big Grin]
*sings with Raia*
[Big Grin]

Raia
Member # 4700

*sings with Eru*

[The Wave]

[Blushing] ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Marek))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) [Kiss]

Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Imogen, the present is a, erm. . . (some help here, guys?)
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

A donkey? Oh Black Mage, you shouldn't have.

I've always wanted my own donkey...

[Smile]

(And i'm impressed that you managed to wrap him so neatly, too)

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
***places carefully wrapped decorative present under ceremonial Christmas Tree/Hanakuh Bush/Sacred Oak/Festivus Pole/interior woodland decoration***

OK folks. I'll let you open that up next weekend. Here in the states Thanksgiving is next week, and that starts the "holiday" season. As such, we can all open that present next weekend.

For those of you who have been around a bit, its the same one I gave last year. Regifting (the recycling of presents given to you) is another holiday tradition--for us cheapskates.

I would join in the Choir, but when it comes to my singing...well...there is that court order.

My voice is not a lethal weapon. It won't kill you. It will just leave you wishing for a fast painless death.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

This is the "perfect" holiday. Which means we can open presents whenever we want!
*eagerly rips open Dan_Raven's carefully wrapped packages*
[Razz]

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! Viola! Run!!!!! [Wink]
Hey, I play piano too!

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I play the piano, too. Just not very well. I only got to about level two. I tried learning the penny whistle, but I didn't get very far with that either.

*brings in fresh-baked cookies*
[Big Grin]

Black Mage
Member # 5800

Presents for eveyone!

All in orange and green striped wrapping paper.

Got some German Christmas food here--pig knees, white wurst, shinken(ham), blood sausage, and basically everything else pork.

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*avoids German foods*
*eats cookies*
[Wink]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Hmmm...."perfect holiday"....
*brings in snow machene*
SNOWBALL FIGHT!!! [Big Grin]
[Big Grin]

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I join the choir too? I love carolling. I definately think it should be revived.

(I'm a soprano by the way... [Smile] )

[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] <--See, they're all singing!

EDIT: I'm bringing sugar mice and oranges, because they are what Christmas is...

[ November 21, 2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Eruve. . .
That's some good food. You know there are starving kids in Florida?

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I prefer sugar. [Big Grin]
*gives german food to kids in Florida* [Wink]

*throws snowballs at Black Mage*

*sings carols*
[Big Grin]

Black Mage
Member # 5800

*uses snowblower on Eruve*
*hides in ice fort*
Neener neener neener! You can't get me! [Evil Laugh]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*shoots ice cannonballs at fort*
*sets Yeti loose* "Sic 'im!"
Neeener neeener neeener! Yes I can!
[Razz]

Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
*Burrows under ice fort, pops up inside, smashes a nice juicy snow ball right into Black Mage, crawls out, cackles maniacally [Evil Laugh] *
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

*triggers an avalanche*
Check and mate. [Razz]

I beginning to think I have an obsession with winning.

Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know there are starving kids in Florida?
[ROFL]
Oooooooooh! More cookies! ::grabs a couple handfuls.::
Hey! I'm a horrible singer, but I'll gladly join the orchestra! I play clarinet. (Since this is the perfect holiday thread it will magically be unbroken! [Big Grin] )

Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*uses flamethrower to melt avananche*
haHA! Now I win!
[Razz]

Black Mage
Member # 5800

Flamethrowers usually don't work in the cold.

Besides, you're buried.

Oh well.

I got all of you water buffaloes. Unwrap 'em!

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

I'm not buried. I melted my way out!
Besides, this is the perfect holiday, which means I WIN!!! [Big Grin]

*snowballs Black Mage again*

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*sings away in a manger with Raia*
[Big Grin]

Raia
Member # 4700

I play piano too, just not well, and not very much... but I sing all the time, so beware!! [Wink]

And yay Teshi!! *high fives* Go sopranos!! [Smile] We ROCK! And btw, of course you can join!! [Smile]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*throws snoball at Raia*
Mwahahahaha!!!

Black Mage
Member # 5800

The perfect holiday is the one in which I win.

*=snowball

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-E
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-R
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-U
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-V
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-E

Face it, you can't win. Just go play with your water buffalo.

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Nope. I win.
*throws water buffalo at Black Mage*
[Razz]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the perfect holiday. Everyone wins (or at least thinks they win.)

**Grabs present** I say you can't open it yet, so I'm taking it away until Friday or so.

As far as playing Piano, I used to play by ear, but it gave me a terrible headache. Then I realized playing by fingers was much more comfortable.

Oh, and thanks for the water buffalo. Um, is their a receipt? I may want to exchange it (maybe for something in a Warthog).

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.