FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oscar Fashion: Bad (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oscar Fashion: Bad
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Primal Curve! Seems like it's been a while. I never looked in your bio before, great occupation.

[ March 02, 2004, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
PC, can I get a swig of that?
My response to most of the clothes at the Oscars can be described with one of two sentiments. It’s either

“Yeah, she’s hot and secretly wants to date me.”

Or

“Say something funny or just open the dang envelope.”

Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
And can you believe that Billy Crystal didn't open an envelope? That was torture!
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Uma Thurman's dress, even though I knew the fashion gurus wouldn't. I thought this year's styles were a pleasant change from those of previous years. I remember one year when the prevailing dress design was two strips of cloth covering the breasts and then joining into a skirt. This years dresses were positively modest for the Oscars.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do famous men always seem to insist on keeping their hair as dirty looking as possible? It's so gross...
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
The dresses went with the ceremony for the most part. [Sleep] zzzzzzzzzzzzz Too much white. Too much beige, or "champagne" as they call it. Too much black. Too much tanner. Too much eye makeup. The ceremony was dull and only brighted up when LotR won and people wore some COLOR for crying out loud!! For this reason I adored Jennifer Garner, Nicole Kidman, Scarlett Johansen, Marcia Gay Harden, Catherine ZJ, and Jamie Lee Curtis.

For this reason I also adored Will Ferrell and Jack Black...and they usually drive me nuts. [Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
samantha morton's dress was NOT purple and i thought she was absolutely breathtaking.

in fact, i thought the majority of the actresses that made it to the stage were lovely.
but then again i have a much wider range of likes in fashion than your average vogue addict.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i have a much wider range of likes in fashion than your average vogue addict.
I can stop any time I want to.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Owen Wilson looks like he's cringing at all the bad outfits:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/virtual/oscar04-redcarpet/21
I think the hobbitses looked very nice
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/virtual/oscar04-redcarpet/32
Especially this one! [Wink]
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/virtual/oscar04-redcarpet/41
Jack Black looks like he's trying to steal something [Laugh]
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/virtual/oscar04-redcarpet/47

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for PJ and his noncomformist style. I think it's enough of a miracle that he didn't wear the same shirt, shorts, and flipflops.

In that last shot Sean Astin looked like a mob enforcer.

[ March 02, 2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if Jack Black and PJ were related, they actually both do the scruffy hobbit look quite well.

As for the actual hobbits, Eruve, you picked my favorite individual hobbit too!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I like it when people give the finger to all the fashion horses and show up scruffy.

More scruffy people, please. [Smile]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, com ON! Frodo is far cuter! [Smile]
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Is *not*!
[Kiss] Pippin

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else find themselves unconsciously shrugging one shoulder whenever they look at Susan Sarandon? I think that kind of overtly seductive style only draws attention to one's age.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
And then there was that one woman (one of the technical awards) wearing the dress that practically screamed, "Look at my sagging breasts!"
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Eruve, you picked my favorite individual hobbit too
I'm afraid I have to agree. [Smile]

I liked Julia Robert's dress, and I also noticed how day-glo orange Charlize Theron was... but of course every one up here is presently pasty white so I may be biased.

The reason the scruffy-hair look is so over-used is because it's "weathered" and it looks like they have some purpose in life if they look messy.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.