FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Attention Guess the Author Authors and Players (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Attention Guess the Author Authors and Players
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not really stealing if I'm giving it away.

Is it stealing if I'm giving it away but not telling anybody that I'm doing so?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually live in Canada, but I did live in England for the first half of my life and so use a lot of English language that a North American might not use so often, so you might want to put that under "notes"...or something...

[ November 18, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

It's been my experience that Canadians tend to use British spellings for most words, although regional words and slang tend to be closer to the US. Thanks, though.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I realised that as I was writing it, but what I really meant is words like rubbish instead of garbage etc.

You sound a little peeved. I didn't mean to sound snitty. [Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
You sound a little peeved.
Oh, not at all, although I suppose I can see how you might think so. Don't worry, I didn't think you sounded anything other than helpful, and I appreciate it.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering what that '1' column is, and why some people's say "No" and the rest are blank.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
sm:
Does your line say No? If that's the case, that means that you are no longer saxon's friend and are on his special hit list.

Does your line not say No? Then that means that you are still on saxon's hit list and not one of his friends that he's decided to give a short reprieve to.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Each numbered column indicates one round. Wrong guesses are marked "No", right guesses are marked "Yes", and unconfirmed guesses or unguessed people are unmarked.
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Dude, you need to start telling the truth.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Okay, I'll talk.

In third grade I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade I stole my Uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I played Moses in my Hebrew school play. In fifth grade I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...

Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Notice, folks, how he has completely glossed over the infamous 'first grade incident.' This is like Jimmy Carter starting his autobiography with what he did during the years 1981-5.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fourth grade I stole my Uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I played Moses in my Hebrew school play.
O_O

I knew I knew you from somewhere!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! I will neither confirm nor deny any information on the spreadsheet, making it harder for you to guess what it is that I have written! Mwa ha ha ha!

::Waits for 'smart-alek' to appear on the spreadsheet next to her name::

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.