FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Should Bush play Ender in the movie if abortions are illegal with homosexual marriage (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Should Bush play Ender in the movie if abortions are illegal with homosexual marriage
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, we should be hitting two pages here pretty soon.

EDIT: We did it, we did it!!!
[Party]

[ December 16, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
whats your MOS? i might have asked that before, but im a complete idiot so..
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

I hope I get this right. I think MOS is Military Occupation Specialty right? I had someone else ask me that and I think that's what it is.

In the AF we have AFSCs or Air Force Specialty Codes, currently mine is 1C151 or Air Traffic Control Journeyman but am in the middle of retraining, hopefully, into 3V0X3 or Videography. That's what I'm currently doing.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

yeah. MOS is actually Army terminology. I think the Marines use it as well. In the navy they have Aschools and Rates.
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

So, the obvious question is, have you served?
We're still getting too serious so: [Hat]

odouls268
Member # 2145

Simple Answer: No. I have not served.

There's more to it than that, but its a long story.

scottneb
Member # 676

Wow odouls, looks like we cleaned the place out!

We had better start typing if you still want to make that hundred page mark.

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll keep posting if somebody gets nakey.

(that should be good for at least ten posts [Wink] )

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

<starts unbuttoning shirt and realizes he left his license at home>

DAH!!! [Wall Bash]

Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
<starts unbuttoning shirt and realizes he left his license at home>

DAH!!!

We need licenses to be naked, now?

Damn, someone arrest me.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Not until you put that away, you lawbreaker, you!
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, only the police get to have batons these days?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Ahh! How quickly threads change
odouls268
Member # 2145

it only takes a few buttons and somebody wiggling their baton
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is dirty. [Razz]
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

is not. youre dirty.

gutter head.
[Razz]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

It's sad that this type of thread always seems to degenerate into name-calling.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
::calls people names::

[Taunt] [Razz] [Taunt]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, well you're nothing but an atavistic curmudgeon.
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Riiiiight!

Now, on to our next peice of bussiness: odouls' parking spot. I don't think it neccesary to allow odouls to park a Meat Truck accross four spots. I plan to remedy this by giving odouls a front row parking space big enough to fit his truck. All those in favor...

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think odouls meat requires a truck, much less multiple parking spots.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Well, once i start posting the 'odouls naked on a beach' series of pics, we'll se about that.

Anybody got a feather boa I can borrow?

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
There's gonna be a SERIES? [Eek!]

::covers eyes:: [Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

of COURSE there's gonna be a series. You dont actually think that the entire dave-ness cant be captured in a single shot do you?!

There must be a wistful pose, a thoughtful pose, a 'looking into the future' pose, and of course, the ever popular 'flirty fairy'

[Razz]

pooka
Member # 5003

Wow, it's a good think we've had the centennial of the barf bag. (I know that barf bag centennial was a joke)
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

"Ouch baby. Very Ouch"
-Austin Powers, The Spy Who Shagged Me

scottneb
Member # 676

Hey, odouls, I'm starving for info about you. Where the heck do you live!

And no, I'm not out to stalk you. You're not on my list yet. [Cool]

odouls268
Member # 2145

scott, im an old hairy midget coward originally from NY.

I live in NC now, and have for many years.

I went to military school for high school, so thats how i originally got interested in military history and how i have an ok idea of terminology and such.

i HAVE been stalked before which is part of the reason I avoid putting too much personal info up here.

What else you wanna know about me though? I assure you, im not very interesting. Porce knows. Im like spaghetti with no sauce. Technically Im still there, but who's really fascinated by that?
[Razz]

odouls268
Member # 2145

::shameless, shameless bump::
pooka
Member # 5003

quote:
i HAVE been stalked before
Now there's a shocking news flash, for the nude on the beach flirty fairy. I'm not blaming the victim, I'm just being shocked. [Eek!] I assume you're a guy. I think I've seen these pictures. Likewise, I would expect to be stoned (be, not get) if I made that barf bag remark to a woman.
odouls268
Member # 2145

Yes pooka I am a guy. Fret not.
[Smile]

I do however love that you have just made one of the most blatant arguments that sexism is alive and well. It's just reversed.

I have noticed that it's ok to make mean but funny remarks about my physical appearance (eyebrows), weight, the size of my genitals, my sexual stamina, my ability to attract a mate, my general intelligence, my hearing, my habits with the television remote, and to make assumptions about my level of liking for sports and my intentions with women JUST because I am a guy. This is old news. I just never knew someone would accidently spell it out like that.

[Razz]

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess I had more of a written test in mind
How on Earth did this thread go two whole days without anyone pointing out how much more appropriate an oral exam would be?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
odouls -- I just suddenly realized that your post thread topic here covered all the major forum points (politics, Ender movie, abortion, homosexuality, etc) except RELIGION!!! How did you possibly miss that?

We think you should add the words "at church" to the end of the thread title.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Maxed out the number of allowable characters
odouls268
Member # 2145

But in case you were curious, what i was going for was "Should Bush play Ender in the movie if abortions are made illegal while homosexual marriages are made legal everywhere but Utah?"
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I have noticed that it's ok to make mean but funny remarks about my physical appearance ... JUST because I am a guy."

Well, it's also because you occasionally act like an arrogant jerk, which paints a big target on your forehead. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

I should qualify that statement: I have noticed that it is more acceptable to make 'playfully' mean remarks about a man's physical appearance than a woman's.

As far as me being an arrogant jerk..well..Im gonna poop in your shoes for that one.

tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have noticed that it is more acceptable to make 'playfully' mean remarks about a man's physical appearance than a woman's.
Yes.

Fair, isn't it. [Taunt]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

I love it. Men like to be playfully insulted by attractive women. Makes us feel loved. If you're paying attention to us at all, we're happy.

[Razz] [Wink] [Smile]

tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

Wait, you like when I hassle you about your eyebrows? Oh, rats. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.