FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alas! Now I am Lost!

Author Topic: Alas! Now I am Lost!
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Once I've seen an actor (and recognized him or her) in a role, they get pretty fixed in that role in my mind, if it's at all memorable. So Sam Beckett is the captain of the Enterprise, Lara Croft was half of some movie called Girl Interrupted, and just a few nights ago I saw Captain Picard face off with the ghost of Jacob Marley.

I didn't have this problem with Lord of the Rings, though I couldn't help thinking of the elves as Vulcan. But some loser brought to my attention that Elrond and Agent Smith are played by the same guy, and now it's "Mr. Anderson" this and "Mr. Anderson" that. "Your fiancee is ill from Sauron's power, Mr. Anderson." "You must walk the Paths of the Dead, Mr. Anderson."

AUUUGGHH!!!

I'm gonna have to kill the guy who started that thread about what to do at Return of the King.

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that guy is a girl.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I see Enterprise, I always think of Bakula's character in Quantam Leap right away.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Koga. I was only paying attention to the text, not the person who posted, and it's been several days since I read it.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
All I can advise you, Maccabeus, is don't for any reason whatsoever think about seeing Priscilla Queen of the Desert

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Mac to a point..

My kids and I did a home "marathon" of the first two movies (extended edition) this week in preparation for seeing the third. And yes, we ended his sentences with "Mr. Anderson" when he was on screen (outloud! after all, this is the family living room) and shouted "Run, Forrest, Run!" when the Ents were marching to war.

None of that would have been possible (or even CONSIDERED) except for having read that thread....
[ROFL]

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob [ROFL] I so love this movie ! But I can abstract when I see Hugo Weaver in another movie, hopefully.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a guy friend who rolls his 'r's the way Weaving does as Elrond whenever he watches the Matrix trilogy. It's absolutely hysterical.

"Mrrrrrr. Annnnderrrrrrson...."

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread amuses me.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
A true Tolkein freak would say,

"About....that....Ring, Mrrrrr. Underrrrrhill..."

And, I'm afraid I'm going to have to punish Farmgirl for that "Run, Forrest, Run." remark.

But, then again, while I was watching T^3 with my kids, during that emotional scene between Sam and Frodo at the end as they walk through the woods...Frodo turns teary-eyed towards Sam, and says..."Kiss me, Sam!" Ruins a perfectly good movie, every time!

I've always thought that alongside the foreign language tracks available on most DVD's, they should also have a "Mystery Science Theater 3000" track, complete with black silhouettes of movie theater seats and our three insipid heroes.

[ December 19, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: ssywak ]

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's a brilliant idea, but it's always more fun to MST it yourself, I find.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
The commentary track for Ghostbusters features Ramis, Reitman, and one other guy (I can't rmemeber who) silhouetted MST3K style as they deliver often humours commentary on the movie. I thought it was a nice touch.
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
T, we have that DVD and actually a bunch of jatraqueros have watched some of that commentary in MY family room. We laughed a LOT. [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I was there! It was hilarious! Thanks for enriching a cultural experience for me, Narnia! (((Narnia))) [Cool]

The downside of that is that now I have become a materialist and I'm off to buy a DVD player. [Frown]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
We like to call the guy "Priscilla, the Matrix Elf".

"Young hearts, run free...!" ;-)

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Some thoughts...

In Priscilla, he was not quite a man.
In Matrix, he was not quite an agent.
In Lotr, he is not quite an elf (he is a half-elf).

Interesting, huh? It seems Hugo (it's his name)plays a lot of borderline characters :-)

(P.S. This post isn't intended to mock homossexuals, Matrix agents nor elves or half-elves in any way)

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.