FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MSN Messenger

Author Topic: MSN Messenger
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so being the IM addict that I am I have gone and added MSM Messenger to the list of software I have for talking to people from my computer, as I was incouraged to do.

But this leaves me with a few queastions:
  • Who already has MSN Messenger?
  • Is there a hatrack chat room?
  • Who is going to get MSN Messenger now that they see how cool it must be I have it?
  • And come on, won't you download it too so we can chat?
(I am useing this profile specifically because it has the right email for this topic)
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea! I live for MSN Messenger!

SN: Darling Niki
EMAIL: valentine014@hotmail.com

[The Wave]

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
But why? AIM seems just dandy.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Oh, poor Goat, so ignorant...let's sacrifice him.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, MSN messenger is ok. But I prefer AIM. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Except you never TURN IT ON.

But I'm off to bed. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

So earlier today, was that part of "never"?

I'm just asking . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

That is so funny, as I read this post, Rivka signs on.....hi there!
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of people shared their MSN screen names on this thread.

Hatrackers have never done a chatroom type chat on MSN though, to my knowledge. A lot more of us have AIM or another messenging program compatible with AIM.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*dryly* mack knows far too many of my buttons.

And she went to sleep too QUICKLY! [Wink]

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
*ears perk up*

*sharpens knives*

*sidles closer to da goat*

Oh, and by the way, just ad an _ between the names above and you'll get my MSN.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the link Ela, I was thinking some people had said something about MSN messenger there. [Wave]
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always preferred MSN messenger to AIM -- in fact, I just added AIM in order to talk to you all on Hatrack Chat. No one else seemed to be using MSN.

But it is all I use for talking with other family/friends.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Yea, FG, same here, didn't even have AIM until I got here. I've changed the sounds on MSN and they aren't nearly as annoying as that stupid slamming door. I can see my display icon picture and change my window background (and I don't even have to pay for it [Eek!] )
rivka
Member # 4859

You can do all of those things on AIM too -- just use Gaim (or Trillian).
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't ever use MSN because my mom commandeered my account to talk to her friend who moved back to Chile. I just use that email account for junk mail anyways though, so it's not a big deal.

I think I originally got an AIM account when I downloaded a copy of Netscape ages ago, but I never used it until the first round of Hatrack Mafia. Nowadays, I use it more than I use Yahoo, which was my primary IM software for quite a while, thanks to Hatrack chat and Yahoo's really buggy systems. (And Trillian's temporary inability to connect to Yahoo back in September-October. Go, Trillian!)

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
So create your own account. You can use more than one MSN account on the same computer you know...JaneX and I do it. You just change the log-in name when you sign on to MSN messenger.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Because AIM really is the devil. Anyone else on MSN?
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Valentine,

I'd guess that many people have been or are on any number of chat/relay services. Probably deserving of a faq of some sort around here.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I have and like both. They both have problems. *shrug*

Use 'em all, I say! That way, when one's playing up, you have the other for back up. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
ICQ all the way! woo!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I have AIM, MSN and ICQ at home, but rarely turn ICQ on any more. Not allowed to have ICQ here at work, but I do have MSN messenger. And I do most of my posting from here at work, not from home.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
shouldn't you be...working at work?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

nah -- I'm PC Support - -help desk. I only work when someone calls and needs me. So it is sporadic.

By the way -- visited your web site. Very interesting.

Farmgirl

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Used to use ICQ all the time, but my boss liked MSN and insisted everyone here use it so he can send us messages from home (we work overlapping schedules so the office is always covered). So I got Trillian and use 'em all.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I have AIM, WM, ICQ, and Trillian. I only use the first two.

and just because, I will bump the link that Ela posted.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.