FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'd like your opinions on illegal immigration. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'd like your opinions on illegal immigration.
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
Instead of looking at illegal immigration is being bad or good, we should look at why they aren't comign here legally. These people need jobs, and they need to come to the US to get them. But the process to come to the US legally and work is horrendiously long and requires mounds and mounds of paperwork (I've been on the hiring side of it), and generally to allow a foreign worker to come to the United States to work requires at least 6 months to start applying, and another 6 to start processing, if you're trying for a permenant residence as well, it could take well up to 3-5 years, it's the mass amount of paper pushing that makes Mexican workers resort to attempting to enter the country illegally.I have my doubts towards Bush's new plan, but I see it as a positive step foward that will hopefully be followed up with a more permenant solution that would involve decreasing the amount of paperwork that is needed for workers (at least seasonal) to come to the US, they've always been the backbone that drives the country, and it'd be for the country if they are all driven away.
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right. And it's still the case when you marry a US citizen. My English teacher immigrated from England after marrying his American wife and had to pay huge amounts of money to get someone to help him through the paperwork. Even with them showing him how it worked it still took months. There is no quick and cheep way to get a green card.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.