FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Homemade Soup + WA State Get-Together? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Homemade Soup + WA State Get-Together?
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Weeellll - we could just eat chips until you arrive, my dear . . . [Big Grin]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I love you guys for wanting me to go. Take many pictures and I'll rely on JonnyNSB to bottle the essence of the homemade soup for me.

*Tee-hee*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Gasp! Who has one of those funky cameras that you can put on the PC right away? Gasp!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Consider a digital camera and Enguin as part of my luggage and call me Bernard the Mobile Media Centre (note the centre to be arte-istic). [Big Grin]
Satyagraha

[ January 03, 2004, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Phew!

*Deep sigh of relief*

[Big Grin]

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Great news! Dad just gave me his digital video camera!!!! Now you can call me the Mobile Multi-Media Centre!

So...when we meeting? [Big Grin]
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan, thanks for the email...I can't make it. I have to go to Denver again next week. So this weekend will be full of preparing my family for me being gone for a week.

Have a great time, and take lots of pictures!

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Well shucks! Have a safe trip, jeni!

Bernard - around 1:30 p.m.? Sound good? Unless you want to come earlier and help tutor third graders . . . [Big Grin]

1:30 work for you, JNSB?

Anyone else?

Homemade soup . . . the best possible homemade soup in the whole world . . . a fun almost 10-year old, lots of board games, a pretty kitty, good tunes . . . and picture-taking! None of which holds a candle to the company! A chance to prove yourself real! Come on - don't be shy!!!!

[The Wave]

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Awesomeness, how are the roads looking? They're starting to scare me...if they stay completely frozen....I may not even get up to Seattle till Sunday...they're starting to thaw out right now...hopefully the weather will warm up.
Satyagraha

Shan
Member # 4550

They're fine. Just remember your snorkel since everything is melting and flooding now. [Big Grin]
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Squee! leaving in 20 minutes. Lets see...digital video recorder, digital camera, laptop...Bernard...Keys...phone...directions...am I missing anything? Clothes!!!! :: puts on clothes :: check...anything else?
Satyagraha

Shan
Member # 4550

Phew! Clothes are very important!

See you soon!

I'm putting the chicken in to bake right now!

(Nummy, fresh homemade soup . . . this afternoon . . . [Smile] )

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

I'll be a smidgen late because I'm just about to leave in a few minutes...but I'll try not to be too late...though....I don't want to go too fast either. See you in a bit!
Satyagraha

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Ah! That was awesomeness!!!!
Well then, I drove down to Shan's house...after leaving an hour later than I thought I would...the first part of the drive was rather uneventful...though once I got off I-5 I was completely lost...I spent the better part of an hour trying to find her house (I hate suburbia), but once I found it, it was awesomeness from then on! It was Shan, her son, two of her friends, and me, sitting around and drinking tea (mmmm....tea), and then dinner. Dear Goodness!!!! That was some awesome soup! I was torn between being full and wanting more. Post-soup, we had a few rounds of Uno (vicious they were), and then two games of Spoons....a most harrowing card game, I'll tell you! After that, I had to leave, and the drive back was rather foggy but good, especially with awesome soup in me...mmmmmmmmm and... No bones! :: glomps Shan again ::
T'ANK 'OU!!!!!!
Satyagraha

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Sounds like you had a great time! I'm sorry I couldn't make it! Stupid car alarm... [Grumble] I didn't get to meet Shan or Bernard and I didn't get to bottle the essence of the soup for Narnia! [Cry]
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

The company was divine! I was so glad that Bernard could make it and meet a couple of my "real-time" friends, Doug and Laura. Jon, we were all sorry not to meet you! I'll second the stupid car alarm comment. We'll just have to get together another time and yes, spoons is a wicked game! We all laughed hysterically.

Bernard and I have a gift we want to send mack . . . [Evil]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.