FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What did you get for Christmas? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What did you get for Christmas?
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Lalo, no, I suspect not...I have a sneaking suspicion that this parable is an invention of my uncles mind. But god, it is a brilliant work of art. And my uncle was silly enough to think I wouldn't LIKE it

[ December 25, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
My lovely, lovely boyfriend got me "While I Live" by John Marsden (the 8th book in the Tomorrow When the War Began series - well, technically it's the first book in the next series but anyway). The series is my favourite ever, but I didn't even know there was another one coming, let alone that it was out. And my non-reading (mostly) bf got it for me. [Hail] [Kiss] And chocolates! [Big Grin]

My parents got me a really pretty watch and a set of knives, shiny sharp knives... mmm, knives. Hehe. [Razz] I've never been able to find a watch that I liked or that suited me, but this one is really nice! Man, everyone's been so clever this Christmas!

One of my sisters got me a cool pink t-shirt that says "Despising you makes me all warm & fuzzy inside". ::giggles:: I'm not evil, really I'm not. [Wink]

My other two sisters and brother got me hackey sacks (yay!) and bath & body stuff (mmmm) and Santa brought me cool stuff including a sarong which is really comfy and looks good too! [Smile]

The best bit about Christmas was that we spent it on the East Coast where we used to live, in one of the most beautiful and one of my most favourite places in the world, with my family who are AWESOME and I love them incredibly much, and with friends who are so close they may as well be family. [Big Grin]

Yeah, Christmas was good. And I am so lucky. [Cool]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
off topic:

We've been watching TTT-EE that my sister got for Christmas and laughing our heads off at the behind the scenes actor interviews. This is why we're up so late. [Smile] Tons of fun!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
... and a book called Watership Down. Anybody ever heard of it?
Nick, I want to second the enthusiastic recommendation for Watership Down. It's a wonderful book. I just read it for the first time a few years ago and I enjoyed it hugely and went on to read his other stuff. This is not a kids' book, really. It's just a very good novel whose protagonists happen to be rabbits.

I cleaned up for Christmas! I must have been good or something! No kidding!

Santa brought me two books about the Civil Rights Movement, some new underwear of my favorite type (doesn't new underwear make you feel great?), a cool set of six colorful nesting mixing bowls, and these nifty fluorescent bulbs that go in regular lighting fixtures (save energy and hardly ever burn out).

My mom got me a vacuum cleaner and $50. I think maybe she's worried that I don't keep her house as clean as it should be. [Smile] (I bought her house from her last year.)

My sister and brother-in-law and two nieces gave me the best present of all, which is that their family hosted the Christmas dinner and festivities at their house as they always do, and it was wonderful! We had such a great time! In addition to that they got me some great fluffy nice white towels from Coming Home, a place setting of Spode Christmas Tree china (it's so beautiful), a book about fixing things around the home with a picture of Rosie the Riveter on the front, a pretty necklace with a moon and a star and a sun dangling from it, and a card from Barnes & Noble that has no denomination shown anywhere.

My sister-in-law and brother and other niece got me lots of wonderful clothes: three soft turtlenecks and some stretchy pants and two overshirts for wearing over the turtlenecks, and best of all these shoes I love, soft leather with elastic criss crossing the top a little like ballet shoes but cuter. They also got me two Harry Potter poster books, a pretty photo album, and a desk calander appointment book.

My brother's girlfriend and my brother got me some coffee mugs with cats depicted thereon, a video of Chopin playing behind some nice landscape pictures, some earrings, a cute christmas ornament of a schoolhouse, and a book of recipes for making scented stuff like potpourri, scented candles, herbal teas, and stuff like that.

As I said, I really cleaned up! What a great Christmas this was!

[ December 26, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
My b/f gave me a silver necklace and matching bracelet that he'd bought in Guadalajara.

I also got some DVDs, a few shirts, a candle and a mini-stereo w/ turntable.

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I got..uh...money, a Sonicare toothbrush, some soaps...my best friend gave me a set of Simpsons shot glasses....

Oh, and a bunch of stuff for my new dorm room. Mwaha. Black velvet blankety things and red sheets and possibly some more stuff...

-pH

[ December 26, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: pH ]

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.