FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack MIA's (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack MIA's
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
As it has been observed before, I pop in about once every 3-6 months, post enough for three mortal men, then disappear again. I like it, it works for me. The problem is that I lose track of people.

Any body know what happened to ph? Did she change user names or something? And has Geoff stopped posting uder the Rat named Dog name? Or has he just been MIA altogether? And what about people I cant think of right now because Im at work and have mortgage rates fixed in my brain, difficult to dislodge.

gotta know where all the 'rackers are

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
pH has kind of drifted off. I seem to remember her posting, maybe sometime last summer, and saying that she was really busy.

Geoff is still posting fairly frequently, or at least he was not too long ago. I think he's using both his A Rat Named Dog and his Geoff Card signons.

Icarus has been posting under the name Megachirops for the past little while, partly because he's avoiding an upcoming landmark post #, and partly because he hasn't been feeling very Icarusey lately.

If someone's initials are "a" and "k", chances are they're Anne Kate. Ana kata is her latest, I think.

Let's see, who else...

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
ahhh...posting under a different name to avoid a landmark post. I remember those days fondly. [Smile]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
What's up with Belle?

And now that Jeffrey Getzin has sort of returned, can Bonduca be far behind?

And how come Tom Davidson never posts anymore. ( [Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
pH began dating Vin Diesel, whose publicity agent forbade her from posting at Hatrack until and unless she assumed anonymity through a new username. Her last known alias was "Anastasia," but she gave that one up rather quickly.

Geoff Card also is avoiding a landmark, so had returned to the "A Rat Named Dog" screenname. However, he has gotten married recently, and his wife's publicity agent similarly forbade his posting here. He was last seen posting as "Trogdor The Burninator." Posts you see now by "A Rat Named Dog" are being made by his sister Zina.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
you know, i heard Vin Diesel is a real life dork playing D&D and all that good stuff.

He's one of us!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, he's posting here as well. I've been told not to give out his screenname, but let's just say it rhymes with "Klaegar the Snool." Shhh....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Officially, Belle's busy living her life. I think there's probably more to it than that though, since her leaving coincided with her misunderstanding a post of Icarus's and getting really upset. If somebody knows more than I do and I'm completely wrong on this one, just let me know and I'll edit my post.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, I think the latter part is true (although more complex), but only as impetus. Belle hasn't even been on AIM for quite some time. [Frown] Unless she has another screenname I am not privy to?

She's really busy with one of those "life" things. I need to find out more about those . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] I had no idea A Rat named Dog was Geoff.....

<sigh>

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Us?

*Looks at Strider suspiciously*

Where's Jebus? His last post thread is getting too long. He needs to return at least long enough to start another one.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Posts you see now by "A Rat Named Dog" are being made by his sister Zina.

*laugh* Zina is a amazingly precocious! No surprise, really, though.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, this is Geoff, I swapped to this name for a while because people kept calling me Rat, when clearly my name is Dog. Come on people, Rat Named DOG.

At least people seem to get this name right.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
You're funny. Aurora.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Confused] I thought Geoff was member #6000?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to be...
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*pat pat* And on some level, you are.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where's Jebus?
Where is Jebus? And what about Tammy?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus303
Member # 2980

- posted      Profile for jebus303   Email jebus303         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's just say original jebus crossed me a few too many times...

So I killed him.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not here.
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] [No No]

Oh well. How are you?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Said about Vin Diesel...
quote:
Yes, he's posting here as well. I've been told not to give out his screenname, but let's just say it rhymes with "Klaegar the Snool." Shhh....
d00d! And he was totally macking on Eruve! Jailbait!

rivka wrote:
quote:
I thought Geoff was member #6000?
You mean Geoff is Trisha the Severe Hottie? So that means T_Smith is hot for Geoff? And Geoff agreed to go out with him? And Geoff has a kid? Wow, this is better than the Soap Opera Channel!

quote:
Let's just say original jebus crossed me a few too many times...

So I killed him.

But his last post thread will live on, and apparently always on the first page...

[ December 04, 2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I am most defenitly not Vin Diesel, Im a 15 year old freshman from central Indiana.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not dead, I'm just trying to get a doctor's degree in education.

Oh, wait...

Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Ok, Rhaegar. Keep up the charade. I got your back on it. (And we won't discuss who Eruve really is, because that would give everything away, now wouldn't it? I already threw them with the "last known alias" bit.)
quote:
You mean Geoff is Trisha the Severe Hottie? So that means T_Smith is hot for Geoff? And Geoff agreed to go out with him? And Geoff has a kid?
No, you gotta take it one step further. When rivka said Geoff, she meant Zina. The "having" a kid thing is code for being a kid. It allows her to reference things that only a nine-year-old or the parent of one would know.

T_Smith is hot for her, though. That part's correct.

--Pop

[ December 04, 2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
It allows her to reference things that only a nine-year-old or the parent of one would know.

Um, Pop, you say that as if there were a fair amount of overlap.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I know it works with two-year-olds. I couldn't sing the theme song to every cartoon on PBS, Disney, and Nickelodeon a couple years ago....
rivka
Member # 4859

*pat pat* You just keep thinking it'll always work that way.

Hmm. Maybe with boys it does.

I mean, I read many of her books -- like Redwall and the Artemis Fowl series. But she has a whole life separate from mine already. And she's not even a teenager yet [Angst] (although not for want of trying to act like one [Wink] ).

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
d00d! And he was totally macking on Eruve! Jailbait!

quote:
Ok, Rhaegar. Keep up the charade. I got your back on it. (And we won't discuss who Eruve really is, because that would give everything away, now wouldn't it? I already threw them with the "last known alias" bit.)
Why do people keep talking about me on threads I didn't even know existed? [Dont Know]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
This is some of the best gossip I have heard in a long time [Big Grin]

[ December 05, 2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey - what ever happened to flish?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Last I spoke to him (2 months ago?) he was busy with his new job and having a life.

Hmm, another person with one of those "life" thingies. Really must look into getting one of those.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Missing pH sorta annoys me :-P

Basically the last time I spoke to her was when she came to check out the city of boston, I hung out with her for an evening... and then BAM, gone... not even on AIM or MSN anymore.

If anyone has her email address at school, i'd really appreciate if they could email it to me... thanks.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
So what you're saying, Paul, is that YOU scared pH away from the rest of us? [Frown]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya'll got *me* confused. I think T knows who I am, but I'm not sure who else does. BannaOJ might, and possibly Celia60 (you'll always be 6000 in my heart) but I'm not really sure. I think there is one other who should know but since I can't remember who it was... I'm not sure it wasn't also me.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

ok trish, enlighten me.
Who art thou? Where art thou from? Where art thou going? Art thou truly female? Art thou truly a hottie of a severe nature? and most importantly, shoudst this be the case, art thou of age?

[Razz]

[Smile]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

strike that last question. twas a jest.

"...unless you gonna do it..."
-nelly 'hot in herre'

Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
All the Hatrack Hotties are already married, aren't they? It's why we are so attractive, as any frustrated single person will tell you.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
All the Hatrack Hotties are already married, aren't they?
No. Just the self-promoting ones. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
All the Hatrack Hotties are already married, aren't they?
Implying, of course, that all here who aren't married are also NOT hotties.... [Grumble]

[Dont Know]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Im gonna be goofy looking whether im married or not.

especially while ralphie has access to photo editing software.

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, hey! Some of us are hot and unattached!!! (strikes pose)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if it means anything to anybody. After a two and a half year hiatus, I'm back finally.

scottneb

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

welcome back scott.

and ryuko, i cant help but notice that you still havent gottena picture in the hatrack photo album. strike a pose and let us all see eh?

[Smile]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

So WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN for two and a half years, Scott??!!!!

((Hands on hips doing best angry mother look))

Farmgirl

Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

My bad! Though I think we agreed that Ralphie is more than Severely Hot(tm). And Farmgirl has that heartland hotness. Odoul, don't you have that alcohol-free hotness? Or am I confused?
odouls268
Member # 2145

I do tend to stand by my alcohol free status. as for me being a hottie; well, one glance at the hatrack photo album will put that one to rest. Just look at me being silly in the swimming pool. im a goof, tried and true.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Not a goof!

I definately would think you were a hottie (if I were 20 years younger...)

FG

odouls268
Member # 2145

oh bless you farmgirl.
[Big Grin]

As you wish.

Beith thou in the hatrack album?

odouls268
Member # 2145

I checked, aznd thou beist.

[Razz]

i should probably check thing for myself more often eh?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.