FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Perfection is... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Perfection is...
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks fine, but I was wondering if you got the special tour.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I blame BrianM for being unabashedly on topic.

We hijacked this one. It's a done deal.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes. The special tour. And free papadoums.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I blame Annie for making me look up pompadoums.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"it might be fun to have a Hatrack Tabloid "
I checked it out pooka. Definitely not enough sensationalism. Look how low the readership was! Only 45 posts in how many months? That rag needs a new editor! You need to spice it up with some gossip, like the Leto II/Kama affair, Primal Curve tells all; an In Depth Interview with Hatrack Celebrity Ralphie on life, stardom, cheerleading, how she deals with the new Severe Hotties, and why Slash doesn't post as much anymore; toss in a human interest byline by Chris Bridges; editorial opinions by TomDavidson; the Annie/Hobbes creature's overly optimistic and loveydovey thoughts for the day (like a Horrorscope); Icarus as investigative reporter; Jeffrey Getzin as movie reviewer(currently on sabbatical from Hatrack); and many more, I'm sure...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

No way. Jeffrey Getzin is the fashion page.

saxon75 for movie reviews.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but the competing newspaper has Storm Saxon as its movie reviewer and i don't want to get them confused...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys have totally gone off topic.

Perfection is a sunset.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Eruve. www.dictionary.com "Hijack."

Don't make me spoon-feed you.

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I blame rivka, celia, HDD and Jon Boy for lifting me up just long enough to get a taste of the good life before cruelly casting me aside.

I don't blame Toni, but only because she mentioned me in this thread.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough* re-hijack *cough*

(((((Rhaegar))))) [Kiss]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Unless you have a link to a kickin' rad jpg or macro, I'm afraid your "re-hijack" is suspect, at best.

I blame Eruve for trying to get in the way of a perfectly good hijacking.

katharina
Member # 827

I blame Saxon75 for not giving the answers to the questions on the trivia quiz.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*throws self in the way of Ralphie's post*
[Razz]

(((((Rhaegar))))) [Kiss]

saxon75
Member # 4589

While you're at it, you might as well blame him for never adding new trivia items or dismember puzzles.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

It's really not a hijacking at this point. After three hijackings it's officially a runaway thread.

Edit: improper use of apostrophe. That'll be fifteen yards, and it's still third down. *blows whistle*

[ December 03, 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

katharina
Member # 827

I blame Pat for linking to Homestarrunner e-mails and not getting me a sound-proof computer area first.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Anyone who sacrifices banter for the sake of sentimentality deserves a beating.

Perfection is getting to beat the offenders.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, the only reason I'm in this thread is because of my jacket.

No bonus points for meeting T, T is a meeting whore, always there, no matter what... who cares if you met the T meister.... but did you see his brown jacket!?

Thats me... being slow... and on the phones... it was directed to saxon back to the one with the 4 links

[ December 03, 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

On a serious note, Annie and Hobbes are adorable in flirting because they interact with Hatrack in lots of ways that are meant for everybody (Cousin Hobbes threads, Christmas gift exchange).

I blame mack. Not sure why, just seems like the thing to do.

[ December 03, 2003, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I blame society, myself.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Anyone who beats sentimentality for the sake of banter deserves to be sacrificed.

Perfection is getting to offend the beaters.

saxon75
Member # 4589

Dude, what does your brown jacket have to do with me getting kicked to the curb like a 2-dollar hooker?

Or are you actually behind it all?

I knew it! Curse you and your betighted booblets, too!

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who beats up anything is A-Okay in my book. At least they're entertaining.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to point out that every time I see the word "sake" I pronounce it sah-kay now. And Eruve, what you do is use the Ralphie's own jpeg against her. Like this.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't know what the heck I'm talking about...

Just ignore me...

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

You must be one of those dumb jock redneck books! They love a good whuppin'.
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
every time I see the word "sake" I pronounce it sah-kay now
You know that's not correct, right?
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Perfection was that game with the little shapes and the ticking timer and if you don't get them in on time, Kablooey!
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

saxon: It isn't? How do you say it?
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know that's not correct, right?
Eh... They can still understand me.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

They? The People You Read the Internet To?
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

Yes. I have a group of people who gather around me to listen to the goings-on at Hatrack.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Tell them to get a life and create their own gosh darn screen names.

And then tell them that I am incredibly cool, and if they want to be cool too, they must be my groupies.

Be my groupies gosh darn it!

But don't kill me. And don't touch the jacket.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
How come I hear nothing for months (ei my eintire Hatrack life) about T's so called famous "brown jacket" and all of a sudden, today, it's everywhere!

Tell me about this brown jacket!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

It's brown. And it's a jacket. It's a brown jacket.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

It's a hatrack legend.

It's The Infamous Brown Jacket of T (copyright Feb 2003). It's a thing of hatrack legend.

In otherwords, just a way for me to get involved in a conversation and to hijack threads.

I'll write it up later when I'm not at work, if you want me to.

saxon75
Member # 4589

Please do, Nathan.

kat, it's "sah-keh," (the e makes the same sound as in "egg") not "sah-kay." There's no "ay" sound in Japanese.

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

what about ei? that's pretty close to "ay." like in eiga.
saxon75
Member # 4589

No, it isn't. The ei combination indicates a lengthening of the e sound, not a diphthong.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Perfection eh? Let's see...

Here's some
Some more
Yep
Indeed
And how can we forget this one?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a sec, how has the fact that JB and DD flirted in verse (in sonnets, for cryin' out loud!) NOT been more remarked upon? Y'all are just going to let that go?

saxon, are you asking for another tribute thread? Five was insufficient? Sheesh! Some people.

And knock it off with this "kicked to the curb" nonsense. Why, I'm sure I said something nice to you or about you this week!

Or was that last week?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shameless Self-Promotion
Member # 4919

- posted      Profile for Shameless Self-Promotion   Email Shameless Self-Promotion         Edit/Delete Post 
I blame Hatrack for not remarking on my sonnet flirtation.
Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Der Grammatikfuehrer
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Saxon, some Utahns pronounce "egg" as "ayg." It's really obnoxious.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

And some people pronounce "Pronounciation Nazi" as "Jon Boy."
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... that's interesting, Saxon. I've always pronounced it "suh-key".
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

It's "Pronunciation" Nazi, jacket boy, and we law abiding citizens support him 100 percent!
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
I've always pronounced it "suh-key".
No, see, that's how it tastes, not how it's pronounced.

rivka, I'm sure that at least one of us would have remembered if you did.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You shouldn't get all hurt just because you're one of those obnoxious Utahns, Nate.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Perfection is this song:

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
We burn up the city, we're really a fright,

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,

We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

Dig it.

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.