FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Great Big Sea

Author Topic: Great Big Sea
Tullaan
Member # 5515

- posted      Profile for Tullaan   Email Tullaan         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone listen to these guys?
Anyone seen them live?

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen them live, but I've got a couple of their CDs. I think Ordinary Day is my favorite song of theirs. In my opinion, they've gone too far into the pop of pop irish, but some good stuff shines through from time to time.

edit: A Boat Like Gideon Brown is also really good

[ January 26, 2004, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen them a couple of times. I missed them last time they came to Edmonton as my son was born the day before. They put on one of the most energetic and entertaining shows I have ever seen. They are one of the few bands my wife and I actually agree on listening to.

I think that my favorite album is Up or Play but I like all of them quite a bit. I want to see the DVD they released a little while ago.

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen them a few times back out East but I confess I don't own any of their albums. They do put on a good show and the singles I've heard were all a lot of fun. My brother-in-law knows them from the Newfoundland music scene but he's yet to invite them to any parties I've been to. I think he's ashamed of me (wanker!)
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I love them. I am anxiously awaiting their new CD and am very disappointed that I won't be able to see them live.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.