FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things that irrationally annoy you (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things that irrationally annoy you
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
*Waves flag*
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
People who didn't take advantage of this and start the new page, and enede up letting me the useless idiot or fool whichever you prefer to start this page.

People who are stupid enough to think Dean can beat Bush.

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
*Waves white flag*

Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn.

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned. -Futurama

That's a pretty good episode, too.

[ December 15, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Hell hath no fury like a machine gun barrage. <- George S. Patton

That was a pretty good general too.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Parodies of the 12 Days of Christmas
Now I'm glad I didn't do a LOTR 12 Days of Christmas parody...

Things that irritate me:

People that poke...poke... poke me when I'm trying to work. For no reason!

Teachers who try and trick students because they think it's funny to see students make mistakes.

People who make jokes that may or may not be jokes and I never know whether people are being serious or not.

People who have irrational and half-thought through beliefs or ideas.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Bad music/the radio. When I want it to be quiet, I want quiet.
2. Whistling. If it's off-key, it sends me into a murderous rage for no reason whatsoever.
3. Fidgeting, but only when it affects me in some way.
4. Avril Lavigne. AHGH.
5. Bad grammar/pronounciation.
6. Breaking things because I'm too lazy to clean.
7. Lately, my hallmates. There are just times when having any people around at all drives me up the wall.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
"Bad grammar/pronounciation"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*ahem* Excuse me. I know I'm a wicked person. The level of funny I see in the above only confirms this. I just...it...I... *gestures helplessly*

*howls of wild laughter*

[ December 15, 2003, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Lissande ]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes head* Becoming a self-righteous grammatician doesn't happen just by wishing, you know.

Lissande has worked for years for the rights to the title.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh.... ... I should have seen that.

Finals week has scrambled my brain. I don't deserve to edit that. It shall stand through the ages as a testament to how messed up finals makes us....

me ---> [Confused]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
*delurks*

People who misquote movies/plays/literature.

It's "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"!

People who eat anything loudly in an otherwise quiet room.

People who are discourteous because they are oblivious to anything other than their own concerns.

Women who wear too little clothing and then complain about how cold they are--PUT SOME DARN CLOTHES ON, YOU FOOL!

*relurks*

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I beg to differ. "Worked" implies effort expended. [Razz] I put in nowhere near the hours actual grammar obsessives/English language majors do. I just found a subtle 'o' in that particular item more than a little humorous. [Smile]

Do you think I'm self-righteous, katharina? I apologize. I do try to keep the snarky commentary down to manageable levels.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satan
Member # 529

- posted      Profile for Satan   Email Satan         Edit/Delete Post 
My idiot children trying to rebel. Don't they know that I already did the ultimate rebellion?
Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
The sound of people sniffing. Why can't they just go blow their nose! Preferably somewhere I can't hear that, either.
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People who make jokes that may or may not be jokes and I never know whether people are being serious or not.
Hahaha, I love when people do that. It's rather exciting. [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tullaan
Member # 5515

- posted      Profile for Tullaan   Email Tullaan         Edit/Delete Post 
People who try to turn every subject into a political discussion.

County singers/bands who "steal" songs from great non-country artists. Can't they just write there own dang songs?

Tullaan

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tullaan
Member # 5515

- posted      Profile for Tullaan   Email Tullaan         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought of another one!!

Doctors with poor penmanship. [Mad] [Mad]

I'm a pharmacist, I should know. [Grumble]

Tullaan

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Dihydrogen Monoxide. It's a killer! [Wink]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] the Funnyman! Bonus points! *applauds*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobbyK
Member # 5970

- posted      Profile for BobbyK   Email BobbyK         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The sound of people sniffing. Why can't they just go blow their nose! Preferably somewhere I can't hear that, either.
Yes, TTT. And worse. The sniff, clearance, and then lack of release. *cringe* My brother does that about 5 times a day *puke*

People who are crappy to waiters. Be nice. We choose your food, salad, and the utensils food and drink go into. [Wink]

People who, despite the lack of traffic behind me, turn right directly in front of me. Causing me to slow to 10 miles per hour and become even more late for work.

Christmas music; it should be restricted to no more than one week before Christmas. I heard "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" two days before Thanksgiving. Things are better appreciated in moderation.

Overheard in a chiropractor's office:
"I'm scared, I'm supposed to have my liscence renewed this year. I don't think I can pass."
I'm sorry, I love my elders. Truely, but this is not wisdom or good example. This is irresponsible. Get off the road!!

Viruses. Namely, the flu. 5 days [Grumble]

I will refrain from making this a landmark <censored>fest. More to come.

Posts: 213 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dirty public bathrooms.
port a potties
irratating stubborn conservative AND liberal types
politicians who wear plaid shirts as an attempt to look like the common man
the phrase common man, just what the hell is the common man? Some guy named earl who works as a mecanic and drinks beer after a long day of work? give me a break!
shows that appeal to the lowest common denominator
the masses in general
the fact that because of the masses i am stuck hearing crappy songs on the radio because the dumb companies think that people actually like such drivel
bad hollywood movies with cliches
irratating product placement in movies! pretty soon movies will be written by 20 executives!
bad movie versions of: comic books, video games, or anything that shouldn't be made into a movie!
smashmouth
hyper patriots who don't question things
irratating commercials
butchered x mas songs. ONLY Nat King Cole can sing the Christmas song and no one else!
angsty teenagers
teenagers with bad taste in music
seeing Michael Jackson's face! [Grumble] [Wall Bash]
People who think you are ignorant for disagreeing with all wars.
The way i am always so messy but I hate cleaning

[ December 16, 2003, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ignorant teachers!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh! Bonus points, eh? Cool!
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hahaha, I love when people do that. It's rather exciting.
Not when you almost always assume the wrong thing and its highly embaressing! [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Confused]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
The words "antics" and "wacky". Also, "hijinks".
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobbyK
Member # 5970

- posted      Profile for BobbyK   Email BobbyK         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid towns that don't show midnight runnings of RotK.

[Cry]

Posts: 213 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
e
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People who think you are ignorant for disagreeing with all wars.
quote:
butchered x mas songs. ONLY Nat King Cole can sing the Christmas song and no one else!
Synesthesia:
I don't think you're ignorant, but I think that disagreeing that some wars are a necessary evil is ignorant. Sorry. [Frown]

What about Bing Crosby's Christmas songs?

On thing that ticks me off to absolutely NO END is when people type "prolly" instead of probably here on the forums. That drives me absolutely nuts! I don't really know why. [Confused]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Whining children. A soon-to-be 10 year old, too. Or not. Depends on how bad the whining gets.

*Digs in drawer looking for masking tape, sees duct tape and slowly grins*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
*Digs in drawer looking for masking tape, sees duct tape and slowly grins*
My dad used to tease about duct tape when I was a child. He said,
"Nick, if you don't stop babbling, I'm going to put duct tape on your mouth!"
My response:
"What's duck tape? Is it some special tape for ducks? Why would use that on me?"
I didn't know it was duct tape until later.

[ January 01, 2004, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
3 inches of snow in Portland for the first time in a gazillion years that keeps me from going out shopping now that I've finally gotten PAID.

And the fact that the city is so wimpy that it owns maybe one (1) snowplow.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
3? I heard 6!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryn
Member # 2190

- posted      Profile for Eryn   Email Eryn         Edit/Delete Post 
sticking to things b/c its so hot
horny bastards
ignorance
prejudice
blind faith
people who always use like when they're talking
people who won't shut up
prude people
people who can't be both relaxed and serious
finding out someone ate the last ___ that i wanted
druggies
being blamed for stuff i didnt do
COLD people [Frown]

Posts: 183 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

People singing during songs that I like. I want to hear the artist sing it, not the fan! [Mad]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Pffft.

As long as they're singing in the same key signature, what does it matter????!!!!
[Razz]

[ January 06, 2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

IT RUINS THE SONG!!! [Wall Bash]
[Wink]

My sister can't sing on key, so when she sings a song I like to listen to, it drives me nuts!

I find myself intentionally playing songs that she doesn't know the words to.

[ January 06, 2004, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
People who use too much perfume. Cell phones in restaraunts and movie theaters. People who take little kids to see horror movies.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
People who say a long word and then chuckle like they're special.

Self-titled albums.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
chewing.

Dining with someone else is agony if they (and there is always something about it) chew with the clicking, the mashing, the mouthful-view of half-masticated foodstuff.

'tis disgusting.

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
People who don't signal before changing lanes/turning.

Long lines at the cash register.

Obnoxious behavior.

Vegetarians who say it is wrong to eat meat because it is cruel to kill animals, and of course animals are never cruel, we should be more like the animals. (And preditors are not cruel to the animals they tear open and eat alive?)

Hot pink.

French.

The 70s.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Pourquoi est-ce que tu trouves le français si penible?

[ March 07, 2004, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAARGH!!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
When there is a long line-up in the lane to go straight at a light, and someone cruises up the virtually empty left-turn lane to get to the front, puts on their right turn signal, and noses into the front of the straight lane.

And the people who let them in.

Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Mais qu'est-ce que tu baves?

*elle s'en va, en sifflant "La Marseillaise"*

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Women that "age" unnaturally (Nichole Kidman, that chick from Cheers, Cher, etc.)
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
women who sing U2 songs in my shower when the Strokes are blaring on the stereo.

oy vey!

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
People who only like half-read the thread topic, and consequently, for example, post things that are perfectly rational to be irked by in a thread that's dedicated to irrational annoyances.

Sample post:

Ohh! These things bug me pretty bad.

People who trample in my flower bed because I live on the corner
People who live upstairs and move furniture all night
The guy that blew up my last apartment
People who kill people
Osama bin Laden
Michael Moore

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mankind
Member # 2672

- posted      Profile for Mankind   Email Mankind         Edit/Delete Post 
docmagik
Posts: 75 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.