FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hail Satan! HAIL SATAN! Hail Satan! HAIL SATAN!

Author Topic: Hail Satan! HAIL SATAN! Hail Satan! HAIL SATAN!
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Through Hatrack Chat, it's come to my attention that there are real, living, breathing people out there who haven't yet heard the masterpiece that is Tenacious D.

This must be corrected.

If you're not morally opposed to it, download "Tribute" or "Double Team" or "City Hall" (or hell, pretty much any song from the album). Then go out and buy the album. If you're opposed to downloading music, really, you must get this album. I can't stress how high a priority Tenacious D has in my life.

Marriage? Kids? Careers? I'm sorry. I POISONED THEIR WINE! For the good of the land!

...They poisoned mine, as well...

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, I love Jack Black and Brotha Kyle.

I remember when their show was first shown on HBO, and I thought to myself "WTF? This is so hilarious and raunchy and wonderful! It's too good to be true!". And then, sadly, it was gone. Now they have a DVD compilation. I neeeeed it.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Had to check this thread with such an emphatic title. *laugh* Never expected it to be about Tenacious D, though.

I'm really not a fan of vulgarity, but I absolutely LOVED the cd!

We are but men, rock on!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
And the fact that Jack Black was nominated for a golden globe for Best Actor/Comedy..well...it almost makes the world seem a-okay.

"I'd like a JUNIOR double bacon western chee. JUNIOR. I'm tryin' to watch my figure."

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryn
Member # 2190

- posted      Profile for Eryn   Email Eryn         Edit/Delete Post 
I expected this to be about this rock/alternative station here. They use that whole thing a lot. Anyways, Tenacious D IS good! So are fuel, metallica, nirvana, cradle of filth, 3 doors down, linkin park, antiflag,...as you can see, I LOVE rock, metal, and alternative. So yay. [Cool]
Posts: 183 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin played tenacious d at her grad party, so naturally i wasn't listening.

Now, as for vulgarity not mentioned here (Cradile of Filth is one mentioned):

Bloodhound Gang. New Jersey guys. Complete and Utter Nastiness. Disgusting. Horrid.

You all gotta listen to Hurray for Boobies....

And another less famous (rather, not at all) Southern New Jersey band (hailing from Wildwood). Chipmonk---my best friend's guy's in it. I've never seen them live and never want to. I have a cd and its very very vulgar. Most of the titles I can't type here---it's that bad.
Though their death-metal version of the Meow mix song was pretty awesome.

Anyway..........yeah, Tenacious D. Rock on.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
People that have to gross you out to make you like their stuff are stupid.

But Tenacious D doesn't, and therefore isn't stupid.

I did laugh at some of the Bloodhound Gang's stuff, though. One of my friends, *ahemming so I don't get shot*, "obtained" the album.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Who? [Blushing]

*looks innocent*

[ January 02, 2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.