FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » An invitation for all Utah Jatraqueros (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: An invitation for all Utah Jatraqueros
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
If Nathan can get off work this Saturday, he should be coming down to Provo. If not, it should be next weekend. [Smile] Jon Boy and I would love to have as many of you as can come over to our apartment for games and treats, or if you'd like to meet somewhere instead of at our place, that would be great too.

Nathan, please let us know your plans ASAP. And anyone who is interested in coming, please post here so I can email you our address. [Smile]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
You two got hitched as a result of the last Utah get-together, didn't you? A warning to everyone who's considering attendance -- pretty Mormon chicks may wind up marrying you as a result of Hatrack. 'Ware the menace! Run fast run far.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we've had some since then, but yeah, we met at the get-together on March 1.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

And, er, by "you two," I mean you and Jon, not you and Nathan. Unless there's something I should know about. Something Jon definitely shouldn't know about if you keep guns in the apartment.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Jealous, Lalo?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
um, i think that was many gatherings ago, wasn't it?

edit: i must type slower than anyone on this entire forum.

[ February 17, 2004, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Jealous, always, but I'm rather intimidated by these pheromones that seem to hang around Hatrack gatherings. The truth is I have no brother, I'm just staying away from the newest Shinda because you and I run the very real chance of falling madly in love with each other.

I'm already madly in love with myself, and I'm not sure I'd deal well with another woman in my lover's life. Ugh. I'd probably go on a Rocky Road spree and cut his face out of all the pictures I have of him. He used me, I feel so cheap, so violated -- didn't our lovemaking mean anything to him? I'll never love again...

Brinestone
Member # 5755

um . . .
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear. It's become one of the those threads.
---

Lalo, I didn't know you were that afraid of my charms.

[ February 17, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the HILARIOUS kind. Go, Eddie, go! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to come! [Smile] My email is listed on my profile. I don't *think* I have plans this Saturday, but I'll have to make sure.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I work today, so I'll see if I can get Sat. off. I get 2 days I can request off, every three months. I'll probably end up using one for this Sat., unless it turns out that I have the next Sat. off, in which case, I'll save the time off.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to come! I will just be coming back from a vacation, but heh, sounds good to me. Let me know when/where. Go ahead and send it to the email in my profile.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty Mormon chicks?! [Angst] Oh, wait . . .

And Zevlag's coming! Cool.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
What time?
I'm working until 6am saturday. I usually sleep afterwards.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Anyway, I got Saturday off, so I'm good for doing something at any point in time.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

How about 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon? We could hang out, maybe pitch in and order in pizza later. Jon Boy and I are very good at making desserts too . . .
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

I'm down for that. Due to my poor sense of timing and directions (as in parking at the football field, on the EXACT OPPOSITE SIDE of the BYU campus), I'll aim to be there around 2:30, that way I'll either be there on time, or early.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

[Big Grin]
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, guys, since you'll be in Provo, even if you don't want to attend, go register at Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Scheduling delt them a very low blow. They had been scheduled for mid-March since about last fall. They had all their guests arranged for those dates. About 4 weeks ago LTUE was suddenly bumped and another organization given that slot. LTUE was reschedule for this weekend. Of course, they've lost most of their guests. There are feelings that certain factions are trying to rid BYU of this convention.

So just go put your name down in protest, even if you don't attend the panels. But heck, what a great place for a bunch of Utah Jatraqueroes to hang.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Sounds good to me! [Smile]

Anything you want me to bring?

(Oh, and depending on her schedule, Amanda might come, too. She wants to, but she may be busy.)

Edit: Amka was posting at the same time as me. I'll definitely try to go sign up for that. OSC came last year, and anything that has the chance of getting him to come out here is worth supporting. [Smile]

[ February 18, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: hansenj ]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Grr. I haven't even liked the classes at LTUE I've attended, but you just don't do that to a group of people who have organized it for so long and gotten busy writers to come and speak. [Mad]
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Okay. I've sent our address and directions to everyone who posted to this thread. If you want to come and want directions, just let me know.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

raventh1, your email address is not listed in your profile. If you want directions, send me an email and I'll reply to it.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a rehearsal for my TMA group project this saturday, but I should be done by 2:00 at the absolute latest. Count me in!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance of a cooperative babysitting effort for LTUE? Amka? Anyone? So registration is same day? The website is really vague about that. Anyway, I am pretty sure I will be in Provo this weekend.

I have 3 pizza stones... and I'm not afraid to use them.

[ February 18, 2004, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

We have one and a pizza pan. We could do Boboli, if you prefer that to ordering pizza. I'd offer to make crust, but that many pizzas would take a very long time to knead and I don't think I have a bowl big enough anyway.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I could help Ruth. I love kneading bread, and I learned to toss dough once. A bowl can be improvised. [Big Grin]

[ February 19, 2004, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I have a kitchenaid, it makes 3 lbs. at a time, and I like about one pound per pizza. But I can cook it before I come, if that would be less stressful. It would be like homemade bobolis. If you want to do pizza bar again.

Instead of specific assignments, the men could bring some kind of meat topping and the women could bring some kind of vegetable derived topping. Though I guess someone reliable would have to be assigned sauce and cheese. There is the risk we wind up with all ground beef and pineapple.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Pooka, that sounds wonderful! We have about a pound of mozzarella, quite a bit of parmesan, and I think a can or two of sauce. Who else would like to bring cheese and sauce?

I think we also have pepperoni, pineapple, and italian sausage.

Oh, and I'd be willing to watch your kid(s?) between noon and two on Saturday, pooka. I'm pretty busy the rest of the time.

[ February 19, 2004, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Amka
Member # 690

My daughter's birthday party is that day. Officially it ends at 2:30 but you know what that really means. I've been sick as well, so after that I really don't think I'll have the energy to get myself out of the house. But if anyone wants to stop on the way back to say hi and watch a movie from our vast collection on our big screen TV...
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

By a very strange set of coincidences, I can actually make it to this...
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
O_o

celia's going to be in Utah?

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

O_o do tell?

ack... birthday party... ack well, i guess i'll be late for Nathan's thing, and I'll have to do Fri pm/Sat am for LTUE. I have a birthday party at 4 in Riverton.

Brinestone
Member # 5755

Is celia joking?

*gets very, very excited if she's not*

Brinestone
Member # 5755

It sounds like you're pretty busy, pooka. Don't worry about the pizza crusts.

And sm, I'll think about your offer, but Jon Boy and I are busy until noon on Saturday, which makes it difficult to make pizza crusts, as they take about 1 hour to rise, plus preparation and baking time.

celia60
Member # 2039

i, um, will need directions or this isn't going to work at all.
pooka
Member # 5003

I also missed the first batch of directions.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Those of you who posted after I sent out the directions haven't gotten your email yet. Sorry, I've been very busy. I'll try to do it in the next few minutes, before class starts, but if that doesn't work, expect an email this evening.

Edit: Ashley, your email isn't in your profile either. You should, however, be able to look us up on Route Y. We're Jonathon and Ruth Owen, if you forgot. IM me at Brinestone if you need more directions than that (our place is REALLY not hard to find).

[ February 19, 2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just around the Point of the Mountain, and I'm free this Saturday, so I'd like to come too. Shoot me the e-mail also please!
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

::jaw drops::

Celia's going to be there? Any reason in particular, or do you just really want to see me?

celia60
Member # 2039

Yeah, it's totally you. Nothing to do with that company I mentioned handing a resume to or anything. [Wink]
Amka
Member # 690

Celia, just when ARE you going to be here? Because the word has come down that we are having a LAN party at my house on friday too. So, all you Utah hatrack people who enjoy those kinds of things and happen to be able to come and bring your own computer (we might make an exception for Celia, but all the computers are pretty much spoken for) are welcome at my house on friday.

I won't be there until about 9 though. Have a date with my daughters [Smile] It will last until the wee hours.

celia60
Member # 2039

I'll email you my schedule. It's a bit hectic, but maybe I can fit it in.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Celia's mean. [Frown]

But we'll let her come anyway.

[ February 19, 2004, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

hansenj
Member # 4034

So, wait, are we making pizza or ordering it? It sounds like making pizzas could be pretty complicated with all of your busy schedules. What's the verdict? I don't have that busy of a weekend ahead of me, so I can help do whatever. I don't have that much (read: none) experience with pizza crust making, though.

I'm so excited for all these people that are coming! [Big Grin] (Amanda is sad, but she won't be able to make it.)

Hey Ruth, you guys only live about 3 blocks south of me. Let me know if you need any help getting ready for this! [Smile]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

I'd personally rather order pizza, but I'm up for anything. It'd probably be just as cheap, or almost as cheap, as making it, and it would give us more time to hang out instead of making and cleaning up pizzas.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'm a bit biased toward making pizza because 1) I find it really fun and b) I haven't much cash to pitch in, but if I were to bring toppings I could just use my signature card at Creamery on 9th. but Ruth and Jenny are right, we're all too busy and who wants to clean up Mr. and Mrs. Boy's kitchen, anyway?

...what if I brought drinks? Then I could still pitch in without using cash.

Brinestone
Member # 5755

That would be great! [Smile]
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

sweet! What does everyone want? Would 2 liters be best, or cans? Or Martinelli's? Milk?

oh, and my email's sarcasticmuppet@byu.edu

[ February 19, 2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.