FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ROTK Tontine, or, the Ticketless Commiserate

Author Topic: The ROTK Tontine, or, the Ticketless Commiserate
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
A Tontine is an oath by which a treasure goes to the last to die, or in this case the last to see ROTK.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobbyK
Member # 5970

- posted      Profile for BobbyK   Email BobbyK         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. I'm on my way to the theater to try and bribe some kids who dont have to work or go to school to buy me a ticket to the first showing. A dozen doughnuts and anything from the Red Lobster Lunch Menu seems a good trade. Oh, and I'll also get in line for seats when I get off work, so the ticketbearer may have good seating. Seem doable? Wish me luck. I may be out of the running quick.

[ December 17, 2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: BobbyK ]

Posts: 213 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
They sold advance tickets on the internet this year rather than making us wait in line all day in the freezing cold on main street. Jerks.

I didn't get any tickets. Instead of watching the movie tonight, I will be schmoozing at a finals wekk french party. Pauvre moi.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Movie Watcher lies, lies, lies.

I went to buy a ticket online for tomorrow evening, and did not give them an e-mail. The message when I clicked Purchase Tickets said the theatre was not accepting online purchases. I hit backspace, entered my junk e-mail address, and the purchase went through.

*sad* I hate it when institutions lie to me. That makes the leprachauns angry.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat: ::laughs:: Makes them very angry, yes.

I don't even have tickets. I'm going to wait until at least this weekend, maybe next weekend. Although all my friends have seen it (including Bernard) and have been making fun of me for not going to see it. Not my fault I had a job interview at nine!

[ December 17, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: MaydayDesiax ]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it already!!! [Razz]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no Tontine treasure for Ryuko, then. [Razz]

I probably won't see it until at least Saturday, maybe later. Maybe I can convince my brother to see it on the trip home, but that would mean coming home three or four hours later than we should have. And we couldn't mooch ticket money from our parents.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, I saw the 12:01 showing, and it was great! [Taunt]
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

:puts Rhaegar on the "naughty" list:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
I barely remember what happened...does that count?
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.

Next week is the soonest I'll get to see it. [Frown] It's ok though, cause I get to go with my family. We did the same thing with the other two as well. I had to wait until I got home from finals to go with them for those, and I had to do it again. I'm used to it...

I'm still excited though! [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

You know, I kind of wondered if Hatrack would get really, really slow tonight. I should have put on a bet. Let's get busy burying all the ROTK review threads just to be pests.
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
hee hee

I'm here because I'm an idiot and need to finish a project by friday.

Plus, if I wait until eight to work out in work's gym, I can watch The O.C.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobbyK
Member # 5970

- posted      Profile for BobbyK   Email BobbyK         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm out. Plan worked =)
Posts: 213 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. And I've got you all. JANUARY FIFTEENTH! How am I supposed to wait til January stinking 15th??? *wails of agony* And that's assuming we can actually get tickets for opening night. (Though come on, let's be honest - like I won't do whatever necessary to get tickets that night [Smile] ) So anyway. What's the treasure? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Are you in England or what?
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Prague. Tzadik and I are going to wait in whatever line we have to so we can see it opening night. And just to be clear, I will energetically and specifically hate each and every person who posts on a ROTK spoiler thread until I see it. [Smile]

edit: Tzadik - uh, that's cool with you, right? You KNOW you want to see it Thursday. *flutters eyelashes* [Big Grin]

[ December 18, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Lissande ]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Wow, Prague. My sister sent us Christmas gifts from there a couple of years back. Well I have my ticket, but something might happen to me between now and Monday afternoon...
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to do go to the marathon but because of my age my parents think its foolish. God I hate being 14. My friends and I plan to see it on Jan. 3...hopefully.

I hate being young.

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

*went Tuesday*
[Taunt]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I might as well join, because, though I want to see it as soon as possible, being a parent of little ones means it's anybody's guess when I will get to it. The impending visit of my inlaws only makes the outlook even dimmer. I might just win this thing.

(Remember the Minority Report thread? I think I finally saw that movie a month or two after it came out on video.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, I'm the same way. I think I saw all of 4 movies in the theater this entire year! (sorry, RotK was one of them, but that's not the point!) My problem is the lack of cash flow. As long as I'm a student, I'll be watching movies for the first time on DVD. *Sigh* There are worse things. [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Today was the first day since before Trilogy Tuesday I didn't see it. Does that count for anything?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I guess I lost the Tontine. I saw it today. HA HA!
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for Wenchcon, which is the weekend of the 17th.

Can I last? We'll see. [Wink]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

So, CT, did you succeed in saving it for WenchCon?
Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
::bares teeth and snaps::

Grrrrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
I still haven't seen it. Stupid vacation-stealing cluster migraines. [Mad]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure Noah/CalvinMaker hasn't seen it. He gave up his ticket and saw Lost in Translation instead.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
pooka, I missed it when I missed WenchCon. I have to go this weekend.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.