FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Four reasons I love George W. Bush (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Four reasons I love George W. Bush
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Four reasons I love George W. Bush.

1. His rippling pectorals
2. His dashing good looks.
3. His charming smile....
4. (melts)

[Wink]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone throw some numbers up, with sources, about what Bush has done for the military? I thought he gave them the largest military pay increase they've seen in a decade, but I don't know where I got the idea. Yet, I also have seen that he cut veterans' benefits in other posts, but no articles to back that up either...

Edit: How did Ryuko ever see W's pecs, hmmmm? Does Dubya have his own Lewinsky scandal brewing? [Wink] (j/k)

[ December 14, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Yeah, it's almost like that time he defended Air Force One from terrorists, isn't it?

My favorite Bush anecdote is when he went back to Vietnam to rescue those POWs with nothing but grit, a pocket knife and exploding arrows to see his mission through. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

quote:
Actually, that was a stated goal of Rumsfeld's; he sought to replace men on the ground with improved technology, thus reducing military cost. Due to the distraction of the war, he hasn't announced whether he's changed his mind or not.
My mistake. I did not mean that I thought Rummy didn't intend to decrease the number of personnel. Rather, I thought that the way in which he proposed decreasing, and what he proposed making up the loss of personnel, didn't result in a "large reduction of defensive power".

Basically, that with improved technology, a smaller number of soldiers could be capable of doing the same job, just as well, as a larger group of soldiers with inferior technology.

And no, I am not remotely proud of Dubya's AWOL record. I would not, in fact, have any problem with him being brought up on charges for desertion. Not now, but after his presidency.

Ain't gonna happen, of course.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Three reason why I love George W. Bush

1. We whipped ass in Afghanistan
2. We whipped ass in Iraq
3. We caught Saddam http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=news/saddam/captured

Pardon me while I point out how much I HATE when people talk about war like it's some sort of stupid sport like football or baseball. This is life we are talking about. Human lives being destroyed. I don't care for what cause, war should be treated with respect and used only as a last resort.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.