FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Calling all Flash MX literate people

Author Topic: Calling all Flash MX literate people
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I’m taking yet another computer based class this semester. The end project will involve incorporating several types of multimedia into web formats. These really aren’t the huge issue here…

What is… Well, I’m using Flash MX to create my presentation in. I’ve gotten relatively familiar with the general tools and animations. Action Script however, is still kicking my butt.

What I need (or want)… I’m looking for resources that have various pre-loaders that are available for public use, as well as some animated buttons (I actually do know how to do these, so that’s less important). I’m also looking for references that involve some tutorials on how to animate buttons (create actions when scrolled over with the mouse). The book I have starts to do this, but is a bit lacking on the detailed instruction. If I get truly desperate, I might look for some public formats that I can go in and tweak.

And before anyone asks, yes this is permitted. The class was not about Flash, it’s about the panarams (sp?), and videos, and codecs we’ve done. I just need help with the details at the end, not the means. Plus, if anyone themselves is particularly knowledgeable, I might be asking a specific question or two just after Thanksgiving.

Well, thanks for the help in advance I suppose,

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you used Fireworks? You can create your own buttons that animate and put them in Flash. I know how to create the buttons too but let me refresh my memory a bit. [Smile] I did at one point remember how to do button animations for Flash too but I need to refresh my memory with that as well. [Roll Eyes] (one who hasn't been in school for 8 months)
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Try Flash Kit. They have gobs of preloaders.

Any other specific questions, email me. I've been using Flash off and on for about 3 years, and while I'm far from an actionscript guru, I can usually point you in the right direction.

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.