FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LoTR Dating Manual

Author Topic: LoTR Dating Manual
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=17664

LOTR Dating Manual

By Liz Langley, AlterNet
January 27, 2004

• When you're trying to catch the cute guy's eye is the exact moment the dwarf will pick to approach you;
  • Eating raw fish is no longer a sign of a sophisticated date. (That said, you have to admit the Atkins plan is working for Gollum.)
  • if you're the only girl among 100 guys you'll still fall for the only one who has a girlfriend;
  • When overused, terms of endearment such as "precious" lose their meaning;
  • All couples fight, but battles shouldn't last so long that one of you has to get up and stretch your legs or use the bathroom;
  • It doesn't matter if you look like Liv Tyler; your pining and whining will still get on people's nerves;
  • Don't blame your friends just because they can see right through your creepy little partner;
  • If you can get along on a road trip, the relationship will probably last;
  • There will come a point when it seems like the relationship should be over. Don't drag it out. Just end it there.
And finally, the mother of all dating wisdom:
  • Some people will go to any lengths to get a ring; others, having had one for awhile, will go to any lengths to chuck it into a volcano.
[Smile]

[ January 27, 2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That's great. [Hail]
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
I must not have watched the movies closely enough, I don't get most of the refrances. [Dont Know]
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
There should be something in there about not bringing tired, hungry men food when you know you are a lousy cook!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to keep your woman around, let her do the decorating.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but the author doesn't sound like the type to watch extended editions.

Edit: I was replying to AJ.

[ January 28, 2004, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: MidnightBlue ]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes the name "Wormtongue" is not only deserved, it may be flattery.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
if you're the only girl among 100 guys you'll still fall for the only one who has a girlfriend;
oh man! That is SO true!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no witty comeback for this.

[ROFL]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Spending $300 million is no guarantee you will get lucky with Oscar.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don't blame your friends just because they can see right through your creepy little partner
This reminds me of that TTT parody...it makes me laugh every time I think of it [Big Grin]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.