FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Now it's Simpsons' Road Rage under fire (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Now it's Simpsons' Road Rage under fire
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Doom made kids kill other kids too.

This boils down to motive, not surrounding things in the environment. That bird pooped on those kids BECAUSE IT PLAYED VIDEO GAMES! .. No, the bird needed to poop. There was something that made it seem like a good idea, and part of making it sound like a good idea was because they have no idea of what the consequences were. I blame parenting. (In most cases: Mind you there are always exceptions.)

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently nobody bothered to read the article.
quote:
one of the 14-year-olds, who told police that he was angry because his mother had taken away his X-Box...
"That's why we took it away. He was obsessed with playing video games," his mother said.

While "his favorite game was The Simpsons' Road Rage which depicts scenes of violence" is mentioned, blame is not assigned to the game by anyone other than posters on this thread.
Using your style of misreading stuff into the article, one could just as easily blame the misbehaviour on him being "a Boy Scout who always was volunteering to help his friends and family."

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Thread Title: "VIDEO GAME" UNDER FIRE
First Post: KIDS GUNS

My opinion to what was said from topic.

Not to mention I can't get to the article, and it points to something in 2003, and a search turns up nothing Try "simpsons road rage "x box " site:sltrib.com" on google. *This game is pretty old too.*

quote:
I'll just say what I said before, I don't think the makers of these games are trying to help kids.
is what I was really replying to.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Apparently nobody bothered to read the article.
Yah, apparently.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.