FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » why???

Author Topic: why???
raphael
Member # 5870

- posted      Profile for raphael   Email raphael         Edit/Delete Post 
well-here's the place to ask all the 'why' questions that have never been answered or never considered good enogh to ask.

I'll start by asking why the hell do all teachers plot to make the due day for all the most important essays (and tests) on the same day???

if anyone has an inteligent answere please save it for later. my brain ceased to function.

Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
Because they can. [Evil]
Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Good answer.

Why is it that robots in movies almost invariably turn evil?

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

because the producer had a phobia about them. blame him
Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does the lint coming out of my dryer weigh more than the clothes I put in there?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

that leads to the "where did the missing sock in the laundry go?" question.
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
why are you bothering to answer this question?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
To add onto raphael's question:

Why is it that teachers feel the need to assign large projects the day before a vacation starts, a vacation in which we're not supposed to have any homework, so that they can still assign it under the pretense that we could have gotten it all done that night, which is utterly impossible?

Wow....I will be surprised if any of you have any idea what I was talking about just then. I don't think I even know....

[ November 30, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Evie3217 ]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
To Bob:
The Coriolis Effect. That's also why dryers in the northern hemisphere always spin clockwise. They spin counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere. In 1954, on a small island in the Pacific, the United States military attemted to use a dryer too close to the equator, resulting in a massive explosion that the U.S. intelligence still maintains was the first test of a Hydrogen-Fusion Bomb. This is obviously perposterous, just like moon landings and solar power.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] WheatPuppet
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paercival
Member # 1408

- posted      Profile for Paercival   Email Paercival         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't you turn your brain off? Why can't you control your emotions? Why can't you tell your heart not to love someone?
Posts: 348 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raphael
Member # 5870

why are there allways more dirty dishes in the sink than you could have possibly used in the past two hours? [Cry]
raphael
Member # 5870

**taking a break from the dishes**

why does the pile of dishes never seem to shrink no matter how long you work on it ???

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I've probably already asked this, but what the heck...

Why haven't we designed anime-like mech battlesuits? They'd be intimidating, exponentially enhance the fighting power of one soldier, be usable on all different types of terrain. Why not?

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahl22
Member # 1376

- posted      Profile for Rahl22   Email Rahl22         Edit/Delete Post 
Why's the rum gone?!
Posts: 154 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.