FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Response to Rhaegar's Thread (if you didn't see it, don't bother reading this) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Response to Rhaegar's Thread (if you didn't see it, don't bother reading this)
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
True, Rhaeghar started it, but he didn't mean it to be mean, and he deleted it when people complained.

So, can we all just forget about it and move on now?

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we just end this thread, some of the responses are just mean to Raia.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat - Our gay love was to remain a secret. Stop exposing us.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know the world will not actually end, if you haven't figured out by that point then maybe just isn't there, the people, i.e. myself and Rhaegar, who directed people there already knew what was going on so maybe it wasn't really spelled out there, still world is spinnid as it should be, so if you have no idea what it is about then you probably shouldn't have any idea.

And as Rhaegar, and Raia, and rivka all poited out, Raia did not start the other thread, and she only started this one because some of what was said on the other was very hurtful.

And Rhaegar is a nice guy, he has a different way of saying things, and an odd sense of humors, but trust me he meant no harm, he just has a different way of being nice, I mean I'm sticking up for him and he has said he would kill me on more than one occassion.

Basically I just think this whole thing got out of hand, and it should basically be dropped.

And I apologize to anyone I upset with that post or any others on this subject. (it seems that every post on either thread has upset someone)

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
)))Rhaegar(((

(((everyone else)))

[Razz]

Raia, I missed the posts where you said you were only "feeling that way" not actually going to do it.

Please don't say you're going to kill yourself, even if you do take it back later. Please!

And I would like to add my unqualified supportive comments. I'm sorry you and your dad aren't seeing things the same way and I really hope you can work it out soon and find some common ground. It sucks to be warring with your parents about something as important as school (or anything for that matter).

Typical situation: It's your life, and their money. Bound to cause lots of conflicts. Plus, they have your best interests at heart, but the fact remains that they may not know what you want and what will really make you happy. They may also have dreams for you that you are forcing them to revise on the fly, also while they contemplate the possibility that you will waste your college years pursuing something that will not lead to a good career with decent earning potential.

I'm stretching here since you haven't given us much in the way of actual data. And your dad may be a real cold one. I don't know.

So, the bottom line is that I just hope it all works out and gets better soon.

I also hope that you never "feel like killing" yourself, even if you don't mean it.

(Suicidal ideation runs the gamut from mild to very serious. Your statements seemed to be on the milder end of things. But still, they are not the same as NOT having thoughts of suicide. Right? So, if you really AREN'T thinking of suicide, then don't say you are. If you are thinking of suicide, then get some counseling.

Don't shrug this stuff off or laugh it away. When people joke about it, the idea becomes easier and more familiar. Easier to entertain ideas of suicide means they are no longer mild, but chronic. Then what? Are you still joking if you joke 1000 times? 100? 10?

When does the outside world know when you've gone too far? When it's too late? When you stop saying "just kidding" 3x for every threat?

That's my point.

Okay. Lecture over.

<takes chill pill>

(((Rhaegar too!)))

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Next time on "All my Hatrack":

Will Kat find out Ralphie is carrying OSC's love child?
Will Rhaegar finally discover that the woman he loves is really his father's brother's goat?
And worse... that that goat doesn't love him?
Will pooka come out of her coma in time to warn Euvre that Raia is so jealous of her popularity that she intends to steal her precious?
Will Bob the Lawyer manage to win back Ralphie, after losing her to both OSC (and Kat) because of his torrid love affair with jeniwren (the wife of the man he thought was his brother but was really his estranged father)?

Only time will tell.

Next time, on "All My Hatrack"

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
**********Spoilers!!!**********

No, not yet.
Yes.
Sadly, yes.
No, I thought that was MY job!
Yes, but only for the briefest moment.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Ayelar - Are you, like me, becoming weary of what seems to be people using Hatrack to spill their problems, insist on help and suggestions for delicate situations that no one could possibly know the answer to, and then wash, rinse, repeat? Do you find that you tend to have a knee-jerk reaction whenever you perceive someone doing so?

I see an unsympathetic and knee-jerk reaction in myself because I sometimes feel taxed by what seems to me sometimes to be demanded emotional support, and have to quell it frequently. (Of course, I just posted a recent family tragedy, so I'm not entirely innocent of using Hatrack as an emotional support system, myself.)

Rhaegar, Marek, et al - Before you bust an aorta, please know that I don't believe Raia has done, is doing, or will do this at all.

My question is: is Ayelar fed up with OTHER things she perceives as a problem on Hatrack, and this is just another something in a string of somethings?

[ December 02, 2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Will Bob the Lawyer manage to win back Ralphie, after losing her to both OSC (and Kat) because of his torrid love affair with jeniwren (the wife of the man he thought was his brother but was really his estranged father)?

Yes, but only after you realize how much you truly loved me while I'm in a coma, and your sweet, repentent tears that fall gracefully to my face finally wake me in a miracle of science.

It's next season's sweeps.

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm already excited (in more ways than one).
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
woohoo, I got to have a torrid love affair. I couldn't quite unwind the sentence enough to know who with, but it sounded fun. The important thing to know is that I'm a skank for marrying someone's brother, when in fact he was his father. I must find some skanky clothes and explain this all to Ross.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Ralphie, don't forget the May storyline where the season ends just as I've revealed that I am the father of you AND Bob the Lawyer!

I just L-O-V-E cliffhanger endings!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
you truly loved me while I'm in a coma
Personally I prefer when the girl is awake and participates.

[ December 02, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Only because those are the terms of your probation.

(I didn't type that.)

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
So true...

So where is this hospital you're in?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Will Rhaegar finally discover that the woman he loves is really his father's brother's goat?
And worse... that that goat doesn't love him?
Will pooka come out of her coma in time to warn Euvre that Raia is so jealous of her popularity that she intends to steal her precious?

*supresses laughter*
[Smile]
(*eats Bob's post* [Wink] )

[ December 02, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob_Scopatz: I'm so sorry, my post before was so rude and mean and uncalled for, I apologize. I was just a little distressed. Right now I'd just like to say that I did feel unhappy to the point where that was how I felt , I never actually considered it, and I never will... I just felt that way because I was so constantly unhappy, and life didn't seem to be getting brighter. I'm sorry if I scared you, I realized afterwards that I shouldn't have said that, and I really do apologize, I won't say it anymore. Ok? Can you forgive me? I'm so so sorry, I really am.

The rest of you, I seem to have screwed up my case dramatically here... lemme put it this way; I'm so sorry for all the distress or anger I may have caused any of you, I honestly didn't mean to cause any of it. I got home from school today, and checked on this thread, and (yes, I will admit this) burst into tears, not because I was essentially still as hurt as I initally was by what some people said, but because I had hurt people. I made one poster feel unhappy, unwanted, hated; I made several posters angry, and they all think that I'm a pathetic juvenile who thinks only of herself; and I pissed off an entire forum with my "melodramatics." So, I felt terrible, and I cried for a very long time, I talked to several wonderful people who were all trying to console me, but the truth was that I felt absolutely awful, I felt like such a horrible person for having caused all of this havoc, and dissention. So again, I'm so sorry about it all, I did not have any intention of pissing people off, and making people feel hated. On the contrary, this is the very last thing I wanted, and it greatly distressed me to find that I had that effect on people.

I hope you can forgive me, and we can go on from there. I really do love this place, I turn to it for support, and if I overdid it, please forgive me, I'm sorry.

(((((Hatrack)))))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

((((((((((Raia)))))))))) *sings* "Don't worry, Be happy..." [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
A very wise poster once wrote:

quote:
In every relationship people have to put in what they take out, or the other party will eventually become resentful that they are being taxed without any compensation.
-Ralphie 11/22/03

I think this is more true for personal problems than it is for fluff.

I believe that more than anything else, the people here want to leave the world (even this virtual world) a better place than when they found it. Whether that is through teaching, encouragement or laughter depends on the poster.

If you're going to make a problem public, be prepared to be helped. If you're just looking for someplace to whine... well, make it a brief and make sure that we all know that you just want to unload.

There are wonderful people here. If they're made to worry needlessly or without hope of making the problem go away, they're going to get angry. Angry because they care.

[ December 03, 2003, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
I made one poster feel unhappy, unwanted, hated; I made several posters angry, and they all think that I'm a pathetic juvenile who thinks only of herself; and I pissed off an entire forum with my "melodramatics."
No.

Ayelar is a woman of... strong passions. [Smile] She speaks out vehemently about things she feels and thinks, and I honestly believe she doesn't really mean to be taken so fiercely until someone inevitably reacts to it as such.

I think I know the root of her feelings on this, and I honestly don't think it really has as much to do with you as it does a pattern that Hatrack's nurturing manner has developed.

Of course, Ayelar can correct me if I'm wrong and speaking out of turn.

If someone thinks you're melodramatic 4 serious, then they haven't been reading your posts, and they are forgetting the heightened nature of being a teenager. Compared to me at your age, you're a stoic. And anyone who believes you only think about yourself will be getting a wedgie from the Ralphster.

So they better not be steppin'.

Raia - you're fine. The original thread wasn't, but it's gone. This thread started off dubious, but it eventually turned into Bob the Lawyer confessing his love for me for the nth time, so ultimately it, too, is a keeper.

And I've got yo back, and that's really all that matters. Fo rills.

edit: And LadyDove posted in it, so now it's perfect.

<--- unabashed LadyDove fangirl.

[ December 02, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
My only concern here is that I really wish Rhaegar wouldn't treat the girl he has a crush on like a shrinking violet. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

[Confused]
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Have I mentioned that I want to be Ralphie?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Thanks Ralphie. [Kiss]
You have got to be one of my very favorite posters.

Eru, *pat pat*, it's ok, he doesn't anymore, don't worry, he's your precious, it's ok, he's madly in love with you. [Group Hug]

Thanks everyone.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

OK. *is relieved*
If he ever treats ME like a shrinking violet, it's only so he can recussitate me. [Wink]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia...

I'm sorry I browbeat you into making that last post.

You didn't deserve that.

Thanks for the gracious reply, though.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Bob))))) Please, don't worry about it, you have nothing to apologize for. [Group Hug]
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*wilts*
*waits for precious to recussitate her*
[Smile]

(by golly, I'm going to lighten the mood of this thread...)

Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My only concern here is that I really wish Rhaegar wouldn't treat the girl he has a crush on like a shrinking violet.
I hate to prove my own stupidity here, but what does that mean? I'm not familiar with the phrase "a shrinking violet" and just was wondering if it could be explained for the sake of the uneducated.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a flower that keeps getting smaller.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to edit my previous comment in the hope that this will be seen as helpful and not another shovel-full.

I would like to draw an analogy to when people get locked in an argument and lose perspective. Could it be possible to get locked into sympathy and lose perspective? (Edit: I think this was why T_Smith deleted the hug thread prior to this one)

There is a phenomenon in medicine called secondary gain, where someone stays sick because of the sympathy. It's not deliberate, but it is real.

And Raia, I have especial issues with college funding because it ended my father's second marriage. That woman wasn't my mother, but it was still hard on him. Parents take this as serious as children sometimes.

"Eruve, you may want to give your precious to your nephew. I think you're starting to turn."

[ December 03, 2003, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

For the record, it's against my religion to open the hug thread.

So, assume that any ignorance on my part in this is due to that.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, I've never been so tempted to join the JWs. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, wait, wait.

The hug thread got replaced with the vagina thread, didn't it?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.