FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What movie is everyone gone to right now?

Author Topic: What movie is everyone gone to right now?
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:sitting on the bank of Hatrack watching the sagebrush blow by:

Is it Master and Commander? Or is it because Pirates of the Carribean hit the dollar theaters?

Looney toons? Let me know. I haven't been to see a movie in a theater in over six months, though we did go to the drive in once. It was the much bemoaned viewing of 2 fast 2 furious in order to have a good spot for viewing X men 2.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Elf
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought the soundtrack to Master and Commander. Absolutely beautiful music for work or hatracking. Incredible percussion.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
My interest in Master and Commander is about a 2 on a 1-10 scale. And THAT'S only because of Peter Sarsgaard. [Razz]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I'm part of the population that is wary of ocean movies. The ocean is beautiful, but that beauty rarely transfers well to screen, and this looks like... a very testosteroney movie, and I'm not sure if it is in a appealing way.

On the other hand, all the reviews have mentioned the books, and I'm considering a new obsession.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Went to see Matrix: Revolutions over the weekend. The previews to Last Samauri looked good......
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw 'Matrix: Revolution' last night as well, and I'm still wondering just why Tom Cruise is the main character for 'The Last Samaurai'.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be watching TTT EE in about 24 hours!
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Master and Commander is what I would go see. I just can't afford it right now....
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked Love Actually, its a drop for my machismo stats, but I loved it, and Kill Bill is still in so yay!

-Rhaegar The Fool

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Master and Commander, it was good I thought, but maybe that's just me really liking ships.

Anyone know when Troy comes out? Saw a preview for it but I can't remember.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
We saw "Lost in Translation" last night. It was... interesting. A film that made me appreciate how solid and loving my relationship is. And plenty of good foreign-culture humor.
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
'Starwoids',in which is exhibited 'Star Wars: The Musical', "Quite possibly the most CRIMINALLY UNDEREXPOSED piece of SW fan media in the world." Something that, from what little I saw, we can all be thankful for.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerryst316
Member # 5054

- posted      Profile for Jerryst316   Email Jerryst316         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a very testosteroney movie
Which of course is the real San Fransico treat!

[The Wave]

Posts: 107 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Went to see Le Divorce on the weekend - my boyfriend and I both liked it very much.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
beatnix, me too! So very, very looking forward to it! [Smile]

Jerry, was that a gay joke?

*wanders off Singing "In the Navy" by the Village People*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Butterfly Effect?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched Joan of Arcadia and Stargate SG1. If I watch Stargate SG! again at 11 like I'm planning to, I'll have watched more tv tonight than I have in the past month. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
TV here too - it's too cold to go anywhere tonight. Besides, Monk is back with a new season!
(Favorite line from the series: "Except for the murders and trying to kill me, you were the best doctor I ever had.")

(Best line tonight: "If you ever get your own show, promise me you'll never change the theme song.")

Then I got to show off my attention to detail by explaining to Diane what made the line so funny.

[Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
sndrake.... thank you for reminding me. I almost forgot about Monk. I can catch the repeat. Yay!
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The theme show line was even funnier here. I didn’t watch the first season, and the neighbors that I watch the show with hate the new theme song. Every week when it starts they tell me “the old theme was so much better.” I was [Laugh] at them through the whole thing.

And then they didn't even notice that they played the old theme over the credits until I pointed it out. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Diane was under the impression that the old theme song played at the end has been playing at the end of every show. Memories are funny. In all honesty, the real reason I could be so sure in this instance is that I am a Randy Newman fan and the new song grabbed me right away.

[ January 30, 2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gong to see Master and Commanders.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw Dead Poets society with some girls in the next dorm over...
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Catch 22
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.