FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What did you get for Christmas? (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What did you get for Christmas?
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
You were up by 9???????

Nah, gotta wait til about noon so I can sleep [Wink]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I verbalized that I wanted was a DDR Pad for PS2. I've decided to learn how to do those crazy things. I expect, since it was the only thing I asked anyone for, I'll more than likely get it.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Up by nine? Heck, we were up by five! What kid doesn't get up that early on Christmas morning? Then my parents would get up around seven, and then we'd eat breakfast. But now that I'm older, sleepier, and less excited about toys, it's not so agonizing to wait that long.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I'm with ya on that Jon. Always 5 AM. Parents would say "If you get up before 6:00, we'll take your presents back." But we still got up at 5.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

We could get the stuff out of our stockings when we got up. Of course, it was all candy, so then we even more wound-up. Ah, the memories.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Santa always put an orange in our stockings with other various anti-candies, like mini-cereal boxes. Stupid health nut Santa.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
We always get oranges too. [Smile]

I also got a dollar in the mail today. [Big Grin] Thanks Novak. You're little note was the best.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

It's Abby-something, right?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*scratches head*

We usually got socks and underwear and scratch tickets in our stockings. [Confused]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

No oranges for us. Only chocolate oranges. And Hershey's Kisses, and candy canes, and gum, and Life Savers . . . yeah. Lots of candy. It's like my parents were just asking for anxious, hyper kids.
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
5 AM was our early limit. I get the impression the presents were sometimes not out and assembled until 3 AM or later. One time when I was very young I woke and heard the song "Summer Rain" playing VERY late at night on Christmas Eve. [Smile] I got a little portable record player that Christmas, and the single "Summer Rain" along with it. I can hear that now, "Everybody kept on playing Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" <laughs> Why is it so fun remembering stuff like that?

In eighth grade I was sick all Christmas holiday, and so I had to stay home when the rest of the family went out to parties and to look at the "cutes" (what we called the decorations all over town). To make up for that some, Mama let me open one of my presents early, and I chose the album which turned out to be Carole King's Tapestry. We played that album continually that whole Christmas season. The songs from that album still remind me of Christmas. [Smile]

Funny how the things you remember and cherish were never particularly exciting things, or big red-letter days. They were just the ordinary events of your life. Odd to think that these very events now today are the same stuff. Being alive is so weird. [Smile]

[ December 24, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an IPOD! [Big Grin] My husband rocks! [The Wave]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a huge box sitting on my parent's bedroom floor that has my name on it. I didn't ask for anything big and I cannot think what it could be! [Confused]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Coal?
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, blacwolve, I know what you mean. There's a not huge, but still big, box under our tree for me. It even says not to punch through a certain area. It just looks empty under that section of wrapping paper. Ah, the mystery of presents. [Smile]
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I think all I'm getting is money to spend on myself on Friday. Especially since I have my heart set on finding a red Milla Jovovich Resident Evil dress.

We'll see tomorrow, though.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It was all pretty nice until I got down to the last few presents... Then it became wonderful..

My parents got me a new black belt with my name embroidered on it and framed my proof-of-rank certificate. I'm so happy. ^_^ I'm going to hang the certificate in my room.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh - esl - maybe it's a guitar!

We can traditionally open one gift on Christmas Eve, but for some strange reason it always ends up being pajamas.

I have an inkling that my 4-year-old brother will be up really early tomorrow, but I get the joy of helping my Mom be Santa [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

(T, it's Laura. [Smile] Abrynne is her screen name.)
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
T sent cash through the mail?

[No No]

::notifies authorities::

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be more detailed later, but for now, here's a picture of me with my cousin Lauren (attempting to give my bunny ears [Smile] ) and my incredibly cool present from Annie. Isn't she great! I Love it. [Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
From my parents:
The Complete Far Side
Bicycling the Rockies (a small guide to multi day trips starting in or going through the Rockies)
Mason and Dixon (A Thomas Pynchon novel about the surveying of the Mason Dixon line)
Gravity’s Rainbow (Another Pynchon book)
Why Things Break (A book of engineering, discussing… why things break [Wink] )
2003 Tour de France (Two DVDs with 4 hours of footage from the Tour)
Mr. Death (A movie by Errol Morris, I suggest you look into it [Smile] )
2004 Far Side Calendar
A rather funny warm hat [Cool]
A CD player (my old one has been broken since my Portland trip)
A Bike computer (tells how fast your going, how long you’ve gone, average speed and probably a whole bunch more)

From my Grandfather:
Java How to Program (A really good text book like thing explaining Java)
Tricks of the Window’s game programming guru’s
Raising Arizona
Criterion Collection Brazil

From my Aunt:
The Python’s Autobiography (A huge illustrated book detailing the life of Monty Python)
The soundtrack to Brazil
C’etait un Rendezvous (An interesting 10 minute film from the 70s, the director took a sports car and made it across Paris in the length of the film by breaking all the laws (including stopping at red lights)

From my Uncle and Aunt:
A calendar of Colorado
A whole bunch of candy

From my sister:
The Court Jester

From my beloved Annie:
A supper cool backpack water storage (it’s like camelback but a different brand, picture)

A very good Christmas [Smile] [EDIT: And I don't just mean because of the quality gifts, mostly I mean this]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ December 25, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefly DVDs, Firefly DVDs! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww! What a perfect Christmas!

Santa brought me some new blue jeans (yay!) and some shiny necklacey things... my little sister got me a sketchbook that's so pretty I'm afraid to draw in it. My uncle got me a jump drive - which I've needed all semester!
Best of all, my Hobbesy sent me three perfect gifts - a Calvin & Hobbes book [Smile] , One of the only two chick movies I've never seen - About a Boy - and a Frank Sinatra CD! Perfect, perfect, perfect.

And now it's finally snowing after a week of nothing better than frost! Hooray!

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a good Christmas.

We started off will hot gooey cinnamon buns.

I got a pair of dragon statues, and a little nativity set. I love nativity sets.

A Chinese cookbook. Oh, yummy... Mmm....

Lord of the Rings Monopoly. Yes, I am a geek.

A telescope. This is very very exciting. It's great. It's just an amateur one, not very high-tech, but it's not bad. I love it.

And I got my centenary Lord of the Rings omnibus. I have been looking for this exact edition for six years... My precioussssss.....

But I think the award for most amusing present goes to my three sisters. They got me a teapot with a built in strainer for loose leaf tea. And three kinds of teas to go with it: Arctic Raspberry, Monk's Blend, and Iron Goddess of Mercy Oolong. Yes, Iron Goddess of Mercy. I love it.

Merry Christmas, Hatrack!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
The best gift this year was just being able to enjoy Christmas -- I spent the last three or so sick in bed.

Everyone was stuck with what to get me, I think, because I ended up with a lot more gift cards and money than usual. I love the gift cards, though, they're from Borders, Blockbuster, and Citgo. And money always helps.

I also got a flannel sheet set, a fleece throw blanket (I have a very cold bedroom), an ROTK visual companion book, the first season of West Wing on DVD, and something else that for the life of me I can't remember.

But the day's not over yet. [Wink]
------
Edit: Gift time's over, and I got to add a Barnes & Noble gift card, Godiva Chocolates, and some scented lotion stuff to my list.

Merry Christmas, folks. [Smile]

[ December 25, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Family and family friends:
A camera at last
CD/MP3/Radio player
'Water' scented lotion and perfume
Scrabble
Pirates of the Caribbean
Doc Martins

Friends:
TTT EE (my bf is so cool [Big Grin] )
Aragorn poster that nows hang right next to my computer
Fairy Stationary, can't ever run out of stationary!
At least 50$ in cash

My dad wasn't here [Frown] . Christmas could've been better.

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
The entire Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister series on DVD [Big Grin]
Ender's Game, finally. (I have no money- I've been waiting for years)
A rare second-hand Blake's Seven companion.
After Eight Mints (Yum!)

And more that I can't remember!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Our family got a DVD player for Christmas! [Big Grin] We now have the best movies ever on DVD: LotR, PotC, and the Princess Bride! [Big Grin]

And we got LotR Risk! We've been asking for it for it for a couple of years! [Smile]

And I was totally shocked when I got a camcorder! I asked for it, but I really didn't expect to get it! [Smile] I'm so excited! I have to wait until the battery finishes charging, though. [Frown]

(I think my brother's favorite present was a whoopie cusion from the dollar store. [Roll Eyes] )

[ December 25, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I got the beautiful red leather-bound LotR and a matching green Hobbit to go with it. Those will look lovely on my bookshelf. I also got the complete works of Shakespeare in 10 little volumes in this fantastic box. So cute!! And Nicholas Nickleby on DVD. I got a set of scriptures too, which is something that I actually needed. (as you can all see, books make me happy.) [Smile]

Oh, and lovely Annie got me the Space Trilogy by CS Lewis (yeehaw!!!) (which I opened early [Blushing] ) and Speed of course got me "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on DVD. [Big Grin] I had a nice nice Christmas.

Love you guys. Have a great day and a great holiday week for those that aren't celebrating Christmas.

[ December 25, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I got some clothes from Structure, Pirates of the Caribbean DVD, and a book called Watership Down. Anybody ever heard of it? Oh yeah at a watch.

Needless to say, I have recieved the most gifts I ever got for Christmas. [Big Grin]

Oh yeah, and I also got a 120 gigabyte 7200 rpm Western Digital hard drive. [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
My hubby let me open my Ipod last night so it would be charging and I could play with it today, but he didn't let me open the rest until this morning. He knows besides being an OSC freak I am also a Dune freak and he got me a replica of a Chrysknife! It is so cool! I am definitely going as a Rev. Mother this Halloween! [Big Grin] (Yes, I know we're weird, but we like it! [Taunt] )
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the Chronicles of Narnia boxed set from my coworker (and New Best Friend! ) Robin.

Yay!

More importantly, I didn't screw up the Prime Rib Roast, and my boys (hubby and son) and I had dinner by candlelight, At The Table, Not Watching Television, and Talking to Each Other. Oh, and Christopher (son) had made one of the candles in school, so it was extra special.

I also got an mp3 player (not an IPod, but still pretty durned cool *grin*) from my husband. He totally paid attention this year. I'm so proud of him, and so very very happy with my present! What a guy. *happy sigh*

It was an excellent Christmas at the jexx family house. Even the dogs got presents (pig ears--yukko!).

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My Christmas got cancelled.

So I went and kidnapped a friend and got Chinese take-out and watched Must See TV. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Oh yeah.

OUTSIDE of christmas, I got some interesting things. Jexx sent me packets of chai, a homie, and her son CR sent me a photo keychain of himself. [Smile]

My supervisor gave me a twelve pack of Diet Mountain Dew and two giant chocolate bars.

Kwsni got me the photographer's handbook.

One of my clients gave me SIX HOMIES! [Big Grin]

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the coolest painting-art-framed thing in existence. I'm not sure what to call it, but it's this lovely scene depicting the Parable of Jesus and the Three Pigs. It's wonderful.

And, Oh, Narnia, I am SOOO jealous! those are beautiful books....

[ December 25, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

mack, you know that boy loves you. I can't imagine why, you totally mess with his head. *grin*

kwsni is a terrific friend.

May you receive many homies in the new year. Homies for *all* the hatrackians!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Of all the photographs I have in my apartment, CR's is the ONLY one on my fridge. [Smile]

And crap, I need to send him his bug pills!

Should I wrap them?

jexx
Member # 3450

*grin*

Oh, I wouldn't bother wrapping them unless you want to. He had a Very Full Christmas, and won't whine if the bug pills are not 'presents'. He just loves getting mail from 'Miss Jamie'.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and a book called Watership Down. Anybody ever heard of it?
Oh pick me!
Yes I've heard of it, and read it (like in 6th grade I think...) it's a cute story about these rabbits who have to move and... just read it. It's good.

Lets see, I got:
A digital camera!! I asked for it but I didn't think I'd get it
A guide book on colleges... can you say overwhelming?
Subscription to National Geographic
A nice smelling candle
A LotR daily picture calender
and some other stuff...
quote:
I love the gift cards, though, they're from Borders, Blockbuster, and Citgo.
Oh man! I wish I'd gotten some of those, I asked for a gas card and Borders card but I guess the camera cost quite a bit...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Dragon. One college. Saint Anselm College. [Wink]
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a beautiful leather wallet and a watch from my mother. My brother's sending GTA: Vice City from Italy, and my father got me a CD of a favorite mariachi band.

My friends offered to buy me a beer.

Life is good.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna, is that the story where Jesus scares Satan out of some possessed people into some pigs, then chases them into a lake to drown them?

It's a story that's always warmed my heart...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see here

Jeans
Socks
Underwear. now so far this doesn't seem very impressive, but considering how much I needed the above, I considered it a blessing. [Razz]

Anyway, continuing on

Family Guy seasons 1&2 on DVD
A Family Guy T-Shirt(it has Chris eating a twinky and saying 'Ha, ha, I'm turnin' you into poo!'
A new telescope eye-piece
Unfinished Tales or Numenor and Middle Earth by J.R.R Tolkien

My brother also got me Seventh Son, but didn't know I had already read it and owned the entire Alvin Maker series. Points for the thought though. [Big Grin]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Lalo, no, I suspect not...I have a sneaking suspicion that this parable is an invention of my uncles mind. But god, it is a brilliant work of art. And my uncle was silly enough to think I wouldn't LIKE it

[ December 25, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
My lovely, lovely boyfriend got me "While I Live" by John Marsden (the 8th book in the Tomorrow When the War Began series - well, technically it's the first book in the next series but anyway). The series is my favourite ever, but I didn't even know there was another one coming, let alone that it was out. And my non-reading (mostly) bf got it for me. [Hail] [Kiss] And chocolates! [Big Grin]

My parents got me a really pretty watch and a set of knives, shiny sharp knives... mmm, knives. Hehe. [Razz] I've never been able to find a watch that I liked or that suited me, but this one is really nice! Man, everyone's been so clever this Christmas!

One of my sisters got me a cool pink t-shirt that says "Despising you makes me all warm & fuzzy inside". ::giggles:: I'm not evil, really I'm not. [Wink]

My other two sisters and brother got me hackey sacks (yay!) and bath & body stuff (mmmm) and Santa brought me cool stuff including a sarong which is really comfy and looks good too! [Smile]

The best bit about Christmas was that we spent it on the East Coast where we used to live, in one of the most beautiful and one of my most favourite places in the world, with my family who are AWESOME and I love them incredibly much, and with friends who are so close they may as well be family. [Big Grin]

Yeah, Christmas was good. And I am so lucky. [Cool]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

off topic:

We've been watching TTT-EE that my sister got for Christmas and laughing our heads off at the behind the scenes actor interviews. This is why we're up so late. [Smile] Tons of fun!!

ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
... and a book called Watership Down. Anybody ever heard of it?
Nick, I want to second the enthusiastic recommendation for Watership Down. It's a wonderful book. I just read it for the first time a few years ago and I enjoyed it hugely and went on to read his other stuff. This is not a kids' book, really. It's just a very good novel whose protagonists happen to be rabbits.

I cleaned up for Christmas! I must have been good or something! No kidding!

Santa brought me two books about the Civil Rights Movement, some new underwear of my favorite type (doesn't new underwear make you feel great?), a cool set of six colorful nesting mixing bowls, and these nifty fluorescent bulbs that go in regular lighting fixtures (save energy and hardly ever burn out).

My mom got me a vacuum cleaner and $50. I think maybe she's worried that I don't keep her house as clean as it should be. [Smile] (I bought her house from her last year.)

My sister and brother-in-law and two nieces gave me the best present of all, which is that their family hosted the Christmas dinner and festivities at their house as they always do, and it was wonderful! We had such a great time! In addition to that they got me some great fluffy nice white towels from Coming Home, a place setting of Spode Christmas Tree china (it's so beautiful), a book about fixing things around the home with a picture of Rosie the Riveter on the front, a pretty necklace with a moon and a star and a sun dangling from it, and a card from Barnes & Noble that has no denomination shown anywhere.

My sister-in-law and brother and other niece got me lots of wonderful clothes: three soft turtlenecks and some stretchy pants and two overshirts for wearing over the turtlenecks, and best of all these shoes I love, soft leather with elastic criss crossing the top a little like ballet shoes but cuter. They also got me two Harry Potter poster books, a pretty photo album, and a desk calander appointment book.

My brother's girlfriend and my brother got me some coffee mugs with cats depicted thereon, a video of Chopin playing behind some nice landscape pictures, some earrings, a cute christmas ornament of a schoolhouse, and a book of recipes for making scented stuff like potpourri, scented candles, herbal teas, and stuff like that.

As I said, I really cleaned up! What a great Christmas this was!

[ December 26, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
My b/f gave me a silver necklace and matching bracelet that he'd bought in Guadalajara.

I also got some DVDs, a few shirts, a candle and a mini-stereo w/ turntable.

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I got..uh...money, a Sonicare toothbrush, some soaps...my best friend gave me a set of Simpsons shot glasses....

Oh, and a bunch of stuff for my new dorm room. Mwaha. Black velvet blankety things and red sheets and possibly some more stuff...

-pH

[ December 26, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: pH ]

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.