FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Hampshire Primary: Who do you think Mack will vote for?

Author Topic: New Hampshire Primary: Who do you think Mack will vote for?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well?

We should start a pool. [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Dean!

although i think Kerry will win, i still think you should vote for Dean.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet your vote goes to Kucinich, due to your overwhelming empathy for the underest dog of them all. [Smile]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what happened to the Witch King at the end of the movie when Eowyn stabbed him? You know, how his metal helmet scrunched all up and he was twisted and deformed into nothingness?

That's what happens to my brain when someone says I should vote for Dean.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't all about YOU. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

yea! it's all about me! duh.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
Me.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Edwards, as expained on AIM.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Dean because he's real. More real than any president we've had in a long time.

Kerry and Edwards are cool, but they're politicians.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Edwards, because I like him, though if Paul would like to explain why I like him, I wouldn't mind that either. [Monkeys]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Or, more accurately, because I like him far more than I like anyone else running.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack's not Republican?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

no she isn't. thank jeebus.
Argèn†~
Member # 4528

- posted      Profile for Argèn†~           Edit/Delete Post 
Vote Clark, because I have yet to see someone on Hatrack who was genuinely for him yet.
Posts: 346 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

That's because they're all here.
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
I think mack will vote for Dean, because she's smart and has a good sense of character. [Big Grin]

But really, I know she works with disadvantaged kids, and Dean has a real, proven solution for drastically reducing cases of child abuse and sexual abuse of children, 45% and 70%, respectively, during his 10 years as Governor of Vermont.

And he's pushed through incredible health care programs, leaving 99% of all Vermont children eligible for FREE health care, 96% of whom are already signed up. And he puts mental health on the same level as everything else, getting rid of visit limitations and other such disparities.

Also, I don't know how mack feels about renewable energy, but I just think it's wonderful that someone is finally saying that we need to invest in water, wind, and solar to break our dependence on oil. He would be the first president to actually push for people to use alternative sources of energy, something we're way behind the rest of the world on.

And he can do it, as the only real candidate who isn't beholden to special interest campaign donors. He doesn't owe pharmaceuticals or oil or media megacorporations anything. So if he gets into office, he will be free to extend his proven track record in Vermont to the rest of the country.

[Smile]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if Dean is really that foolishly idealistic, I think Mack will vote for someone else. She's smarter than that.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, why would we want a president who can see how things need to be and who would work towards making them that way?

Change bad.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

I think my favorite part is that Dean's said all along that we can't have everything. We can't have universal health care, child care, free college educations, trips to Mars, tax cuts, and a balanced budget all at once.

Everyone else is promising it all at no cost, but he's telling the truth. He says his top priority is balancing the budget, and then providing a few critical social programs. But he can't do everything for everyone, and I love that he's honestly admitting it during the campaign.

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
mack is old enough to vote? [Wink]

I predict mack will not get the opportunity to vote, because that day she will fall ill with abdominal pains and be in the hospital....

[Big Grin] just joking! really!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Cry]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
((I'm sorry))

(oh, wait -- I can't hug mack, because she bites huggers)

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Not if you tackle hug. [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
mack votes in New Hampshire?

[Confused]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky look at her profile...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering for a while why the site where I usually get political insight wasn't going all out even though the papers are. Then it occured to me that the only Jatraqueros in NH are Mack and I, and I'm not old enough to vote. I felt silly.

[Razz]

[ January 26, 2004, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But really, I know she works with disadvantaged kids, and Dean has a real, proven solution for drastically reducing cases of child abuse and sexual abuse of children, 45% and 70%, respectively, during his 10 years as Governor of Vermont.
How was this done? I really hope it isn't reclassifying the crimes, similar to the "Houston Miracle" that NCLB was modeled on. I'm not trying to troll, I think the Houston Miracle was the unfortunate result of applying market pressures to the statistical game.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Houston testing was fraud, pure&simple and deliberate, as was the "No Child Left Behind".
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mack should write in Chris Bridges. [Evil]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I managed to vote BEFORE the abdominal pains that landed me BACK in the hospital.

*kicks farmgirl*

I voted Dean. [Smile]

Ayelar
Member # 183

Pooka, it was done with a program called "Success by Six", which offered all mothers at birth a visit by a social worker to offer help with any problems there might be in the family. All totally voluntary on the parent's part. The vast majority of mothers took them up on this offer, and as a result a lot of parents were offered rehab, parenting classes, subsidized child care, etc. The kids ended up much better off than they would have been without this aid, and child abuse dropped remarkably.
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Mac, you go, girl.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.