FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boon's official unofficial countdown...5 weeks! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Boon's official unofficial countdown...5 weeks!
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm sort of surprised. I mean, I remember how active Dan and Jen seemed in-utero, but I'd forgotten how uncomfortable that can be.

On other words, this child simply WILL NOT hold still! [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
In my experience, each one was more active. Slightly roomier uterus, maybe?

Sympathy, though! Wiggly, sharp elbows and knees and hard head and rear can be a lot to deal with when they're shoved against your ribs.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

I've not been feeling well lately. I'm tired...too tired really to post this right now, but I'll be okay. I wore myself out responding to AJ earlier. [Wink] I'll post what's going on when I have more energy. But don't worry, we're fine. Really.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon,

I hope you feel better.

Tax season too!!!

Yikes! [Eek!]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Thanks, Bob.

Long story short, my blood sugar's screwed up. I passed the one-hour test in the doctor's office, but I've been so lethargic lately...lightheaded, dizzy sometimes, headaches...

If you don't want to hear about some yucky bodily functions, stop reading this post now...

Friday morning I woke up to the worst case of diarrhea I've ever had. All Day Long. Drank plenty of fluids, including about 2 quarts of water, and spent the day in bed. Had very bad cramping, especially while in the bathroom, and several contractions (usually mild) in between.

All night Friday, no bowel movements, but frequent contractions that were strong enough to wake me up.

Saturday morning, woke up at 7am. Laid in bed for an hour, 2 mild contractions but no baby movements. [Frown]

And...the diarrhea is back. [Frown]

Got up, ate some cereal and drank a glass of juice, fed the kids, laid back down. An hour later: still no baby movements, but no more contractions either. [Frown]

11am, a couple more contractions, but STILL no baby movements. [Angst] Call the doctor's office. "I can't reassure you until we examine you. Go to L&D." 'K!

Well, L&D nurse hooks me up to the monitors. Less than 5 minutes after we get there, BB is kicking the crap out of me where the monitors are. Apparently, he doesn't like the pressure. Whew! [Big Grin] Doc orders an anti-bad-poop pill.

We go back home, and I rest most of the day.

Sunday is fine. No diarrhea, few contractions, I feel fine.

Monday I had a Doctor's appointment. There's too much amniotic fluid. Doc says it's possible that it's nothing to worry about, but since I'm overwieght to begin with, and there's so much fluid, I need to go take the 3 hour fasting glucose test. [Frown]

Monday night, we have dinner, and then I get NOTHING to eat or drink until after the test is over Tuesday.

Tuesday morning I get to the lab at 8:30am. They draw blood, then give me the yucky orange drink.

Immediate sugar high. I feel great. My headache is gone, I have energy, I'm striking up conversations with the people in the waiting room.

Ten minutes later, I'm snoozing in the corner.

Every hour, on the hour, they wake me up to draw blood. After three hours, it's time to go get lunch: the test is over.

Nearest fast-food place: BK. Get a Chicken Whopper and a large ice water. Eat in the car. Start for home.

I'm feeling a lot better, so I stop at my favorite used bookstore. Browse for a while, pick out some books, check out, and then can't stand up any longer.

My head is spinning, everything's black, my legs feel like jello. I'm so hot on the inside I'm sweaty but I'm shivering from the cold.

I call Doc. "Lay down and put your feet up." Well, that'd be fine, Doc, if I was at home!

Call hubby. He's not home, he's out of town helping "K" install a kiln in an art classroom. He calls "K"s wife to come get me and take me home.

I go home, lay in bed all afternoon. The kids are so sweet, taking care of Mom.

Wednesday morning I have no choice. I have to go to work. My head still hurts, I can't concentrate. Luckily, nobody with anything complicated came in yesterday.

Today I'm feeling better. I ate well yesterday, and had a good breakfast this morning. I should have the lab results later today. I just wish this weren't Thursday. It's my 12 hour workday. [Frown]

I'll post again when (and if) the Doc's office calls me today.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

Thank you for your reply Boon. You shouldn't have done that just for me if you were feeling so lousy!!!

Take care of that baby!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

That was no problem, AJ, really. If there's one thing I've learned it's to do only what you really feel like doing when you aren't feeling well. Then, even if it wears you out, you still haven't done something that was a waste of energy. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

*sympathy hugs* Fluctuating sugar levels (diabetes-related or not) feel awful when not pregnant. Much worse with pregnancy. [Frown] Mine were never nearly as bad as yours -- I did faint rather spectacularly a couple times. (Once when I wasn't quite showing (or telling people) yet. I had to tell several people I was pregnant just to reassure them that there WASN'T something horribly wrong with me. [Wink] )

Hope the doctor comes up with some useful suggestions!

I used to find crackers and apples helpful (not together [Big Grin] ).

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

While at the lab, I asked the tech when Doc would have the results. "Wednesday morning."

Wednesday afternoon I call Doc. Nurse says results not in yet.

Today I call Doc at 3pm. Different nurse says results came in yesterday, but she can't tell me until Doc signs off on them. [Frown] She'll go show him immediately and call me back. She never called. [Mad]

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Boon. I had to do that extended glucose test, twice! No fun.

Best of luck. I don't know when your due date is, but the info is probably on this thread somewhere....

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

[Big Grin] Check the title Beverly.

I'm kinda feeling wierd...emotionally anyway. My boss's daughter has/had the same due date as me, but with twins! Well, she's been hospitalized twice now for high blood pressure. She was finally diagnosed with preeclampsia which progressed to the point this morning that they took the babies out cesearian. Four pounds 10 ounces and four pound 14 ounces. Everyone's absolutely fine! [Party]

As for my blood sugar, nothing new. Called Doc again, nurse tried to tell me results still not back. I'm afraid I got rather nasty with her. [Frown] I just really, really don't like being lied to. Just tell me you forgot to show him, okay?

I revised the schedule here at work too... I cut myself back from 4 days (with two 12 hour days) to 3 regular days. I'm just too dang tired... I know it's best for the store if I'm here more, because, well, I know more than the people who work for me. That's why I'm the OM. But I'm not more than a phone call and a 15 minute drive away, so I can't make myself feel too bad for flaking out. But I do feel like I'm flaking out, ya know? Gah! I just can't win.

I'm so dang tired of carrying around this watermelon. [Big Grin]

Boon
unregistered

Nurse finally called back. All numbers came back normal. WHAT!?! You mean you tortured me for a week to tell me everything's fine!?!

OTOH, everything's fine. BB just pees a lot, that's why there's so much fluid. The good news is, this means I'm getting plenty of fluids or he wouldn't have much TO pee. [Razz]

Boon
unregistered

Lightening!

On the one hand, it's easier to breathe. There's more room in my upper abdomen. The heartburn isn't so bad...

On the other hand, his huge little head is resting directly on my pelvic bones, or so it seems. This means less bladder control, more lower back pain, and more "spreading", which means extreme groin pain, especially when standing. Walking across the room is an excruciation ordeal.

Lightening was NOT this painful with the other two, and definitely came later... or maybe it just is later... [Eek!]

rivka
Member # 4859

*sympathetic wince*

I only survived the last 6 weeks of my third pregnancy because of the chiropractor my OB recommended.

Good luck!

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs boon* Thinking of you!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

I have a doctor's appointment today. After some research on the 'net, I think I may have something other than "normal" pregnancy pain. I'll let you know how it goes.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.