FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wow, I finally get it now! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wow, I finally get it now!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally understand what it takes to be cool, and it's all so simple.

1) State you are cool.
2) Get someone else to state you are cool to people who haven't heard you state you are cool.
3) State to the people that have heard you were cool, but haven't heard YOU say you were cool, that you are cool.
4) Start a fan club.

It's just that simple.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to me that you can skip steps 1 and 3 if you have enough 2 going on.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

It does no good having people think you might be cool, if you never throw it in their face, to reassure them that if they think otherwise, they are wrong. People need reassurance, Tom.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
T Smith is cool. Very.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
::pops up in her 'We heart T_Smith pariphanalia:: You DO have a fan club... right?
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom understands that if you're cool enough, you don't need to state it.

[ December 08, 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Exactly my point. Since when have I ever actually been cool?

This is just a nice fancy way to sidestep the whole actually being cool bit.

Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
T_Smith is Severely cool.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Actually, you're on the road. Being cool takes, more than anything, a large dollop of self-confidence and a knowledge of when to give attention and when to withhold it.

Worked out well, you can rule like the Doge.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool is overrated. I prefer to be quietly superior.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure I can jump right on the T_is_cool bandwagon. Somehow I feel a bit reticent. Now why would that be, I wonder....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Big Grin]

Exhibit A

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all about acting like everyone else should already know you're cool.

See, this is the secret to playing the 'Rack, as taught to me by the eminent example of Mistress Ralphie.

P.S. This also works for sexy.

[ December 08, 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
We could have a concert to raise money to pay for advertising that T is cool. We would call it Cool-Aid.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bono
Member # 5394

- posted      Profile for Bono   Email Bono         Edit/Delete Post 
Could we hold a benefit concert and sing In the Name of Love?
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Only the Thompson Twins version.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
*buys tickets*

Will Nate sign my brown jacket?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] That seems like an awful lot of effort to me. Is there any hope for us lazy people??
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Care about people individually, and act fully confident in yourself. The quiet, reverential worship will come.
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
pops, gee, no idea [Big Grin]

and this thread has disappointed me to no end. i assumed from the title that t'd finally gotten a girlfriend.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
T is so cool, he's HOT!

You forgot one rule though. You have to be known by one name or just an initial (like T). Or be known as "The _____" whatever your name is.

Like "The Bob."

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit busy with my own club right now, but I'll join yours sometime when I'm less busy, T.

Or I may just go wash my hair. Gotta love that "organic experience."

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Does getting a phone number and having her tell me that she was "Glad she caught me to give me her number" that that she "most definately wanted to do something sometime" count for anything, celia?
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Woo! Go T! [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
not till you actually manage to call her, thunder score. [Razz]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
1) State you are cool.
2) Get someone else to state you are cool to people who haven't heard you state you are cool.
3) ???
4) Profit

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Uh, no, it doesn't. You have to follow through, unless the point of gathering numbers is to brag about it on an internet forum. [Razz]
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Do you like apples?
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The quiet, reverential worship will come.
That form of worship is of no use to me.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...I think T is cool.

::whispers into Papa Moose's ear, "T is cool, pass it on!"::

[ December 08, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe my point has been proven.
Mephistopheles
Member # 3250

- posted      Profile for Mephistopheles           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Uh, no, it doesn't. You have to follow through, unless the point of gathering numbers is to brag about it on an internet forum.
You mean thats not the point, well so much for my vestige of a life. This actully calling people up sounds like a far to much work, boasting about it omline can be done without getting up.

[ December 08, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Mephistopheles ]

Posts: 110 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I think T's head has inflated to the size of Texas...
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Have I once stated in this thread that I was cool? Nope. It's been everyone else.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

You're not following your own four sstep program? O_o
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't have to in this thread, apparently.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

It's written across the seat of your pants, though, right?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't know. Wanna take a closer look for me?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I'm afraid I have to pass. Or, rather, I'm afraid you might have to.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to imagine T with writing on his butt, I think it would more likely say something like "This is my butt" than "I am cool."
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Darn, you know me too well.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

That's the only way those kinds of pants would be cool. That, or if they said CHEESE. Either one.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I think T_Smith is a dork, but that's just me.

Now me... I'm the coolest. Obviously.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*weakly* There's-- there's going to a be a picture, isn't there? [Angst]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god. I so want pants that say "This is my butt" on them. I don't think I could ever wear them, though.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

♪ You've got an ugly butt
And a stupid... butt.... ♫

<Just barely wishes he had registered the Strong Bad screenname first.>

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You just summed up my entire Hatrack experience.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Being Cool is much simpler than that:

One step: Visit Montana in January wearing shorts.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's not becoming cool. That's becoming an icicle! [Angst]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

quote:
That's becoming an icicle! [Angst]
I'm not gonna touch that one.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.