Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » snow

Author Topic: snow
kidyanna
Member # 6148

- posted      Profile for kidyanna   Email kidyanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I love snow...we had a snow day from school today...it was pure bliss...we've gotten a lot in my area it great.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]

Sorry. I hate snow. It's cold and yucky...

Glad you got a day off, though.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [The Wave]

It was so much fun!! Notorious Shira came over to my house this morning... I was still asleep (it was 9:00) so she jumped on my bed, and woke me up! [Smile]

We had a lovely time playing in the snow, until she had to leave at 4:00. But it was SO MUCH FUN!

I want another snow day tomorrow! [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a snowday yesterday, and when we miss a day at school (for holidays or snowdays) the schedule (we have an A day/B day schedule, 4 classes a day for 1.5 hours) is supposed to resume with whatever we missed. So, since we had a B day on Friday, today should've been an A day, but they announced on the innercom that today was changed to a B day! It was really terrible, no one had their books...*sigh*...anyway, I love snow, especially when it makes for snowdays!
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yech. I hate you all. I live in Minnesota and we NEVER get snow days. We get snow emergencies, which mean we have to move our cars, but never ever snow days. (distaste)

[Wink]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] It doesn't snow in Louisiana, it just gets FREEZING COLD! [Grumble]
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate snow.

I hate getting up at 4:30 in the morning to commute to work in the snow.

I hate ice even more.

Hates them, we hatess them, preciouss.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
I love snow if you get an unexpected holiday and the power stays on.

It's scary if the power goes off and people die of the cold.

It's dreary and no fun if you have to commute through it.

But it's beautiful when it's falling and the world looks lovely all dressed in white.

Not trying to gloat but here in San Francisco, the highs are in the high 50s and lower 60s, lows in the 40s. It really is nice here. I can understand why people brave the earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, and very high cost of living to be here. [Smile]

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate snow too. It's everywhere. It's cold. It's wet. It's not fun.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
40s without snow is [Angst] frrreeeeeezzzing [Angst]
But [Big Grin] any day with snow [Big Grin] is just [Cool]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I will continue to like snow until next year, when we go to college and don't get snow days, at which point I expect to hate it thoroughly.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
Snow annoys me, except for yesterday when we got a two hour delay so I got to miss my first class. Today was worse; the university closed at 4 so I only had one class, but I had to go to work until 10. And everyone but a cashier, the frontend supervisor, service desk, and myself called off. So guess who was practically covering the whole store?
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
blacwolve it all depends on where you go to school as to whether you get snow days in college or not.

I wish I got snow days for work.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Monday my School which is a collge had a 2 hour delayed start, and they do still have snow days sometime, but none while I've been there.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
blackwolve, you can become a teacher after college, though, and get snow days again.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's going to be cold, there might as well be snow. However, no amount of snow can get me out of work because a) I work in an Emergency Room and b) I could walk to work.

*sigh*

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It also depends on how much your professors hate the snow. They might just choose not to show up on the really bad days.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My work doesn't get snow days, but our CLIENTS do. On snow days, we get to work a rare 9-4 day. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's snowing right now, but I'll bet you a pencil it won't stick. [Frown]

Domino's gets busier when it snows. People want something warm, and they don't want to leave the house.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
*High5s* I got a day off today [Big Grin]
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Snowses is much too coldses, my precious.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] It only started snowing at like, 8am, so we were all already in class. [Grumble]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! I told you! It stopped snowing and there's nothing on the ground. I want my pencil.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I REALLY hate snow now, because if it sticks to the sidewalks at Cracker Barrel I have to shovel it. It adds at least an hour to the time before I can sleep, and so far an extra $7 hasn't been enough compensation to make up for it. Fortunately it hasn't snowed enough to stick yet this year, save on the grass.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Bloomingtonians: WE HAVE A TWO HOUR DELAY TOMORROW!!!! [The Wave]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.