FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » TTT-EE (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TTT-EE
Dag
Member # 5128

- posted      Profile for Dag   Email Dag         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it was a terrific part. Her acting was a little rough but it turned out alright. Still my favorite part is Gimli's horse problems.."Get me on this thing, Im a rider!" [ROFL]
Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*breathes life back into thread*

Not now! Now that I've finally seen it!

Anyway, it totally rocked.

Did you notice that in the earliest scenes gollum at first looks a bit red? I guess it was a colorwash.

I thought Eowyn looked just a little bit rediculous while she was singing. Not that she sung badly, I thought it was a great expression of her grief, just her head movements or something threw me off visually.

What was IN that soup anyway, squid?

I loved how Aragorn admitted to being 78, that's such a great touch.

I did get a pot-vibe from Merry and Pippin with the Old Toby. Especially when I saw Treebeard smelling the air and seeing smoke eminating from the storage place.

I LOVE ENTS!!! I'm so glad there were more of them!

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm halfway through disc 4.

loved the eowyn/aragorn scene with the soup. there's some kind of soup that has that lard-looking substance, but i can't remember what it is. i'm pretty sure it's completely tasteless and has a gruesome texture. funny that he scooped up the biggest chunk right off.

as far as mistakes, something i noticed the second time i saw TTT in the theaters is, when merri and pippin go into fangorn, merri's cut switches sides. coincidently, at the same time, his leaf pin is also upside down. or at least opposite of the way he wears it the rest of the time. also, just something i noticed in trying to figure out what was going on with merri, everyone in the original fellowship wear their leaf pointing to their right except for sam. his points to his left. i always wondered why, and i haven't gotten that far in the book, so if there's a reason for it, someone fill me in. i'm not sure about gimli because of his beard, but everyone else checks out. and i confirmed merri's pin and cut on a website. i'll try to find it and put it in.

also, when they're preparing for battle at helm's deep, and legolas argues with aragorn, does anyone else think they forgot his blue contacts?

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they DO have the extended version on VHS. I could have kissed my former husband when he dropped that by all unexpectedly! However, the VHS version does NOT have cast commentary.

I guess they'll get folks to buy those blasted DVD's yet!

The extended version redeemed the theatrical - which was sorely disappointing.

And definitely, Gimli's little quip about the nervous system was a knee slapper - Gosh, maybe I'll watch the whole thing again since I can't sleep.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, I'm enjoying this extended TTT far more than the theater version. It's not the crowd-pleasing idiocy I once thought.

I'm still annoyed by Gollum's cartoonish eyes, though it's far less obnoxious than I felt it was.

Anyone catch that bit where Pippen finds an apple in the water, then looks to the sky? Great throwback to the scene in FotR where Aragorn throws him the apple, though I'm still not a fan of the FotR's scene's existence in the first place.

There was so much that struck me as I watched it, and now I can't recall it. Damn. I'll have to repost once I get my thoughts together.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotten through most of the supplemental material now. This DVD is worth the extra that you had to wait to get it, and it's price. I'm going to get years of entertainment out of it.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the VHS version does NOT have cast commentary
Awww...the cast comentary is the best! It was in FotR anyway. *still doesn't have TTT* [Frown]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched it on a big screen with a meaty Dolby 6.1 sound setup.

Yum.

[Smile]

...I was glad to see that they included the result of the orc-slaying contest, and that the forest outside Helm's Deep appeared as well.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
The Cast Commentary for TTT is absolutely hilarious. Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd (honestly, if you don't know who they are in the movie, stop reading and go watch) are quite possibly the funniest people I've heard. Also, John Rhys-Davies saying "I had to knee them in the gonads" made me cry. Sallah! Saying "gonads"!

I loved the new/extended scenes. I watched it with a group of friends, and when the killing contest result scene came up, we rewound it right there to watch it again.

Two thumbs WAY up.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely going to get it for myself for Chanukah.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching the appendices and think that overall LotR had better appendicies than TTT. They don't dwell on how the people actually feel about things as much.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree, Banna.

I was also kind of annoyed by how Sean Astin kept interrupting Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis during the cast commentary and going on and on about things.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard the cast comentary, but I saw the extended version last Saturday. It was wonderful! SO much better than the theatre version.

This may convince me to get a TV and dvd player. Hmm...

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcasticmuppet- Try 87.
In the book, the final tally was 42-41, not 43-42. Not that it matters, but I wonder why they changed it.
I loved all the added scenes. They were wonderful.
The only thing that bothered me was the Brego scene. No matter how amazing and kingly Aragorn is, you'd think the people of Rohan, whose whole culture revolves around horses, would be better at dealing with crazy horses. Whatever.
Oh, and Treebeard's line, "I don't remember [what they look like]" broke my heart!

Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only man in America who isn't attracted to Liv Tyler? She's pretty, but I get such a sense of the... Of the bovine? from her that I don't really find myself fantasizing about her.

Am I crazy? Or, for a less easy question, does anyone else find her rather, well, bovine? It's the only word I can think of to explain how I feel about her looks.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] So I went to my Uncle's house for Thanksgiving and he has TTT-EE but my Mom and my sister didn't want to watch it. I had to beg just to get them to let me skip through and watch the new scenes and I didn't get to watch the cast commentary at all. [Frown]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the whole thing, and I love Faramir even more. Wah. Also, I need to watch it with Cast Commentary! BADLY!! >_<
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
So Lalo they've changed from doe eyes to calf eyes? Or is it her teeth when she smiles? It seems like she only smiles with her upper lip and all you see are her top teeth. I've wondered about that myself. On the other hand she didn't turn out half bad considering that Aerosmith guy is her father, the good genetics definitely all came from her mother!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.