FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Guess the Author Game II -- Round Four (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Guess the Author Game II -- Round Four
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but Imogen is a girl's name. Not my fault if people don't know that.
[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't tell me. [Wink] I knowed you was a gurl! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

That you did. But then, you're right about everything. President of the fan club, remember? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yipes! You don't ask me to live up to much, do you? [Angst] 'Sides, I think I've been wrong four times in this thread alone! [Wink]

I remember. [Smile] "I'm not only the president, I'm a member," hmm? [Big Grin]

[ December 08, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Actually, I do have a qualification. Right about everything except the elusive author (so far, at least).

(I thought I should make an effort to steer the thread back to its original course)

rivka
Member # 4859

Drat! And you post faster than I edit, too.
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
Weeell... Most people have guessed that this piece was written by a male author. Perhaps Imogen's recent thread on gender differences in writing styles was prompted by deeper issues than confusion due to androgynous user names.

Well.

Well?

Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
Who else wishes dkw would just tell us already?
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stumped. I give up...

Clues needed.

Or just give us the answer!!!

This is not good for my stress levels you know!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe in dkw's absence, we should just do the "yes" and "no" answering without her. I assume the person who wrote it knows who he or she is. If we guess right, would that person please let us know so we don't all get ulcers?

And Imogen was not correct; it is not my piece.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Who else wishes dkw would just tell us already?
*raises hand*

[ December 09, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry everyone, my computer is dead. I’m posting from a friend’s house, but I won’t be able to post the next round ’till I get my files back. (They’re being recovered and put into my new computer.) I backed up most stuff, but not the guess the author files.

So, I’m going to leave this round until I’m ready to post the next one. If anyone still wants to guess, great, otherwise I’ll bump it (and give the answer) when I get my new computer.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
So??????

I happen to know that dkw HAS her new computer.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that this might be a busy time of year for her. [Wink]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
All right, all right. By popular demand, I'll give you the solution.

It was me.

Thanks for the criticisms, everyone. [Smile]

P.S. I don't like anime, though I am young and male.

[ December 18, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw does NOT have her new computer. She picked it up this morning and then had to return it because the modem wasn't installed correctly. [Grumble] [Cry] [Grumble]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Oooh, evil! I had to have a tech person come put in a new modem when the one my 'puter was shipped with didn't work. Took some doing to convince the phone help-desk folks that it really didn't work.

I had to wait a whole extra week to use my brand-new puter! [Angst]

This was over 10 years ago, and I still remember the trauma. Hope you get a fully-functional (no Data jokes, please) puter soon, dkw!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.