FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Attention Guess the Author Authors and Players (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Attention Guess the Author Authors and Players
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you may recall that I use a spreadsheet to help me with my guesses. For the rest of you, I do that.

I'm building my spreadsheet for this season, and I need to verify some of the info in my spreadsheet. So I'm going ahead and posting it in HTML format to my web space. If y'all could take a look and send me any corrections, I'd be much obliged.

Also, if any of you would prefer that I take it down, just let me know and it's gone.

link

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

By the way, if any of the information is blatantly wrong, I apologize. But do try to remember that I am the President and sole member of the GreNME Retarded Monkeys Club.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
If it helps I'm 16 and from the northeast (USA).

Edit: If it doesn't help, I'm 38, my name is Bob, and I live in Tailand.

[ November 18, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Julie ]

Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
o_O

That's much more elaborate than the spreadsheet I came up with.

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I expected special notes for Saxon75! Oh well....
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
heh, ditto what Julie said.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
um, why are you on your own spreadsheet?
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

You know, I was just wondering that myself...
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
dkw - Southern
[ROFL]

*gasps for breath:

[ROFL]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's fun that saxon knows nothing about me, other than my gender... [Evil]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Notes: Is listening to Pink Floyd and digesting a hamburger.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, just to ammend my blank entry...

23, Texan not living in Texas (well, soon anyways).

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
mmmm. Floydburgers. *drools*
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Dana, I suppose I could say that I wrote most of those notes before I really started paying attention to many of the people on the list, but instead I'll just point to my "Hi, my name is SAXON and I'm a Retarded Monkey" badge.
dkw
Member # 3264

No problem. It's just that if I don't see at least three inches of snow by mid-November I get cranky.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

*adds "retarded monkey" to the notes collumn for saxon75*
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
How come some people get to be different colors than their neigbors?

Can I be green?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I saw on there saxon75, the only information you had on me was my gender.
I'm a 19-year-old in California.

[Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the machine, Erik.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

color=gender so if you're green that probably means you're confused.
dkw
Member # 3264

I believe he's color-coded for gender.

<---despises the color pink and all its works.

[ November 18, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

The colors indicate gender. Females are pink, males are blue, people whose genders I haven't yet determined are white. I suppose my choice of colors is pretty stereotypical, but it was designed to make it easier for me to remember which group I was looking at.

[Edit: You folks are fast typists.]

[ November 18, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Duh.

In my defense, your pink looks purple on my monitor. [Dont Know]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Since you have a question mark by the "USA" for my nationality, I guess I should let you know that it is, in fact, correct.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Now purple would be okay. I like purple.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Purple, however, would be much more difficult for my colorblind eyes to distinguish from blue.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Brinestone's not actually a Utahn. She's more Coloradan than anything else.

I'm also disappointed by the lack of Jon Boy notes. It's like you don't even care. *sniff*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Amira lives in England.

I am Canadian (as it says already), more specifically I'm from Ontario (if you care [Smile] )

Irami is American.

Jeni is American.

Jane X is American.

I believe Solo is Canadian but not living in Canada... I'm not positive though...

*Shrugs and doesn't know if that's helpful at all*

[ November 18, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Hmmph. At least you're not the only one being segregated by religion!
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::adds "is colorblind" next to saxon75's name in Noemon's own spreadsheet::

(or would if I were putting that much effort into the game, and actually had a spreadsheet)

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dante is American but lived in Italy for two years and speaks Italian, amid a few dozen other languages.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, I was born and raised in the Detroit area, have spent my college years in Houston, and speak German and strongly identify with German culture. So if a sample mentions Michigan, Texas, or Germany, it's not mine.

Or is it?

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know I'm a 50 year old women living in lower Tibet whose defining charecteristic is hives.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
I am hurt that my name does not appear on your list.

But, I guess it would have helped if I had played.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, you're more than one Tibetan woman? Does Annie know about this?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

It's really dkw's list, HDD.

I'm sure she'll be happy to add you.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
All the information you have about me in that spreadsheet is correct.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
The above statment was said with tongue stronly inserted in my cheek. As much as I love to read, I am no good at breaking down a writing style to geuss who would write it. So any guess would simple be a shot in the dark. I do enjoy reading the snip-its. So I will remain the lurker that I have become.

Thanks though.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
I notice that I've been defined as M?, but in the colour blue. Does this mean that I'm confused about my gender or that you are?

(btw- M=correct)

Cheers

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koryu
Member # 5922

- posted      Profile for Koryu   Email Koryu         Edit/Delete Post 
I demand respectfully that "ninja-in-training" be added to my section of the notes.

~Ryuko~

Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Honestly now, Ryukochan, how often have you known me to acquiesce to your demands, respectful or otherwise?
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
Notes: Pennsylvanian, future world ruler

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Australian.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Hi.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
J'aime the fact that people get confused about my nationalité.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised you people are buying into saxon's little disinformation campaign here.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

quote:
::adds "is colorblind" next to saxon75's name in Noemon's own spreadsheet::

(or would if I were putting that much effort into the game, and actually had a spreadsheet)

I just stole saxon75's by copying and pasting. [Taunt] I never would have thought to actually make a chart to help me figure it out! [Dont Know]
Julie
Member # 5580

quote:
I'm surprised you people are buying into saxon's little disinformation campaign here.
[ROFL] [Laugh] [ROFL] [Laugh] [ROFL] [Laugh] [ROFL] [Laugh]
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Annie
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.