FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » An invitation for all Utah Jatraqueros (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: An invitation for all Utah Jatraqueros
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] [Cry] CELIA is going to be there!? [Cry] [Angst]

Maybe I'll reconsider... [Taunt]

I'm up for ordering. Papa John's is mmmmmm.

and I'll drink anything...

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I prefer A&W root beer and Wild Cherry Pepsi, but you can probably bring whatever you want. Two-liters will probably be best.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
JB, I was asking because I'm a non-soda drinker, so if it were up to me I'd get Milk or cans of Orange Juice concentrate or something, and maybe Sprite/Dr. Pepper for you CO2 addicts. If people say what they want, then I can deliver.

Pajeba, if you'd like to help with drinks, right on with that. If there are as many people coming as I think there are, I might be a little overwhelmed. How many people ARE coming, anyway?

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

It looks like about eight people. Ashley, if you also want to bring non-soda-type beverages, that's fine. But be warned: I get awfully cranky if I don't have my CO2 fix.

Pooka, money for pizza is the priority, I think. If you also want to bring some treats, go for it. If not, we'll just have to survive without them . . . somehow.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, I thought there would be way more. Let's see...a 2 litre can moisten like what, four people? Maybe five? So two or three different ones should do it. I should handle that just fine.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Yeah, that should be sufficient. If we run out of soda, we'll just have to resort to—*gasp*—water.
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, are you people allowed to drink soda? What about the sinful caffeine?

I say bring a batch of 40's and watch the party happen.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

40s? [Confused] [Dont Know]

*assumes they are some sort of inebriating beverage*

[ February 20, 2004, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, I'll bring some money for pizza, and I'm also thinking of making some amazing chocolate cookies (we recently discovered a new recipe). [Big Grin]

Fun! [Smile] I'm excited!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo! Amazing chocolate cookies! Jatraqueros! Whee!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
From what my wee little sheltered brain remembers, 40's means Malt Liqour of some type.

Again, that's just my wee little brain.

I'm pretty sure Frisco said something about them one time in a thread.

Anyway...

Finding your place shouldn't be too hard. Also, I'm a bit confused. Are we MAKING pizza, or BUYING pizza? Please, just say making or buying otherwise I start to get confused.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Buying, T. Bring money. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

- posted      Profile for Hot Nathan           Edit/Delete Post 
What do you know, you aren't even going to be there?

Or, like celia, by some strange reason, are you going to be there also?

Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Just a helpful bystander -- carry on. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

I'll be sure to dedicate my first slice of pizza in your name.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Sweet!
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ruth, I thought I'd better formally release you from your offer to babysit, thanks. I didn't know if it was clear.

I think you meant pajeba, Jon, but I will also chip in. I will probably drop by relatively briefly, due to probably having up to 3 children in tow. Do we know what time window Celia will be around? I don't want to miss her. Not to say the rest of you are less important, just that I'll probably have you all to my house sometime.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Nathan
Member # 6114

Celia and I actually worked out an arrangement for me to pick her up. So, basically, whatever time works out best for you and she'll be there.
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to decide if I should make a special guest appearance...
Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Like, a cameo? We'd love to have you, Dante. Your saying you'd like to meet me last February was one of the strongest forces that brought me to that fateful gathering. Just thought you should know.

*imagines Dante with little wings and a bow and arrow*

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Wait, are you people allowed to drink soda? What about the sinful caffeine?
*points to previous reference to Wild Cherry Pepsi*
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I don't think we've been specific about the time, but I guess since Nathan's coming at 2:30, let's start at 3:00. If you want to come at 2:30, that's okay too.
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Really? Cool!

Yes, I have been proven to have amazing abilities to help everyone except me find somebody.

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I'm just going to bed now, and I found out that I wouldn't have a vehicle until around 4:30 .. I could take the bus / trax...

I'll try to get up around 2 - 3 ish.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello fello Utahns, I'm not there, as you probably can tell [Razz] I had to take my car into the shop this morning for a tuneup, tey said they would have it done by Noon, well it isn't. [Frown] So as soon as I can my car back, and if it isn't too late, I will be there!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

[Cry] birthday party didn't get over unti 6:15. And the middle of said three children was on a "I need a nap but instead of taking one I'll be hyper" attitude, so I thought I'd better skip.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Too bad you guys couldn't make it. It was tons o' fun. We stuffed our faces with pizza, donuts, and Jennie's freshly baked double chocolate dream cookies. We also played Apples to Apples and made fun of Nathan's Utah accent (phrases like "feeling celia's melons" become "filling cilia's melons" [pictures forthcoming]). There was also a performance piece by Nathan called "Knobs." Raventh recorded it, and it'll be posted, too.

All in all, good times. [Cool]

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know you guys even saw that, let alone got pictures! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

How could we NOT see it? He couldn't go more than five minutes without grabbing them!
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
man, you should have been in the car on the way over.

or, wait, no you shouldn't have.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy, YOU also have a Utah accent.

*pat pat*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Of course I do. But it's nowhere near as bad as Nathan's.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
And I didn't think you're voice would be as deep as it was.

And Nathan is just...nathan.

And WHY did NO ONE except Jon Boy, Nathan, and sarcasticmuppet want to talk to me? [Frown]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

And I thought your voice would be deeper. And celia's, too! She sounds so . . . friendly over the phone. [Angst]
mackillian
Member # 586

You thought my voice would be deeper? [Confused]
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I guess so. Don't ask me why.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

By the way, here's a picture of celia's famous melons.

And here's Nathan's performance piece, entitled "Knobs."

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Good times.

Where are the rest of your pictures, Jon Boy?

Edit: And while I'm pestering, what about yours, Mark? [Smile]

[ February 24, 2004, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: hansenj ]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Still sitting on my computer because I haven't uploaded them yet. Patience.
pooka
Member # 5003

Nice melons [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.